Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 18-05-2013, 17:47   #1381
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Universal HD is the puzzler for me,why is it taking so long????
I am glad Boxnation was not in HD last night!

Advertisement
Old 18-05-2013, 18:03   #1382
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Its best to ask Hilda.
Old 18-05-2013, 18:14   #1383
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
I believe Sky has More4HD exclusively for 6 months from launch
Sky are getting Film 4 HD in September.
Maybe Virgin will get More 4 HD around the same time.
Old 18-05-2013, 18:54   #1384
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
I get the feeling it wasn't part of the new deal cause I reckon it would have launched along with E! HD when Style launched
Old 18-05-2013, 20:22   #1385
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
I am glad Boxnation was not in HD last night!
One of the most shocking injuries I've ever seen!
Old 18-05-2013, 20:53   #1386
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
One of the most shocking injuries I've ever seen!
It made me surprised it wasn't stopped
Prizefighter in a bit
Old 18-05-2013, 21:08   #1387
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It made me surprised it wasn't stopped
Prizefighter in a bit
I can't believe it wasn't stopped either.

I'm recording Prizefighter, I really can't watch it live. Far too much betting talk and Johnny Nelson. I can usually watch a Prizefighter within 1 hour by fast forwarding through all the chat, adverts, between rounds and post fight interviews. Not really a big fan of Prizefighter.

I am however really looking forward to the action from the States.
Old 19-05-2013, 03:39   #1388
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Looks like Sky's on demand offering is now dwarfing Virgin Media's on demand choice.
Hopefully when the transaction finishes with Liberty Global, the new CEO will slam down his iron fists with some juicy new deals!
Old 19-05-2013, 03:55   #1389
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Looks like Sky's on demand offering is now dwarfing Virgin Media's on demand choice.
Hopefully when the transaction finishes with Liberty Global, the new CEO will slam down his iron fists with some juicy new deals!
SKY are now certainly leading the way in terms of catch up TV. Not 100% sure who carries the most on demand content however the library on SKY is fairly extensive.

A deal between UKTV and Virgin for on demand content would be a good start.
Old 19-05-2013, 06:03   #1390
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
SKY are now certainly leading the way in terms of catch up TV. Not 100% sure who carries the most on demand content however the library on SKY is fairly extensive.

A deal between UKTV and Virgin for on demand content would be a good start.
Yes well its coming soon old boy.
Old 19-05-2013, 09:30   #1391
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

BT Sports won't be on XL. It really doesn't compute with what BT are after even if VM do get the channels...
Old 19-05-2013, 09:47   #1392
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
BT Sports won't be on XL. It really doesn't compute with what BT are after even if VM do get the channels...
I think one of two things will happen:
1 - BT Sport will be a stand alone subscription (like BoxNation)
2 - VirginMedia won't get BT Sport
This is just my personel opinion
Old 19-05-2013, 09:57   #1393
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Well l believe is the second one is very unlikely so that leaves number one plus number three which is the unlikely scenario of it being on the XL pack.
Old 19-05-2013, 09:59   #1394
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well l believe is the second one is very unlikely so that leaves number one plus number three which is the unlikely scenario of it being on the XL pack.
I cannot see BT agreeing for it to be on XL a la ESPN to be honest but maybe the standalone for BT Sport will be less costly if the subscriber has the XL package.
Old 19-05-2013, 10:00   #1395
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I concur.

Not sure Virgin would go to the expense of BT sport.

Though they might try and subsidise it (£1 or £2 off).
Closed Thread