Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Good Gamecube Games for my Wii?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Good Gamecube Games for my Wii?

Old 18-01-2007, 00:07   #1
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Good Gamecube Games for my Wii?

I'm on the look out for some good Gamecube games that I can play with my ...er, I mean my son's Wii. Have just bought an old GC plus 2 controllers and memory cards from a bloke at work, and it comes with Super Monkey Ball, a Fifa game, Super Mario Sunshine and something else. Should help keep me ...er, I mean my son busy till Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros are released.

What other Gamecube games are any good? Donkey Konga will probably be next on my list, but anyone got any other suggestions?

Cheers.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2007, 00:39   #2
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: Good Gamecube Games for my Wii?

I was going to get Mario Kart - Double Dash but if Mario Kart 64 is coming out on the Virtual console i think i won't bother.

I might buy a resident evil game if i see one cheap somewhere
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 07:01   #3
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Do you need the Memory Cards or will just a controller and a game do at first ?
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 08:34   #4
Logan
Inactive

Services: Sky+ NTL 10mb
Logan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Logan

I think, to save GCN games, you need a GCN memory card or SD card - don't quote me on the SD card bit though.

As for GCN games:

Mario Kart: Double Dash
F-Zero: GX
Viewtiful Joe
Metroid Prime
The Legend of Zelda WindWaker (get the bonus disc and enjoy the old Zelda games too)
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball 2
Eternal Darkness
Res Evil
Super Smash Bros Melee
Soulcalibur II
Star Wars Rogue Leader II
Star Wars Rogue Leader III
Mario Party 4
Timesplitters 2
Pikmin
XIII

To name a few
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 10:38   #5
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Mario Kart is fun to play but too short, still a good game to play with friends though.
F-Zero is very fast!, quality game.

Pikmin is fun. Zelda: Windwaker is briliant.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 11:48   #6
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Animal Crossing!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 17:26   #7
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

You need a mem card btw, for the person above
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 17:33   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

You must own Mario Kart.

Paper Mario and Resident Evil 4 are also good.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 17:35   #9
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

I like mario golf. and mario kart is cool. I think the golf game would work better for the wii though.
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 20:52   #10
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Thanks all Some good suggestions of things to look for.

lauzjp, think you're right about golf on the Wii.. already the golf in Wii Sports is great (just not enough holes to play). I'm really looking forward to Tiger Woods on the Wii, or maybe Leaderboard. Both should be great.
Old 19-01-2007, 19:22   #11
Logan
Inactive

Services: Sky+ NTL 10mb
Logan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Logan

Another 'quirky' golf game for the Wii incase anyone is interested:

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/sports/su...gya/index.html
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 22:02   #12
pooper
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb
pooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of light

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Resident Evil 4 (BEST GAME EVARRRRRR!)
007: Everything Or Nothing
Metroid Prime + Metroid Prime 2 (Awesome games)

I would also suggest Donkey Konga 1+2 but you'll need Bongos for those
pooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 00:42   #13
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper View Post
I would also suggest Donkey Konga 1+2 but you'll need Bongos for those
Already working on that one, mate.

Talking of which, would you recommend the European or American versions? The line-up of the European one seems better overall, but there's a couple of songs on the American ones which should've been on the European ones.
Old 20-01-2007, 14:23   #14
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Went in to Gamestation in Swindon today and they had Donkey Konga 1 in the 2nd hand GC aisle. I asked the guy behind the counter if they had the bongos for sale as well, and he said they don't normally but someone had traded some in this morning and I could have them for free with the game. Then he even found a Donkey Konga backpack they'd traded as well - unused still with the tags on it - and threw that in too! So I got the game, bongos and backpack for £13
Old 20-01-2007, 21:17   #15
pooper
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb
pooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of light

Nice deal you got there

Only gripe i have with the games is the fact that they don't have the proper licensed tunes.. but they don't sound toooo far from the originals i suppose.
pooper is offline   Reply With Quote