Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cant belive what sky has done to me!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cant belive what sky has done to me!

Old 13-03-2009, 08:56   #1
theslasher
Inactive

theslasher is an unknown quantity at this point
Cant belive what sky has done to me!

I have been with virgin for 8 years decided to go to sky for the hd.
Had the box fitted on the 15th Feb yes nice shinny new hd.
To cut a long story short yesterday the pause would not work said i needed to subscribe to sky+ what i thought,phoned tech support only to hear my accounnt had been closed had i breached my contract by using my sky card abroad???????????
I have not been abroad nor has my cards i have a hard drive full of recored stuff.
I spoke to cs who could not understand it and if sky has the tech to check its beign used abroad cant they see its still beign used in the uk???
So now i have had to send emails to sky yo get it resolved i thought in the uk your inocent till proven guilty.
Btw sky did not even contact me about this just cut me off where do i stand?
1 very new enoyed skyhd customer.(((((
theslasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2009, 09:54   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Cant belive what sky has done to me.!!!

You need to get back on their case and keep getting back on theor case the gsqueaky wheel gets the grease

01506 421722

This number were taken from saynoto0870 if it works they mean you will be charged local rate only so feel free to hassle away
Old 13-03-2009, 12:29   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Cant belive what sky has done to me!

If you are on sky talk use the 08442 number on the sky.com help center contact us page as it will be free too. Since I doubt very much they can tell where your card has been used I would guess its a system foul up and you are due a months free viewing as compensation.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 19:26   #4
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslasher View Post
I have been with virgin for 8 years decided to go to sky for the hd.
Had the box fitted on the 15th Feb yes nice shinny new hd.
To cut a long story short yesterday the pause would not work said i needed to subscribe to sky+ what i thought,phoned tech support only to hear my accounnt had been closed had i breached my contract by using my sky card abroad???????????
I have not been abroad nor has my cards i have a hard drive full of recored stuff.
I spoke to cs who could not understand it and if sky has the tech to check its beign used abroad cant they see its still beign used in the uk???
So now i have had to send emails to sky yo get it resolved i thought in the uk your inocent till proven guilty.
Btw sky did not even contact me about this just cut me off where do i stand?
1 very new enoyed skyhd customer.(((((
Well if they have ended the contract,they are not likely to reinstate it. Better off with Virgin's V+ service especially if you was with them for 8 years! Surely they will offer you something if you returned???
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 20:04   #5
Noggo
Inactive

Services: VM XL broadband, Sky+ TV and BT phone
Noggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation era

I would take a trip over to Sky User forum. Start a new thread off and see if anyone can help you resolve the problem more quickly.
Noggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 21:24   #6
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

If they dont want his custom then they aren't obliged to keep him/her on as a customer. 3 did that to me, they said i breached the contract and they ended it, I didnt have to pay anymore money though, they would never say what I had done though which was weird.

Recently,I bought 3 pay as you go sim,plugged it in,registered my debit card and the same happened again, phoned customer services and india told me that security team had suspended my account,apparently im not allowed to use any of there services!!!! So i'm literally barred from 3!!! They keep telling me to write to there office in Glasgow, but just cant be bothered, what a waste of time!

We should bar 3 from the UK!
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 05:45   #7
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Well if they have ended the contract,they are not likely to reinstate it. Better off with Virgin's V+ service especially if you was with them for 8 years! Surely they will offer you something if you returned???
my sister was glad to get off Virgins V+ service, she had them for 12 months and on the day her contract ended she left.

The picture kept freezing, she would turn to channels and they would say she wasnt subscribed when she was, programs she would choose to record wouldnt record because of the subscription problems mentioned above would stop them and had to phone CS and in the end she had placed over 100 calls to CS in the 12 months she was with them and she was glad to go with Sky.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote