Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | upgrading stb box to v+ box on vip 50

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Need some help with connecting V+ to a second TV

Old 07-11-2010, 12:31   #1
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Need some help with connecting V+ to a second TV

Afternoon ladies and gents. I have done a search and after half an hour I have just given up as all the threads I can find on the net are for digi senders.

I can actually get away without a digisender as I have two tv's very close to each other (approx 12 feet apart) in different rooms. But I'm not sure how to wire the Samsung V+ to the second tv. Could I just buy a scart lead long enough and plug it into the back of the V+ and then into the 2nd tv? Or is there another type of wire/connection I should be using?

Sorry I'm very stupid when it comes to this stuff
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2010, 12:44   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Need some help with connecting V+ to a second TV

A long SCART lead plugged into the VCR socket on the V+ will do the job nicely (provided you don't mind a fat cable running from one room to another)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 18:14   #3
LexDiamond
Inactive

LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Thanks mate
Old 07-11-2010, 18:35   #4
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Remember that youmust use the correct scart output. If you use HDMI output for the main TV, every other output of the V+ will be disabled, except the "archive mode" scart.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 15:01   #5
LexDiamond
Inactive

Thanks Rob. You have probably saved me a lot of time!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:27   #6
LexDiamond
Inactive

I have been looking around for a scart lead long enough to do the job and so far all the ones I have found at 10m are around £30-40 which hardly seems worth it as I actually require more than 10m so it will be even more expensive plus the cost of the sky thingie (sorry don't know the technical term!) for the remote control on top will put me very close to the cost of a digi sender. So the scart option just doesn't seem worth it.

Is there any other more cost effective way of wiring the V+ to a second box? As otherwise I may well as just buy a digi sender which may become more useful to me in the future.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:42   #7
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

You won't see the EPG (TV programme info) on the remote TV if it's connected to the archiving scart output. That will make the use of any remote controller using a magic eye type system difficult to use. Remember too that the V+ will only output the one TV channel at a time, so both the main and secondary TV would have to watch the same thing.

If you use the second TV a lot then your best option would be a second V box. Alternatively it might be worht getting a freeview STB for that second TV which would enable it to be independent?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:20   #8
LexDiamond
Inactive

The second tv is rarely used (last time over a year ago). The plan was to watch tv on the second tv instead of the first so a second box or freeview stb isn't really required so I think I'm just going to give the idea a miss.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-11-2010, 13:47   #9
doggie
Inactive

doggie is an unknown quantity at this point

we have v+ box with rf feed old type box ,have cable running to kitchen tv which worked off previous boxes but will not work now as i know hdmi disables rf socket how do i enable rf output,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks in advance
doggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 14:04   #10
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

You can only enable the RF if you disable the HI definition HDMI output.
Old 12-11-2010, 14:20   #11
doggie
Inactive

doggie is an unknown quantity at this point

ok how do i do that . tecnofobic..............
doggie is offline   Reply With Quote