Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | More price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

More price rises

Old 07-10-2016, 21:28   #391
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: More price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
I specifically asked if I would remain on 70. He said yes and wrote notes on my file. I shall wait and see
they told my wife £62 for 6 months then £65 for the last 6 months on the phone.

But in the contract it was 60.99 for 6 months then £69.99 for 6 months so what is said and what you get are 2 different things
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2016, 00:57   #392
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Thanks telegramsam
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:09   #393
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who is still considering their options in relation to the VM price rise, full Sky package with SkyQ, Sports and Movies from £30 per month via MSE (link below, scroll down to Sky section)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...ky-cheap-cable
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 15:35   #394
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

I logged into my VM account and bottom right there is now a Chat with Agent box - I clicked on that, told the agent I wanted to leave due to the price increase, they immediately came back with a discount to wipe out the rise. I could probably have gone for more by submitting my notice, but that is sorted for now (hopefully) without changing any of my set-up and wiped out the rise.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 20:56   #395
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

I've phoned a few times to reduce my bill but it seems that Virgin are not giving any deals,been with them since the Blueyonder days but loyalty doesn't mean anything these
Days
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 23:21   #396
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
I logged into my VM account and bottom right there is now a Chat with Agent box - I clicked on that, told the agent I wanted to leave due to the price increase, they immediately came back with a discount to wipe out the rise. I could probably have gone for more by submitting my notice, but that is sorted for now (hopefully) without changing any of my set-up and wiped out the rise.
Well listen watch with the live chat as I had issues with that, they messed up badly. In retentions they do treat me fair

200 my broadband
2 1tb tivo
Full house tv
Sky sports and movies all in HD
Talk more anytime
200 minutes to any 08 number like 0844,0871
Line rental

£95
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 17:36   #397
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Anyone who is still considering their options in relation to the VM price rise, full Sky package with SkyQ, Sports and Movies from £30 per month via MSE (link below, scroll down to Sky section)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...ky-cheap-cable
That is a good deal but total overkill in my household.

I'm interested to see what happens when the original subscribers to Sky Q near the end of their initial contract.
You don't own the box so they could say it's full price now or offer a very small discount, like it or lump it.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 17:46   #398
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I'm interested to see what happens when the original subscribers to Sky Q near the end of their initial contract.
You don't own the box so they could say it's full price now or offer a very small discount, like it or lump it.
That's exactly Sky's rationale for such deals, lose money for the first 12 months but make up for it in the following years. The barriers to substituting to a free TV service are now a lot higher as:
1) Sky own the equipment so will want it back; you can't just keep the box to receive FTA channels.
2) The fittings are Sky Q dedicated so you can't just buy a Freesat box and swap it for a Sky Q box.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 17:58   #399
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

We just had this months bill and it includes a 60p reduction in our loyalty discount that ends mid next month and says the bill is 45.53, but under that it says the balance to pay is 56.83, that extra money is not itemized but seems to count the £6 loyalty discount ending and the £3.49 price rise + even more with no explanations.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 21:54   #400
Dave_Gosport
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD TV, Box Sets with Sky Cinema & Sports HD, Sky Broadband Unlimited and Sky Talk Anytime Extra
Dave_Gosport is an unknown quantity at this point

I've now moved to Sky due to the price rises. I managed to get the 70% off Sky Box Sets offer back in September and had the install today.

So far, So good!

My only question is: When is the best time to cancel the direct debit to VM as I had the phone line switched over to Sky today as well as I'm keeping the same landline number I had with Virgin.
Dave_Gosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 22:07   #401
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
That's exactly Sky's rationale for such deals, lose money for the first 12 months but make up for it in the following years. The barriers to substituting to a free TV service are now a lot higher as:
1) Sky own the equipment so will want it back; you can't just keep the box to receive FTA channels.
2) The fittings are Sky Q dedicated so you can't just buy a Freesat box and swap it for a Sky Q box.
I thought they offered a"hybrid" LNB if you also had/have a Freesat box?
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 22:32   #402
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
If you believe that Andrew you clearly don't have a grasp of the current pay TV market , these companies are having to do everything in their power to hold onto people. It's all very well everyone saying after the first year they won't offer anything but in the current climate I wouldn't bet on that. You think people are going to go from paying £35 to over £100 with BB and phone ? People are still free to leave go elsewhere for a year and comeback on a new customer deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
I thought they offered a"hybrid" LNB if you also had/have a Freesat box?
They do.

Last edited by muppetman11; 17-10-2016 at 22:36.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 11:46   #403
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

My new deal

Full House Bundle

Talk More Anytime
Free Voicemail
Full House TV (XL)
TiVo Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
VIVID 300 Optical Fibre

Bundle charges total £82.50

Promotional offer(s)
Full House TV (XL) Discount
Loyalty Discount £9 per month for 18 months (From today)
Flexible Discount £5 (6 month)
Netflix 6 months free
Promotional offer(s) total £17.00CR

Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental
Phone line rental total £17.99

New monthly package total* £83.49 It will rise to £86.49 on february & again on april to £91.49

-----------------------------------------------------------
Old deal

Big Kahuna Bundle

Talk More Anytime
Free Voicemail
Full House TV (XL)
Additional V Box
V HD Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
VIVID 200 Optical Gaming

Bundle charges total £85.99

Promotional offer(s)

3 off for 6 months
Loyalty Discount £9 per month for 18 months
Promotional offer(s) total £12.00CR

Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental
Old monthly package total* £91.98

Last edited by Martin_D; 19-10-2016 at 12:37.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 18:20   #404
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Finally called up last night re the next price increase, my plan before the call was to ditch sky sports to keep my bill within what I consider my limit

Got though to retentions very quickly about this time last night, just said that my current bill was too high and that I'd be struggling with another rise

After being on hold for a couple of minutes I was offered virtually the same package with bb going back from 100 to 200 with a very hefty discount for the first 9 months of a new 12 month contract

A happy customer once again, well done vm
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 11:23   #405
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
My new deal

Full House Bundle

Talk More Anytime
Free Voicemail
Full House TV (XL)
TiVo Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
VIVID 300 Optical Fibre

Bundle charges total £82.50

Promotional offer(s)
Full House TV (XL) Discount
Loyalty Discount £9 per month for 18 months (From today)
Flexible Discount £5 (6 month)
Netflix 6 months free
Promotional offer(s) total £17.00CR

Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental

New monthly package total* £83.49 It will rise to £86.49 on february & again on april to £91.49

-----------------------------------------------------------
Old deal

Big Kahuna Bundle

Talk More Anytime
Free Voicemail
Full House TV (XL)
Additional V Box
V HD Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
VIVID 200 Optical Gaming

Bundle charges total £85.99

Promotional offer(s)

3 off for 6 months
Loyalty Discount £9 per month for 18 months
Promotional offer(s) total £12.00CR

Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental
Old monthly package total* £91.98
So from April next year you'll only be 49p a month better off??
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote