Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Anywhere Android App

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV Anywhere Android App

Old 14-11-2013, 00:03   #1
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one
TV Anywhere Android App

Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to discuss the imminent (lol) arrival of the long awaited android app for TV Anywhere.

In the coming soon thread, a link was put up to a PDF document which has since been removed.

http://store.virginmedia.com/content...id_devices.pdf

It contained a list of supported devices as below -

Phones
------

HTC Desire X
HTC One V
HTC One Google
(LG) Nexus 4 Google
(LG) Nexus 5 (tbc)
Motorola RAZR I
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Samsung Galaxy Fame S
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
Samsung Mega
Samsung Note 3
Sony Xperia U
Sony Xperia L
Sony Xperia SP
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z1 (new)
ZTE BLADE III ZTE Blade V

Tablets
-------

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" (tbc)
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (tbc)
Google Nexus 7
Google Nexus 10
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi + 3G
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0
Sony Xperia Tablet Z

*thanks to DJ Wayne for the link and Zantaros for the liat of devices.

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Rumours of the 18th being said by some, I have heard before the end of this month.

Either way it's long overdue and look forward to having it here.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2013, 00:07   #2
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: TV Anywhere Android App

Can this app stream over 3G or is it just wifi?
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 00:15   #3
paultrademark
Inactive

paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Just wifi if it is same as the iOS app am afraid :-(
Old 14-11-2013, 00:17   #4
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Can this app stream over 3G or is it just wifi?
The iOS/Apple version doesn't allow 3G/4G streaming so may find the android is wifi only too.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 00:29   #5
paultrademark
Inactive

I would hope this is something they will work on and bring out as more and more of the UK get 4G.
Old 14-11-2013, 03:39   #6
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
I would hope this is something they will work on and bring out as more and more of the UK get 4G.
If it's the same as the ios app then the wifi is only needed for the device (mobile / tablet) to become a superior remote control of your TiVo box. In "away mode" (not connected to you home network) and over 3g / 4g the app will still be able stream live TV, delete, reprioritize, and set up recordings. you'll find that not all the channels are available to stream though.
dwarfofpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 03:46   #7
paultrademark
Inactive

So it does stream over 3G when out the home then? I was under the impression it was wifi only.
Old 14-11-2013, 04:18   #8
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

I've only got ios devices and my ipad streams fine over 4g. You have to register your devices in My Virgin Media and currently only two devices allowed with only one able to stream.
dwarfofpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 05:39   #9
paultrademark
Inactive

Hmm not convinced but take your word for it. The VM site says

Quote:
Live streaming and On Demand available in UK with broadband or WiFi internet access only
Old 14-11-2013, 07:14   #10
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
So it does stream over 3G when out the home then? I was under the impression it was wifi only.
If it doesn't its a complete waste of time
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 08:07   #11
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

My post from the coming soon thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
My HTC one apparently isn't supported! Unbelievable, surely not only the Google edition is supported? I'll have to hope the tbc Kindle Fire HD is c'd then!
Old 14-11-2013, 11:49   #12
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
If it doesn't its a complete waste of time
My thoughts exactly
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 11:52   #13
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe someone with an Iphone could switch to mobile data and stream something and post a screen grab, I'd do it but I have no data left.
martin201002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 12:03   #14
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Quote:
My HTC one apparently isn't supported! Unbelievable, surely not only the Google edition is supported? I'll have to hope the tbc Kindle Fire HD is c'd then!
Pretty sure if the Desire X is supported the older HTC One versions will be OK.

Well, they better be!!
Mad Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 12:10   #15
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:

I know it's off topic, but Andy_m, but have you received Android 4.3 or HTC Sense 5.5 upgrade for the HTC One? If so, what network you on? I have a HTC One too and I am on Orange and still not had it yet.

Back on topic -

I will be astonished if TV anywhere does not work on the HTC One, VM will receive a strongly worded e-mail if not. If the HTC One V can handle it, surely its far superior model would be able to?
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote