Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Boxing 2012

Old 27-06-2012, 10:14   #106
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Boxing 2012

http://www.irish-boxing.com/2012/04/

Dean Byrne v Terry Holmes???
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 16:15   #107
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18801543

Cant wait for this grudge match, Not many are fans of both but it's stupid for Chisora taking this match and it's even stupider to run around thinking he's actually good at what he does. He claims he'll knock Haye out.. Give me a break I wonder if he's actually sat down and taken a long look at David Haye's wins because only two of them have went the distance. The guy is a knockout machine and when it comes to Chisora it's just waiting to happen.

Haye by KO.

Khan vs Garcia, Don't believe all the hype the same way we bought into Carl Froch as an underdog, this guy is the same, Champion of fighting unknown trash, Khan will make a joke out of him.

Khan via TKO
Old 14-07-2012, 18:54   #108
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

for those of you that don't know of channels. I didn't realise Hayes fight was on boxnation...

Quote:
Haye vs Chisora, from 7pm - BoxNation

Khan vs Garcia, from 2am - SkySports1
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 22:40   #109
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Chisora humbled
Old 14-07-2012, 22:40   #110
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Prediction was spot on, Strong message sent to Vitali tonight, Don't be surprised to see Vitali take a typical crap fight and fob Haye off. Fact is Haye keeps banging on the door.

12 rounds we seen Vitali and Chisora prove nothing. Haye just destroyed Chisora.
Old 14-07-2012, 22:47   #111
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Problem is Vitali would be an entirely different fight.
Chisora wanted to fight. The Klitschkos have shown time and time again they don't really want to fight, and are happy plodding around the ring jabbing their way to the final bell.
Haye fights best against someone who will throw a few punches and leave him an opportunity.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 22:55   #112
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Which is why Haye has to go in with nothing to lose and just throw those punches constantly.

I dont think we will see Vitali for a while and I dont think he'll take the fight.
Old 14-07-2012, 23:00   #113
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Which is why Haye has to go in with nothing to lose and just throw those punches constantly.
You can't against someone with that big a size advantage on you.
Your speed counts for nothing when you have that much extra distance to cover, he'll end up coming in onto a jab constantly.

He'd need to sucker Vitali into a fight, leave himself open, tempt Vitali to throw a few punches to give himself an opening. If he just tried to rush at him throwing punches he'd end up losing 99 times out of 100.
Old 14-07-2012, 23:01   #114
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Was it a good fight? I don't like either of the 2, but had hoped Haye would have beaten Chisora. Now all I need is for Amir to win tonight and I'm happy. Got it on to record, so hopefully I will manage to avoid the result until watching tomorrow afternoon.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 23:18   #115
TheDon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Was it a good fight? I don't like either of the 2, but had hoped Haye would have beaten Chisora. Now all I need is for Amir to win tonight and I'm happy. Got it on to record, so hopefully I will manage to avoid the result until watching tomorrow afternoon.
It was probably one of the best heavyweight fights of recent years, although that's not really saying much.

Definitely worth a watch if you can get hold of it. The last round was a thing of beauty from Haye.
Old 14-07-2012, 23:28   #116
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Thanks, will try and get a copy somewhere.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 12:55   #117
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18801543

Khan will make a joke out of him.

Khan via TKO
Its seems Knan is the one who is the joke after losing in round 4.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18846137
Old 15-07-2012, 13:25   #118
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I think Khan should retire before he seriously gets hurt. He took masive punches last night and was all over the place. I don't think he can handle the "top level". I like Khan and have watched all of his fights, including the Olympics in 2004. He's going the same way as Enzo Maccarinnelli
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 14:01   #119
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I think Khan should retire before he seriously gets hurt. He took masive punches last night and was all over the place. I don't think he can handle the "top level". I like Khan and have watched all of his fights, including the Olympics in 2004. He's going the same way as Enzo Maccarinnelli
He is a bit like Haye where it is all talk but not much substance.
Old 15-07-2012, 14:34   #120
thenry
Inactive

nasty blow totally fecked him. Garcia done well to stay in the fight and even counter punched then found his reward for sticking in there.

was it a lucky shot or does Khan lack self control in the sense of protecting himself. i understand he was on the front foot and all but be a little more cautious ?