Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Old 29-11-2008, 08:47   #121
XFS03

Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem
Re: Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyg01 View Post
That links to a quote in a forum, which a poster later pointed out was from a Techwatch article dated 8th April.

It looked like a current article, as there were indeed 2 keyrolls yesterday.

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2008/04/0...s-cable-boxes/

Advertisement
Old 29-11-2008, 18:24   #122
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

had it on good authority that a fix has already been worked out for the D-boxes reminds me of my teachers report from primary school 'must try harder'
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 19:51   #123
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Angry Re: Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Anyone with these "dodgy" boxes are theives, pure and simple... It doesn't matter if people think the packages are expensive from VM, so they get want them "free" instead... these are the same people who think it's ok to steal MP3's on the net and kick up a fuss when VM/record co's write to them with a warning!

Theft is theft! These people are common thieves!

I hope VM keep up with these attacks on these boxes!
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 20:56   #124
funcard_4
Inactive

funcard_4 will become famous soon enoughfuncard_4 will become famous soon enoughfuncard_4 will become famous soon enough

well guys I had some good news yesterday, I've been offred a job in switzerland with the Kudelski group as a encryption support analysis, i'll be playing a part in developing future version of nagra vision smartcards used in todays digital world, and yes that includes VM smartcards.

I'll tell you all about it soon.
funcard_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 21:29   #125
fugazi
Inactive

fugazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Anyone with these "dodgy" boxes are theives, pure and simple... It doesn't matter if people think the packages are expensive from VM, so they get want them "free" instead... these are the same people who think it's ok to steal MP3's on the net and kick up a fuss when VM/record co's write to them with a warning!

Theft is theft! These people are common theives!

I hope VM keep up with these attacks on these boxes!

Thees so called 'theives' are of more use to VM staff than what you think!

The fact that you think they are Just theives highlights your ignorance in this particular situation.
fugazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 21:40   #126
sprattgraham
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP
sprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by funcard_4 View Post
well guys I had some good news yesterday, I've been offred a job in switzerland with the Kudelski group as a encryption support analysis, i'll be playing a part in developing future version of nagra vision smartcards used in todays digital world, and yes that includes VM smartcards.

I'll tell you all about it soon.
If thats true it's a bit silly telling us that, wouldn't be that hard for the Kudelski group to work out who posted it based on the info you gave us.
sprattgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 21:44   #127
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi View Post

The fact that you think they are Just theives highlights your ignorance in this particular situation.
theft is theft mate... and I am not ignorant to this situation at all, thanks. What makes you think these thieves are helpful to Virgin Media?

This kind of theft was one of the reasons for ONdigitals (later ITVdigital) demise... how can a load of people not paying a subscription possibly benefit VM?
Old 29-11-2008, 22:15   #128
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:

Well how about educating us then? I would love to know just how they are so useful to VM...
Old 29-11-2008, 22:22   #129
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Well how about educating us then? I would love to know just how they are so useful to VM...
Me too
Old 29-11-2008, 22:31   #130
fugazi
Inactive

fugazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Some things are best left unsaid - in this case anyway!

i can't be too specific, but don't assume they are all theives.
fugazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 22:47   #131
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:

Then you can't back up your claim, so don't attack anyone who calls them thieves. thanks.
Old 29-11-2008, 22:57   #132
zing_deleted

Quote:

I have to say you are right. I am sure most of them are not just thieves some may be fathers ,coal miners ,bankers ,jockeys policement, possibly even mp's and loads of other things but if they watch cable on dodgy boxes they are also thieves

please feel free to read the definition of a thief you may well learn something

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ition&ct=title
Old 29-11-2008, 23:02   #133
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:

Are you saying that they are VM employees working undercover?
Old 29-11-2008, 23:03   #134
Enuff

If it's there for the taking, it will be taken.
Old 30-11-2008, 00:08   #135
funcard_4
Inactive

funcard_4 will become famous soon enoughfuncard_4 will become famous soon enoughfuncard_4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Good point Fugazi raised, VM can also learn a thing or two from ppl doing this sort of things, I know quite a few ways how vm can secure there existing system, but it's all about money.

I don;t class this as theiving, if something is in your house in this case a cable connection you got the right to do what ever you want regardless.

A theif is someone who breaks into your own house, steals things and then batty rapes you.
funcard_4 is offline   Reply With Quote