Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:04   #811
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
The spotty guy at the car boot sale that sells boxes with software on a disk will hack it in no time, hopefully spotty guy wont and we all get better service

Please tell me this includes knocking modems off, theres loads around here and they must be downloading NASA database
One would hope so as they are a bigger threat to the network than a dodgy box ever was or will be.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2010, 08:15   #812
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

If it doesnt then I think a few phone calls are in order, the leeches are stealing mine and others bandwidth in the area, I dont mind being a grass when its me they are stealing from.
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:16   #813
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
If it doesnt then I think a few phone calls are in order, the leeches are stealing mine and others bandwidth in the area, I dont mind being a grass when its me they are stealing from.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:26   #814
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Guys, what the number to call? Was looking for it the other day but couldn't find it and it's always handy to have..

Will probably update the very first post with it as well
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:16   #815
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/tv-fraud.php

Who do I speak to if I have information about somebody selling fraudulent set-top boxes?
Call the Virgin Media fraud confidential hotline on 0800 096 7800

Should apply to any situation though including reporting people using them
Old 03-04-2010, 09:24   #816
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

ThanX Ben
Old 19-09-2010, 01:58   #817
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Looking for an answer on this. Is the roll-out complete yet because Ive been seeing numerous dody boxes in Norwich still working. Is this the first signs of a crack or have they not been hit by Nagra 3 yet?
Old 19-09-2010, 08:24   #818
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Looking for an answer on this. Is the roll-out complete yet because Ive been seeing numerous dody boxes in Norwich still working. Is this the first signs of a crack or have they not been hit by Nagra 3 yet?
No its not complete and no its not been cracked. Also you post on the forums where the hackers post with the same name as you use here so why not ask them.
Quote:
simple fact of the matter is this.
once your area goes over to nagra 3 and the older revisions are swiched off any box other than a payed for sub will cease to decode channels other than the terrestrial 1 to 5.
this includes after market boxes such as ################ / ################## and########. it also includes modded original boxes and all cards from moscs to fun cards.

untill nagra 3 is hacked this will not change. and for the record nagra 3 has been in operation on the european satellite networks for over 3 years so just because it's come to uk cable dont expect a over night solution.

any more threads opened asking the questions answered here will be closed and infractions will ensue.

Old 19-09-2010, 08:24   #819
Kymmy
Inactive

The answer will be in the smart card thread for the rollout details
Old 19-09-2010, 18:43   #820
graf
Inactive

Services: XL tv L Broadband L Phone
graf is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife tells me that somone she works with - normal quote "why whould i pay for something i can get for free?", has had thier box cease to work he is very miffed that all can see now are channels 1-5. Shame that :P
graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 18:58   #821
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by graf View Post
Wife tells me that somone she works with - normal quote "why whould i pay for something i can get for free?", has had thier box cease to work he is very miffed that all can see now are channels 1-5. Shame that :P
There will be a lot of this going on...........

Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 19:05   #822
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

What gets me is when I overhear them cursing Richard Branson for having had the nerve to have deprived them of their premium TV channels and how they are paying him back by going to Sky. I wish I had the nerve to discuss the issue with them but I'm a coward and they can run faster than me so there's no safe escape route.
Old 19-09-2010, 19:12   #823
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
What gets me is when I overhear them cursing Richard Branson for having had the nerve to have deprived them of their premium TV channels and how they are paying him back by going to Sky. I wish I had the nerve to discuss the issue with them but I'm a coward and they can run faster than me so there's no safe escape route.
The good news Jo, is that new higher tier subs from previous "basic" accounts have been very good from what I hear.

We may have lost a few, but over-all it's going well.... VM have drawn a line in the sand with previous free-loaders, but they are very serious about any future theft.

Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 19:57   #824
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
The good news Jo, is that new higher tier subs from previous "basic" accounts have been very good from what I hear.

We may have lost a few, but over-all it's going well.... VM have drawn a line in the sand with previous free-loaders, but they are very serious about any future theft.

So are you telling me that Virgin Media will be going after those that are now buying card sharing equipment? I hope so but not until they have all bought their new kit.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 20:00   #825
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
So are you telling me that Virgin Media will be going after those that are now buying card sharing equipment? I hope so but not until they have all bought their new kit.