Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 2

Old 03-12-2012, 13:58   #166
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads
Re: Superhub 2

To dim an LED the current to the lamp must be decreased, however it's done.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2012, 14:05   #167
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

As heero_yuy already said, same current, less time is the most common and cheapest way of doing it.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Frippery in the VM firmware sense.
They thought it important enough to put an entirely useless glowing logo on the front that can change colour according to the modem's mood...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 14:27   #168
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

As I said - frippery.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 15:14   #169
raging bull
cf.geek

raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

SHub 2 related question on customers on lowly speeds?
(I am sure I saw a notice of intention to raise the minimum speed from 30Mb to 40Mb)
The page has now disappeared from the Virgin website, what I do recall was that this increase in speed was to be over 18month period.
This would interest both me and my eldest daughter who are on lowly 20Mb, but are not intending to suffer from the probs with the existing S Hub so would wait for the S Hub 2 to be introduced.
Old 03-12-2012, 15:24   #170
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

theres no 40meg on cable. i think you may of got confused with VM national (40gb data allowance). all 20meg customers and those on speeds below 20meg will get 30meg. the SH1 is fine. if you have any problems you can put it into modem mode linking your own choice of router.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 15:34   #171
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
theres no 40meg on cable. i think you may of got confused with VM national (40gb data allowance). all 20meg customers and those on speeds below 20meg will get 30meg. the SH1 is fine. if you have any problems you can put it into modem mode linking your own choice of router.
20Mbit customers are going to 60Mbit
Old 03-12-2012, 15:37   #172
raging bull
cf.geek

That's what I said in an earlier post Ben!
Could you please provide a link for 20Mb to 60Mb increase.
Old 03-12-2012, 15:45   #173
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

No, there was never any increase from 30 to 40. 30 was being increased to 60 (and so was 20).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
That's what I said in an earlier post Ben!
Could you please provide a link for 20Mb to 60Mb increase.
http://doublespeed.virginmedia.com/details.html
Old 03-12-2012, 15:55   #174
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ds/td-p/958421

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
20Mbit customers are going to 60Mbit
so they are. thats some double right there!
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 18:26   #175
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
SHub 2 related question on customers on lowly speeds?
(I am sure I saw a notice of intention to raise the minimum speed from 30Mb to 40Mb)
The page has now disappeared from the Virgin website, what I do recall was that this increase in speed was to be over 18month period.
This would interest both me and my eldest daughter who are on lowly 20Mb, but are not intending to suffer from the probs with the existing S Hub so would wait for the S Hub 2 to be introduced.
the speed you get has got nothing to do with which router you use dude. Shub1 is good for 400mbits so getting shub2 isnt going to make any difference. If/when you do upgraded to 30mbit (which is what is going to happen and not 40) they will send you a shub because you need a docsis 3 capable device.

Talking about speeds though. Does anyone know/care to speculate how many channels shub2 can use and what the maximum throughput is going to be? Do we think it is a 16 channel modem?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 19:53   #176
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

The latest Netgear jobbie is the CGDT3700. That is 8/4.

No reason to suppose the VM branded CG4000TD will be any different.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 20:55   #177
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
8 Channels Bonn din down 4 / uplink Analog cable modem
CG4000TD
Netgear Japan Co., Ltd
Old 16-03-2013, 20:48   #178
bronyman
Inactive

bronyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Superhub 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
What features would you like to see in the next superhub?
i have intel on the super hub 2 images and specs
bronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:04   #179
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

which super hub 2 images?
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 12:17   #180
Exorcist74
Inactive

Services: 60Mb cable and basic package
Exorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enough

I thought the Superhub 2 was a replacement for the wireless system which is crapp !!!
Exorcist74 is offline   Reply With Quote