Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Copying from V+HD to VCR problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Has 2011 been the best TV year for Virgin so far?
View Poll Results: Has 2011 been Virgins best for TV?
Yes 42 68.85%
No 11 18.03%
Not sure 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011, 19:33   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Has 2011 been the best TV year for Virgin so far?

Simple vote really, do you think this has been the best year for Virgin and their TV platform ever?

So what have virgin delivered in 2011?

1. TiVo - The best PVR on the market by far. Still a few tweaks required but no other cable or satellite provider has anything that's like it or can touch it.

2. Red Button on SKY Sports - It finally arrived. Saturday nights for football fans will never be the same again due to Match Choice.

3. SKY Anytime - thousands of hours of films, shows, sport and news added free of charge without the need of an internet connection.

4. Spotify - Spotify arrives via TV through Virgins its cutting edge ‘connected’ TV service powered by TiVo. Music fans go mental!

5. 7 New HD Channels - Eden HD, Dave HD, Watch HD, Good Food HD, SKY Arts 1 HD, SKY Arts 2HD, SKY Movies Classics HD

6. 6 New SD Channels - BBC Alba, True Entertainment, PBS UK, BoxNation, Colors

7. 3 New +1 Channels - ITV+1, Eden+1, Yesterday+1

8. 3 New Channels Confirmed In December - NDTV, Sony TV, CBS Action

9. On Demand - ESPN, ESPN Classic and Aardman Animations

I'm sure there will be more too such as the deal with Eurosport for exclusive 3D content from the French Open Tennis, plus 3D content from Discovery.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2011, 19:44   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Has 2011 been the best TV year for Virgin so far?

You forgot remote record as well Chad something VM customers had been asking about for a while.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 20:01   #3
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

For me, TiVo is the best thing on Virgin Media and it's just the beginning of a connected tv world!

Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 06:38   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes it most definitely has on many fronts especially with the arrival of Tivo and lets hope 2012 is just as good.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:09   #5
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

why have 3 people voted no? After everything they have done in 2011, god some people. Just goes to show you cant please everyone
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 08:13   #6
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Yes. I think Virgin have done everything in there power to improve there TV platform this year, some excellent editions. Maybe some people think last year was better when they got the Sky HD Channels, your question does say best ever.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 09:17   #7
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

2011 has been a good year for Virgin TV, but they need to better for 2012 (which I hope they will)
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:12   #8
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

2011 has been the first year I've felt that VM actually have a technical strategy for their TV platform, rather than just picking up cheap kit from US manufacturers and putting it in a slightly more aesthetically pleasing box. I'd love to see the roadmap for 2012 to address some of the elephants in the room (TiVo EPG quality, running two EPG platforms, TiVo on V HD box etc) but I actually get the impression somebody has a vision and is driving it.

As far as content is concerned, part of me misses TW's desire to be a content provider and there's still nothing quite like Bravo on TV but I accept that this simply wasn't part of VM's core business and it raised a few quid.

Onwards and upwards for 2012!
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:21   #9
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

For me personally last year was better as we had more major HD channels added. I have no interest in TiVo so that is why I voted no to it being VM best TV year so far.
I look forward to more HD content being added next year.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 13:59   #10
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
For me personally last year was better as we had more major HD channels added. I have no interest in TiVo so that is why I voted no to it being VM best TV year so far.
I look forward to more HD content being added next year.
I agree last year was better with the HD channels. TIVO has good potential, and will get better next year when things like multi room streaming get enabled. I'm hoping 2012 will be THE best year!
kgollop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 14:44   #11
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Yep great year!

Next year could be awesome 1.5tb TiVO, Sky Sports News HD, Sky Sports 3&4 HD, Sky Atlantic HD, Disney Cine HD, ITV 2,3,4 HD, BoxNation HD.

New features for the TiVO box watching your recordings on either TiVO box, reminders etc.
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 14:46   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
Yep great year!

Next year could be awesome 1.5tb TiVO, Sky Sports News HD, Sky Sports 3&4 HD, Sky Atlantic HD, Disney Cine HD, ITV 2,3,4 HD.

New features for the TiVO box watching your recordings on either TiVO box, reminders etc.
Yes all those would be very nice indeed but l have to say that Virgin have had a fine 2011 and given Sky plenty to worry or ponder about.
Old 13-12-2011, 14:50   #13
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

For me it's all about the HD channels I do not want to watch programs in SD anymore.
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 14:53   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
For me it's all about the HD channels I do not want to watch programs in SD anymore.
Yes l have to admit its lovely watching it in sparkling HD.
Old 13-12-2011, 15:09   #15
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I still have Virgin in one room as I got Freesat in to save me some money. But This weather has moved my dish & I have to wait till next Monday for a call out to fix it. If it means every time we have a storm we lose our TV, I will be going back to Virgin full time.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote