Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 2

Old 02-12-2012, 08:16   #136
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Superhub 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's not unprecedented. When the VMNG300 was released it was kept for the tiers that needed it only - the other tiers continued with the older D2 modems
The VMNG300 was already outdated at release hence the Superhub was rushed out, the reason it was outdated was before release they decided that to go forward they wanted kit with up to 8 downstreams which the VMNG300 was not capable of providing, you do wonder what kind of people are involved in the planning of this kind of fiasco.

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

Quote:
To be honest I have no idea what the plan is, but as I have no idea, I'm not making assumptions
do have a idea of what the future holds but cannot post it here, as it is all post leaving the company and could get certain people in trouble which is why I find some posters ideas amusing, not yours by the way as you are being honest.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2012, 08:24   #137
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

the d2 hub was the most pointless thing ever made, it was obsolete at launch
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:21   #138
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
It was a joke that quickly disappeared but sadly replaced by the Superhub.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:00   #139
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
It served the purpose it was introduced for though
Old 02-12-2012, 11:06   #140
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
It served the purpose it was introduced for though
As one of the crappiest modems ever supplied, even a Tailfin was more reliable.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:56   #141
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

, forward thinking would have been to spend a few pounds more on a docsis3 kit for everyone. Im revisiting customers with d2 hubs to upgrade them to superhubs, the cost to virgin of my visit is more than the hubs themselves.

they would be reaping the benefits now with folk that can be upgraded with a click of a button
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:57   #142
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

VM should make up with dlink and give out 615's to bottom 2 tiers and 825's to top tier.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 13:07   #143
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
VM should make up with dlink and give out 615's to bottom 2 tiers and 825's to top tier.
Except they are routers, and VM now do combined devices
Old 02-12-2012, 14:34   #144
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I find it strange that they are still going down that one way street with no exit in site, you cannot polish manure especially while its still fresh.
Old 02-12-2012, 17:51   #145
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
and you cant figure out that obviously means stop doing combined devices?

the dir615 is probably the best router I have ever got from an isp although granted its because it just happens to be a ddwrt supported router.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 18:00   #146
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
and you cant figure out that obviously means stop doing combined devices?
Yes, but that isn't going to happen
Old 02-12-2012, 18:09   #147
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

and therein lies the problem. VM introduced combi devices to reduce the number of tech visits to alleged faulty lines and supposedly let tech support provide better service to customers by supporting isp-provided cpe.

The problem is that I doubt the shub has helped the matter at all because it is so flawed that VM are happy to dish them out like confetti resulting in more calls to tech support and wasted tech visits.

I really would love to see some stats on this. The cost of spending a few extra £££ on decent cpe far outweighs the millions they must be blowing away on shubs, tech support calls and engineer visits. You only need to give the customer ONE decent router which works and you save millions of hours and millions of wasted pounds which can be reinvested in better training for call centers and quality time for engineers to maintain the network infrastructure.

I don't understand what the problem is.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 21:33   #148
NickDK87
Inactive

NickDK87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Having the hub for a few days now 2 things I'd like on the new one are probably a little odd but a PSU that doesn't whistle and the lights on the hub. The lights are so bright I have to put a book in front of the hub to block the lights, it's like a disco at night when I turn of the lights.
NickDK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 21:50   #149
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

the LEDs have been sorted out by VM Nick
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 22:18   #150
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

How? In what way. TH?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote