Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky HD WITHOUT a Phone Line ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky HD WITHOUT a Phone Line ?

Old 16-07-2008, 18:04   #1
BonzoBall
Inactive

BonzoBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky HD WITHOUT a Phone Line ?

I know this question may have been asked elsewhere, but I would like the latest help and information on the phone line situation.

I currently have Sky+ with SkyWorld package

I CAN have a connected phone line for Sky HD set up purposes

I CANNOT (No Way) have a phone line connected on an ongoing basis

Is the ANY WAY that I can get Sky HD under these circumstances ?

How do other people get around this - for example people living in Spain ?

PLEASE HELP

Andy
BonzoBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2008, 19:08   #2
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Sky HD WITHOUT a Phone Line ?

You can get Sky without a phone line but ive only seen it in industry. They absolutely refused to install Sky at my house until i got a line installed.
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 20:15   #3
Losttheplot

As long as the HD box will replace the current box I believe you can pay 75quid and get away with the phone line. If you want two boxes in the same account then you HAVE to have both connected to the phone line so they know where the boxes are.
Old 16-07-2008, 20:21   #4
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

what will they do when the world moves over to voip?
i dont plan to have a phone line much longer.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 21:12   #5
djstevie
Inactive

Services: Sky HD+ Multiroom, Sky BB Unlimited, Sky Talk Unlimited.
djstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of light

If its one box only then you can pay a £25 opt out clause called a manual enablement charge.
djstevie is offline   Reply With Quote