Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky in more than one room...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky in more than one room...

Old 13-06-2008, 21:16   #1
d3moliti0n
Inactive

d3moliti0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky in more than one room...

Hey there

So we are getting Sky installed in on Monday and I was wondering, is there any way to get Sky on more than one TV but enable each TV to be watching different channels without buying the Sky multi-room thing? As I know it's possible to have Sky in another room but when someone in one room turns over the other one does aswell.

Thanks for your help and time.
d3moliti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2008, 21:28   #2
Losttheplot

Re: Sky in more than one room...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3moliti0n View Post
Hey there

So we are getting Sky installed in on Monday and I was wondering, is there any way to get Sky on more than one TV but enable each TV to be watching different channels without buying the Sky multi-room thing? As I know it's possible to have Sky in another room but when someone in one room turns over the other one does aswell.

Thanks for your help and time.
The Sky boxes only allow you to watch a single channel at a time (all boxes) so no.
Old 13-06-2008, 21:31   #3
d3moliti0n
Inactive

d3moliti0n is an unknown quantity at this point

So basically if you want to be watching more than one channel on Sky you need two subscriptions?
d3moliti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 21:46   #4
Losttheplot

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3moliti0n View Post
So basically if you want to be watching more than one channel on Sky you need two subscriptions?
Yep, hence the term 'Multiroom'.
Old 14-06-2008, 21:36   #5
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

As long as you have a dual or quad LNB on your dish, and can wire up another sky box, get hold of a Sky Freestat viewing card and away you go.

If you already have the cabling in then it's even easier.

http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/

If you don't have a spare Sky box, try ebay, I got a replacement box from ebay when mine went "pop", much cheaper than getting one from Sky
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote