Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 14:36   #766
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Thanks for all the info VM staff guys.
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 14:36   #767
cwj2008
Inactive

cwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
you will see the TiVo charge on the bill, but you should see a bigger discount on your bundle to cancel it out.

Ben is better around package pricing than me though!

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

indeed... it's also my day off, but I checked in to see how everything is going.
that is what i thought . sorry to trouble you on your day off ,
regards cwj 2008
Old 11-04-2011, 14:39   #768
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
bet your so happy your day off Df sounds like a very very busy day for VM
Yeah... rain has just stopped here, so will get outside and enjoy some sunshine in a bit

Shall I ask Herby247 for permission?

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj2008 View Post
that is what i thought . sorry to trouble you on your day off ,
regards cwj 2008
No probs mate
Old 11-04-2011, 14:39   #769
lee_mc
Inactive

Services: Cable since 199 T=L, TV=XL, BB=L, TIVO 500gb
lee_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No, the 500gb can't be pre-ordered, sorry. You will have to wait until May and that box will incur a install charge of £40. HTH
Thanks DF.

Don't mind waiting until May, and pricing wise can afford this version more than the 1tb version. For those that pre-registed but don't take up the 1tb offer, will we receive another email closer to the May launch date with regards to the 500gb Tivo? Or will it just be left to ourselves to place an order when the available? Not expecting any further special offers or anything, just an email stating the smaller Tivo can now be ordered.

Thanks again, really appreciate all the info you offer on here.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:40   #770
Rjs37
Inactive

Rjs37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
I keep reading this bit at the bottom of my email and I'm not completely clear of what they are saying:

And an extra special offer.

We don't take entertainment lightly. And if you've got a demanding family, only a hefty package of TV, broadband and calls will be big enough to keep everyone happy. As one of our top customers, we'd love to upgrade your VIP bundle. You'll get up to 50Mb broadband and enjoy our brand new TiVo box. We'll even waive the standard £3 monthly TiVo fee. You'll get Sky Movies and Sky Sports in full HD glory. Upgrading to this experience will cost £100.55 a month. The choice is yours, simply add a TiVo box for an additional £3 a month or upgrade to a new VIP experience.

is this after the purchase of a TIVO or are they offering me a VIP bundle including TIVO for £100.55/mo?
Even though I can't see if I've got the email yet (last paragraph) I'd likely have received this one. Though I've got to say they give the wrong impression with the above message. They don't seem to mention that the inclusive Sky Premium HD is only for 1 box. Unless they've changed their minds on that which I doubt.

Gonna have to do some calculations (and looking at bill) tonight to see what works out cheapest. I'm on VIP 20 (both boxes being V+) and have Sky HD Premium on both boxes but I've got a retentions deal in place which keeps it around the £100 mark.

I can't even access my emails at the moment. Whenever I try to log in through the webmail link on virgin google comes back with a server error. Overloaded or just me?
Old 11-04-2011, 14:44   #771
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I wonder how quiet it is going to get on here as everybody is going to be busy playing with their TIVO after they get it installed?
Old 11-04-2011, 14:47   #772
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

DF, I assume that a cool off period applies to this installation and 12 month contract? i.e. if you have have second thoughts after it is installed that you can cancel and go back to V+?

I would also assume that you pay the £40 in that circumstance?

I ask because unfortunately I'm waiting for a long running customer complaint to be resolved and may back out and jump ship to Sky or Freesat. But if the issue does get resolved, I don't want to have missed out on the TiVo offer.

Boz
Old 11-04-2011, 14:49   #773
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yeah... rain has just stopped here, so will get outside and enjoy some sunshine in a bit

Shall I ask Herby247 for permission? [COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1----------[/SIZE]
Giggle!
Old 11-04-2011, 14:49   #774
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
DF, I assume that a cool off period applies to this installation and 12 month contract? i.e. if you have have second thoughts after it is installed that you can cancel and go back to V+?

I would also assume that you pay the £40 in that circumstance?
As far as I know once it's installed then that's it. 28 MBG wouldn't apply as it's not a new service but an upgrade to an existing service
Old 11-04-2011, 14:49   #775
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I wonder how quiet it is going to get on here as everybody is going to be busy playing with their TIVO after they get it installed?
yes be like a library in here so so quiet lol
Old 11-04-2011, 14:50   #776
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

Just spoke to a neighbor who phoned to order .... they cant give an install date until next week and then it wont be for this month ... may not be for next month ... now thats high priority for a VIP and pre regger .. lmao

oh dear VM what a botched launch it appears for anyone who regged in Dec 2010 and orders on day 1 of launch and still could have to wait til June 2011 for install

either shortage of engineers or TiVo's or just plan over subscribed for this area or more likely very poor forward planning from VM
Old 11-04-2011, 14:52   #777
Blizzard
Inactive

Blizzard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
You kidding? It'll be ZOMG red button! ARRRHHHHH fourth tuner! GRRRR Doesn't wash my car!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 14:53   #778
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
oh dear VM what a botched launch it appears for anyone who regged in Dec 2010 and orders on day 1 of launch and still could have to wait til June 2011 for install
Considering other people on here have already said they are getting install this week, that is plainly untrue
Old 11-04-2011, 14:53   #779
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
Just spoke to a neighbor who phoned to order .... they cant give an install date until next week and then it wont be for this month ... may not be for next month ... now thats high priority for a VIP and pre regger .. lmao

either shortage of engineers or TiVo's or just plan over subscribed for this area or more likely very poor forward planning from VM
It takes more than 30 minutes to install and the are 50,000 plus preregistered customers so how many engineers do you think Virginmedia actually have.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:54   #780
Blizzard
Inactive

Blizzard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Considering other people on here have already said they are getting install this week, that is plainly untrue
I hope it is. I don't mind waiting a day or two for the email, but I'm pretty desperate for an install before the 29th April as it'll be a lot harder to arrange install after this for me. *Fingers crossed*
Closed Thread