Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollercoaster plummets to the ground at M&Ds Strathclyde Park

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

We need to talk about London.

Old 27-06-2016, 23:07   #1
RBMark

We need to talk about London.

Ok so, I live in a wealthy area on a "executive" estate. Our local is run by a Polish guy and his British wife.

We got talking about Brexit tonight and the racist attacks. He hadn't experienced any nore any of his family/friends. So we all get our phones out and start "bro scientific research" it seems London is a hot bed of vile racists!

So, what do we do about racist London?
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2016, 23:16   #2
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: We need to talk about London.

Nuke it.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 23:19   #3
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Skip uni

Create hashtags

Protest

Deface memorials

Blame Thatcher

Start a petition
Old 28-06-2016, 07:26   #4
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

ignore it ,play on our phone's and then blame the boomers .
Old 28-06-2016, 08:24   #5
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Considering London seems mostly made up of foreign people these days, are you suggesting that these people are themselves racist?
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 08:32   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

My sister lives in London and has lived there for 10 years so alas according to someone on here she must be racist too.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:49   #7
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Considering London seems mostly made up of foreign people these days, are you suggesting that these people are themselves racist?
I think it's safe to assume a minority of people from all country's the world over will have racist ideals. But it does seem that a lot of the increase in Brexit racism was being reported as happening in London.

Of course the thread title and first comment is exaggerated, all of London is not racist, all 17 million leavers are not racist.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My sister lives in London and has lived there for 10 years so alas according to someone on here she must be racist too.
For the past 2 days it seems every leave voter is racist, it's nonsense.
Old 28-06-2016, 08:54   #8
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I was born in London, wild horses wouldn't drag me there now - it's unrecognisable.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 09:09   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I was born in London, wild horses wouldn't drag me there now - it's unrecognisable.
l would not live there but its nice for us to see our sister and take in a few things up there for a few days and have some memories but that is as far as it goes.
Old 28-06-2016, 09:10   #10
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l would not live there but its nice for us to see our sister and take in a few things up there for a few days and have some memories but that is as far as it goes.

Why wouldn't you live there?
Old 28-06-2016, 09:15   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Well its too bloody expensive for the ordinary person now for starters plus most people do everything in a hurry in our capital city where down our way its a slower quieter way of life compared to London and l personally like that and there are many more things beside that.

Last edited by denphone; 28-06-2016 at 09:26.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 09:23   #12
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

why would I live there?

Where I live now, twenty minutes from the coast, thirty minutes from the Yorkshire Dales & Weardale, slower pace of life, people generally more friendly. Costs of living significantly lower. Just bought a five bed detached with double garage and massive gardens for less than it would cost for two bed terrace.
Less congestion on roads.

I'm sure there is more !
Old 28-06-2016, 10:30   #13
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
why would I live there?

Where I live now, twenty minutes from the coast, thirty minutes from the Yorkshire Dales & Weardale, slower pace of life, people generally more friendly. Costs of living significantly lower. Just bought a five bed detached with double garage and massive gardens for less than it would cost for two bed terrace.
Less congestion on roads.

I'm sure there is more !
It's swings and roundabouts.. I live in Greater London, and am a 10 minute walk from the countryside, a 20 minute drive from the M25 (OK, not much of a selling point on it's own, but I have speedy access to the motorway network if I need it) and a 40 minute train journey from the centre of London. I don't drive, so public transport is important, and even though I am on the outskirts of London, trains to London still leave every 15 minutes and buses to various places every few minutes. As for traffic, apart from rush hour and Saturday afternoon, we have none. If I want shops, I have three major shopping centres within 30 minutes on the bus (or 15 by car).

As for the racist thing, what did people expect? While I know that most people who voted leave are NOT racist (same as most Londoners are not racist), those people that ARE racist are probably assuming that 52% of the population are agreeing with them. Something I don't think is good..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 10:33   #14
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
I think you mean "vibrant"
Old 28-06-2016, 10:49   #15
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's swings and roundabouts.. I live in Greater London, and am a 10 minute walk from the countryside, a 20 minute drive from the M25 (OK, not much of a selling point on it's own, but I have speedy access to the motorway network if I need it) and a 40 minute train journey from the centre of London. I don't drive, so public transport is important, and even though I am on the outskirts of London, trains to London still leave every 15 minutes and buses to various places every few minutes. As for traffic, apart from rush hour and Saturday afternoon, we have none. If I want shops, I have three major shopping centres within 30 minutes on the bus (or 15 by car).

As for the racist thing, what did people expect? While I know that most people who voted leave are NOT racist (same as most Londoners are not racist), those people that ARE racist are probably assuming that 52% of the population are agreeing with them. Something I don't think is good..

Yes, it is of course it is swings and roundabouts....

I spend quite a lot of time in London with work and I love visiting, i love the multiculturalism BUT i couldn't live there

To be honest, comparing London with Singapore & Sen Francisco (where i also spend quite a bit of time with work) in terms of COL I think London works out cheaper.