Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TIVO screenshots

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TIVO screenshots

Old 24-02-2011, 10:40   #76
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: TIVO screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Thanks for the quick reply DF!

I tried that last night but it didn't make any difference unfortunately. Am I right in thinking that the menu speed and responses to remote control press should be lightning quick?

Remote to box should be, yeah.

Do you mean you press "home" and it does nothing and then 3-4 seconds later it goes to the Home screen?

Or it goes to the Home screen, but takes a few seconds for the Discovery Bar to load etc?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2011, 10:48   #77
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I press the Home button and it loads the red background with the black screen in the top right but takes about 3 - 4 seconds for the menu options and the discovery bar to appear. Almost like it is taking that long to draw the rest of the screen if that makes sense?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 10:57   #78
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I press the Home button and it loads the red background with the black screen in the top right but takes about 3 - 4 seconds for the menu options and the discovery bar to appear. Almost like it is taking that long to draw the rest of the screen if that makes sense?
i'll just test here....

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

my box takes 2 seconds to fully load the Home screen. How long have you been installed?
Old 24-02-2011, 11:04   #79
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

What about other remote presses. For example, if you do home and then navigate to the TV Guide and scroll down? On my box the response feels delayed.

During the install the engineer said that it may feel slow to start with but the Tivo box in their office makes the V+ look like an asmatic elephant. I don't have that feeling about it currently. But I have to say the features of Tivo are light years ahead of V+ and I am loving it to bits, just wish it was a bit quicker.
Old 24-02-2011, 11:23   #80
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
What about other remote presses. For example, if you do home and then navigate to the TV Guide and scroll down? On my box the response feels delayed.

During the install the engineer said that it may feel slow to start with but the Tivo box in their office makes the V+ look like an asmatic elephant. I don't have that feeling about it currently. But I have to say the features of Tivo are light years ahead of V+ and I am loving it to bits, just wish it was a bit quicker.
Mine is fine for things like that... page down in TV Guide is instant. See if it settles down and if you are still having issues, then post back and we'll see what can be done
Old 24-02-2011, 11:31   #81
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

It will probably settle down after a few days.
Old 24-02-2011, 11:52   #82
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Were is the TIVO series link , EPG data updated from the US or VM in the UK ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 11:55   #83
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
i'll just test here....

my box takes 2 seconds to fully load the Home screen. How long have you been installed?
Mine performs at this speed too.

Regards

John.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 11:57   #84
pythagoras
cf.addict

Noooooooooo. This box is spooky what did I say about Tool Academy!!!! And no one has watched it on the TiVo yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0550s.jpg (474.6 KB, 103 views)
Old 24-02-2011, 11:59   #85
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Noooooooooo. This box is spooky what did I say about Tool Academy!!!! And no one has watched it on the TiVo yet
ha ha ha

Your Tivo does really "get you"
Old 24-02-2011, 11:59   #86
pythagoras
cf.addict

That discovery bar is getting more and more useful as time goes on. It really does start picking stuff we like to watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0551s.jpg (473.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0552s.jpg (477.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0553s.jpg (480.5 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0554s.jpg (472.1 KB, 84 views)
Old 24-02-2011, 12:06   #87
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
That discovery bar is getting more and more useful as time goes on. It really does start picking stuff we like to watch.
Have you looked in "Browse TV" > "Pick Of The Week" yet?

I found a few programmes that sound really good.. the latest one is "Monsters Inside me" about parasites we humans pick up!

It's like a tv magazine on your TiVo
Old 24-02-2011, 12:28   #88
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Have you looked in "Browse TV" > "Pick Of The Week" yet?

I found a few programmes that sound really good.. the latest one is "Monsters Inside me" about parasites we humans pick up!

It's like a tv magazine on your TiVo
I have seen the trailers for that, but the wife wont let me watch it whilst shes here. As we are both on holiday this week, I'll have to record it.

On another note I cant access catchuo tv or ondemand get error code 6085. Waiting for second level support to ring me back.

regards

john.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:30   #89
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Quote:
i'll just test here....

I was installed on Tuesday morning. I shall give it a week or so and see how it goes. Other than the speed it is very good! Just got to let it learn what we like watching now.

I love the search and browse, especially with the movies. And the detail it gives you on the films is amazing!
Old 24-02-2011, 12:31   #90
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Were is the TIVO series link , EPG data updated from the US or VM in the UK ?
Anybody know ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote