Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just got a great offer from VM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Just got a great offer from VM

Old 31-03-2012, 17:02   #16
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all
Re: Just got a great offer from VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
I keep missing calls from VM on my mobile do you think they're trying to offer me something?
I've got TV XL, 1 VHD, TiVo 1TB, 10M BB and M Phone
Could be to give you a speed upgrade on the broadband - you haev a similar package to mine, although I have a V+ instead of the VHD
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2012, 17:06   #17
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I keep missing calls from VM on my mobile do you think they're trying to offer me something?
I have almost the same package as you (I have a Tivo 500mb) and they called me to offer me the new Premiere collection which works out £2.50 cheaper for me and increases the BB to 60mb with a free superhub.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 16:19   #18
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Are the calls on your mobile from the number 08004089340, as I have been getting calls from this number. When I have checked the number on whocalledme it says that it is from VM
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 16:26   #19
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Are the calls on your mobile from the number 08004089340, as I have been getting calls from this number. When I have checked the number on whocalledme it says that it is from VM
Are you sure Devil?,I searched this number and it was from,wanted- Viral Men.
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 17:56   #20
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
Are you sure Devil?,I searched this number and it was from,wanted- Viral Men.
I thought they were a 09 number Which you told me about
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 00:14   #21
jbrennand
Inactive

jbrennand is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed this aft just fine. 1TB Tivo up and running great - kids and missus are well impressed. V+ box now in back room running fine - good for me.
Not that impressed with the superhub though - the range/signal strength is a lot less than expected. It's a re-branded Netgear router though which probably explains it ! However it was easy to switch its wireless function off and hook up my Airport Extreme which is automatic dual frequency and has boosted the signal into the upstairs rooms where the kids connect.

The upgrade to the 100Mb service hasn't happened yet - still only getting 49.5! - he said it can take up to 24 hours while the account is closed and new one opened. So what's the normal switch over time for this ? I will call them tomorrow tea time if it hasn't happened by then.

John
jbrennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 20:03   #22
jbrennand
Inactive

jbrennand is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrennand View Post

The upgrade to the 100Mb service hasn't happened yet - still only getting 49.5! - he said it can take up to 24 hours while the account is closed and new one opened. So what's the normal switch over time for this ? I will call them tomorrow tea time if it hasn't happened by then.

John
Called them up and they did it there and then got 92 Mbps on the first test
jbrennand is offline   Reply With Quote