Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 25-02-2012, 15:42   #736
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
If Virgin have sense, they will read this and respond to this!

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

l am sure Virgin look at everything and l suspect Virgin will have many irons in the fire in regards to keeping customers and attracting new ones.
Old 25-02-2012, 15:49   #737
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
This is not going to be good reading for VM executives although not representative it sends a clear message. http://www.vmhd.blogspot.com/
It's a good read but easy to dismiss. From previous experience people who are unhappy, disgruntled or looking to let off steam are more inclined to take time out to complete a survey or give feedback than someone who is satisfied.

Virgin themselves will know over the next 6 weeks what impact the prices increase will have. I'm sure they are already monitoring and measuring trends i.e. people cancelling SKY HD at £7 or downsizing their broadband.

I for one changed my package 2 weeks ago on the back of being informed my price increase would be £5.50. Instead I'm now about £35 to £40 per month better off.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 17:44   #738
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It's a good read but easy to dismiss. From previous experience people who are unhappy, disgruntled or looking to let off steam are more inclined to take time out to complete a survey or give feedback than someone who is satisfied.

Virgin themselves will know over the next 6 weeks what impact the prices increase will have. I'm sure they are already monitoring and measuring trends i.e. people cancelling SKY HD at £7 or downsizing their broadband.

I for one changed my package 2 weeks ago on the back of being informed my price increase would be £5.50. Instead I'm now about £35 to £40 per month better off.
Surely this will have a negative effect on VM. Putting the prices up has caused me to think about my service and VM will now be getting £70 less per month as a result.

Surely they'd rather have kept my extra £70 per month!? The price rises seem to have really backfired on them.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 17:47   #739
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Surely this will have a negative effect on VM. Putting the prices up has caused me to think about my service and VM will now be getting £70 less per month as a result.

Surely they'd rather have kept my extra £70 per month!? The price rises seem to have really backfired on them.
Well l don't think you can make that assumption based on one poll. which is not really representative.
Old 25-02-2012, 17:51   #740
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post

Not necessarily people shop around anyway Sky put their prices up around september and there is alays a certain amount of "churn " from one company to the next

VM are losing your custom but when the other major pay TV provider puts prices up so might they.
Old 25-02-2012, 17:58   #741
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Not necessarily people shop around anyway Sky put their prices up around september and there is alays a certain amount of "churn " from one company to the next

VM are losing your custom but when the other major pay TV provider puts prices up so might they.
I suppose that is true but VM are still keeping me as a broadband and phone customer. I think it's fair to say the £2 increase in XXL broadband is an easy pill to swallow when coupled with VM more doubling my speed taking it to a whopping 120mb!

They've done nothing on the TV side of things to warrant a price increase in my opinion. They can't even manage to release the TiVo app or red button services yet alone more HD channels.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 18:16   #742
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I feel the bigger issue is the services offered , people don't mind a little increase so long as they see improvements in their services. I personally hate the length of time you have to wait for HD channels on VM and I'm referring to non Sky HD channels.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 18:25   #743
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I feel the bigger issue is the services offered , people don't mind a little increase so long as they see improvements in their services. I personally hate the length of time you have to wait for HD channels on VM and I'm referring to non Sky HD channels.
l think you only have to look at the last couple of years to see how much Virgin have improved their services and one expects significant inprovements to be forthcoming this year as well and yes true they could be a little quicker getting some of the non Sky HD channels but again remember that Sky get paid to put channels on their platform where Virgin have to do the opposite so l think you are being a tad harsh master in your criticism of Virgin.
Old 25-02-2012, 18:43   #744
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Dead right m8.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 18:58   #745
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Dead right m8.
The masters influence is strong with the force tonight.
Old 25-02-2012, 19:03   #746
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The masters influence is strong with the force tonight.
MM just happens to have a similar opinion to my own. VM have badly neglected the HD side of the TV business, and I am not talking about SKY HD channels which we all know Sky want as exclusive.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 19:08   #747
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
MM just happens to have a similar opinion to my own. VM have badly neglected the HD side of the TV business, and I am not talking about SKY HD channels which we all know Sky want as exclusive.
Apart from the HD channels Sky are denying Virgin access to there are not that many HD channels that Virgin would have apart from the ITV HD channels and a few others.
Old 25-02-2012, 19:34   #748
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Apart from the HD channels Sky are denying Virgin access to there are not that many HD channels that Virgin would have apart from the ITV HD channels and a few others.
The point being made though is that with the price increase there should really be nothing missing on the HD list that is non Sky.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 19:49   #749
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
The point being made though is that with the price increase there should really be nothing missing on the HD list that is non Sky.
And l suspect most of the ones missing we will get soon enough Lex.
Old 25-02-2012, 20:00   #750
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

I have sat back and read all peoples comments and i have got to say that both sides have good arguments,But vm have really got it wrong this time and i feel its going come back and hit them were it hurts.
1.first we get good news telling us that boardband services are to be doubled for free
2.weeks later we getting news that broadband prices are going up so whilst doubling is great all of a sudden it comes at a cost.
3.then we get get news of a increase in tv prices,Still awaiting new hd channels and other channels shutting down(maybe not vm`s fault) but really if they have finally signed some new channels would have justified the increase.
4.tivo,Hoping to get all customers on this great format.What do they do up the price?£3 should have been dropped not increased,Total suicide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Continued promises of new things aint gonna wash with everybody,i know atleast 3 of my friends who have now gone back to sky and from looking at different forums if believed many are following.
Maybe this is vm`s plan loose mass customers on the tv side,Shut it down and concentrate on broadband.If it aint whoever is in control of all the decisions at vm needs to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Quote:
And l suspect most of the ones missing we will get soon enough Lex.
hope you are right matey,Way its going they will only be a few of us left with there tv package

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Quote:
agree universal hd is a prime example,They want the channels on the cheap.But us customers aint allowed the same

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Quote:
bang on matey,I never want to go back to sky but vm are making it very differcult to resist
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote