Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 19-02-2012, 14:13   #601
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
vip30 is a rip off, vip50 is much better value
exactly and you get sky premium HD included with vip 50 too
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2012, 13:13   #602
Fspiders
Inactive

Services: Premier
Fspiders is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on vip50 and only pay £3 more than you're paying for vip30.

My bill is due to go up by £4.60 in April and after phoning VM up they have very nicely agreed to give me a rolling credit of £4.60 a month for 12 months. Seems it sometimes pays to be a long standing customer who gives em a hefty wad every month.

So I'm still a happy chappy.

Regards.
Fspiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 16:31   #603
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

V+ TV XL, L BB, M Phone. £4 increase.
Old 20-02-2012, 17:55   #604
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

How is my bill going up by £4?

I thought XL TV was going up by £2, and L broadband by £1. So, what's the other pound for? (I'm on M phone).
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 18:25   #605
Ray.uk
Inactive

Ray.uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Fspiders
Is that with Tivo,and the extra £3 is on top of which figure the £99.45 or the 103.95 ?
Ray.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 18:26   #606
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
How is my bill going up by £4?

I thought XL TV was going up by £2, and L broadband by £1. So, what's the other pound for? (I'm on M phone).
Just rang up VM, they didn't know either.

They promise me I'll be paying £3 extra. I intend to keep them to that.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 19:39   #607
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

got my price rise letter today !
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 20:05   #608
Fspiders
Inactive

Services: Premier
Fspiders is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my bill

If you knock off the £4 for ACR and CD Then I'm on £102... Don't have (or want!) Tivo

And my price is staying as it is as VM have given me a rolling monthly credit of £4.60 to cover the increase for 12 months.

Regards.
Fspiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 20:27   #609
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79

That anonymous call rejection sounds like a handy thing!! Sick of getting cold calls from Sky and Thomas Sanderson!!

I'm on a new 12mth contract with VM and I've only had my windows replaced and blinds put up!!
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 22:29   #610
MrGiles2
Inactive

Services: Virginemedia V+. Broadband, Sky, Freeview, Blu-Ray, DVD, Home Cinema
MrGiles2 is an unknown quantity at this point

After six years with Virginmedia I left just before xmas cos my bills were getting ridiculous for what I was receiving. I went back to Sky, get twice as many channels, HD, Phone, and broadband and pay £11 a month less. Virgin are beginning to price themselves out. I agree with many comments that incomes are stagnating, yet these companies keep pushing their prices up. They are going to lose more customers soon.
MrGiles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 22:40   #611
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Tivo and VHD, XL Package. L BB, M Phone. £3.50 (8%) increase.

VM have got too greedy it will backfire on them.

There will be £5 per TiVo box charge coming to everybody aswell within the next 12 months . No guarantee from VM that it won't.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 23:21   #612
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

No guarantee it will...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 06:25   #613
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by James79 View Post
That anonymous call rejection sounds like a handy thing!! Sick of getting cold calls from Sky and Thomas Sanderson!!

I'm on a new 12mth contract with VM and I've only had my windows replaced and blinds put up!!
Anonymous call reject is great - and for those on some legacy (pre-Virgin) networks is free if you can remember the old codes!
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 07:05   #614
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Tivo and VHD, XL Package. L BB, M Phone. £3.50 (8%) increase.

VM have got too greedy it will backfire on them.

There will be £5 per TiVo box charge coming to everybody aswell within the next 12 months . No guarantee from VM that it won't.
You sure have got a bee in your bonnet about something you suppose to be happening Mr K as remember most things in life are ifs, buts and maybes and so far we have been told that this will not affect existing customers and thats good enough for me.
Old 22-02-2012, 08:50   #615
stereohaven
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo, V HD Box, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone M
stereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiles2 View Post
...Virgin are beginning to price themselves out...
Couldn't agree more.

I only joined in October but will be giving notice on the 1st April as the Sky offering is better value IMHO, plus, my actual experience of Sky services is they are very reliable where as the opposite is true for VM.
stereohaven is offline   Reply With Quote