Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | xpsp2..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

powerpoint users - help !

Old 21-03-2004, 08:47   #1
markmarkymark
Inactive

markmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about themmarkmarkymark has a spectacular aura about them
powerpoint users - help !

Morning ...

I have the latest powerpoint. Creating a presentation at the moment ...

Well if I say already have a picture on a slide and I insert another picture, the first picture is moved and the inserted picture is resized ??? If I go to edit I can tell it to 'undo slide layout' and all returns to as it should be. Anyone tell me whats going on - I'm sure there must be an 'auto-something-or-other' going on ....

cheers all

Mark

edit : sorted. I have just turned off a most dumb ass feature. Go to TOOLS, then AUTO CORRECT OPTIONS, then AUTOFORMAT AS YOU TYPE - and then deselect the 'Automatic layout for inserted options' box. This has been driving me nuts, and I can not be the only one to suffer this !
markmarkymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2004, 13:24   #2
ntl customer
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs and funerals.
ntl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond reputentl customer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: powerpoint users - help !

Quote:
This has been driving me nuts, and I can not be the only one to suffer this !
No you're not the only one. I hate the way that Microsoft software is always set up by default to be as 'helpful' as possible.

This 'helpfullness' often tends to drive me nuts, from automatic hyperlinking of emails and web addresses in word documents (aarrggh...why the hell does it have to be blue and underlined? surely it can be more discreet ?) to automatic numbering and bullet pointing.

The first thing I always do when I reinstall Office or log onto a network where they have Office for the first time is switch off the settings that will start to drive me nuts and over time may lead to me throwing the PC out of the window!

Why does Office try to be so helpful when it is not?

ntl customer is offline   Reply With Quote