Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VOD trial period for M/L package

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New VM channel/favourites selection - is this progress???

Old 28-04-2007, 09:56   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Thumbs down New VM channel/favourites selection - is this progress???

Blimey I've been behind VM throughout the Sky debacle and the various changes they're making to our old NTL service and then what do we get? We turn on the Digibox only to find all our favourites gone - Dohhhhh. Oh well, we'll just do what we've done loads of times before and spend half an hour reordering them and moving all the dross to the bottom as usual. The colours have changed but who cares, we can live with that. Ok, all done, off we go..... eh???...... what????..... We can't just scan through the channels we want??? That can't be right can it?? OK np we'll go to favourites and scan through them there. OK good, we'll select a channel and then scan the rest from there... Errrmmmm no.... can't do that...... Surely this can't be true... this must be a bad dream...... Hmmmmm...... so the result of an 'upgrade' to our service is that in order to view the channels we want we have to either scan through all the dross in numeric order or select each channel by its individual number or go into favourites, scan to the channel we want, press ok and repeat the process ad nauseam....... Right now I've checked the definition of the term progress and I can categorically say that THIS isn't IT!!!

What the hell is going on??? We now have the most user unfriendly TV service we've ever had!!!! It is truly awful!!!!!!!!!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2007, 21:48   #2
Web-Junkie
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB
Web-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpackWeb-Junkie has a very nice sixpack
Re: New VM channel/favourites selection - is this progress???

I preferred the old favourites on the Analogue box, enter the channels you like then just keep pressing the Favourites button to cycle through the channels to the one you want.

The only thing I can think of is go into the Set Locked Channels option in Settings and lock out all the programs you definitely don't want, that will cut the clutter down a bit. Other than that you're SOL!!
Web-Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 01:04   #3
AndyP85
Inactive

AndyP85 is on a distinguished roadAndyP85 is on a distinguished road

I totally agree.. The way the Favourites are now set up is a complete backward step. I am really annoyed about this

So how do we go about complaining about this annoyance so someone will take notice?
AndyP85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 07:53   #4
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web-Junkie View Post
I preferred the old favourites on the Analogue box, enter the channels you like then just keep pressing the Favourites button to cycle through the channels to the one you want.

The only thing I can think of is go into the Set Locked Channels option in Settings and lock out all the programs you definitely don't want, that will cut the clutter down a bit. Other than that you're SOL!!
Cheers, that sounds like a reasonable idea for the channels we never ever use.

I will ring VM to complain and suggest everyone does likewise. Apparently there are quite a few people with VM connections around here so hopefully they'll be reporting our feedback too. If enough people complain directly though they will change it. I can't believe someone somewhere in VM thought this was a good idea.
Old 29-04-2007, 11:40   #5
AndyP85
Inactive

Here is the VM complaints/comments form:
http://help2.virginmedia.com/assets/...erytype_1.html

This is what I put:
Hello.. Ref: Cable TV:
I write with reference to the new way that the "Favourites" facility has been set up.

Prior to the change I was able to select all my favourite channels and arrange them to my own specific order. This allowed me to be able to search through my channles for programs.

The new way is labourious and is a step backwards. I have contacted other VM customers who agree with me. Please look into this as I am sure that this is a concern for other VM cable tv customers.

Thanks AP
Old 29-04-2007, 14:11   #6
Osem
Inactive

Cheers Andy

Update - just complained in writing. This thing is driving me mad!!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:23   #7
SILVER SURFER
Inactive

SILVER SURFER is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried Web-Junkie's idea of locking out unwanted channels but with limited success. I thought it would result in a blank screen each time but instead you get Film Flex trailers and a request to enter pin to access locked channel again. Would have preferred blank screen, or better still, favourites to jump the gaps and run next to each other. Too much to hope for I guess.
SILVER SURFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:06   #8
AndyP85
Inactive

I had an automatic reply.. usual stuff:

Thanks for the email you sent to us on 29 April 2007. We're on the case
and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible ?
usually within a few days. Right now, we're busier than normal, so it
may take us a little longer to to respond.

No response as yet though!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:54   #9
Osem
Inactive

Ditto - still no response here either Well it's good to know that VM consider this a priority isn't it
Old 04-05-2007, 01:31   #10
AndyP85
Inactive

Still no reply... Getting fed up with the way the channels have to be selected....Does anyone else constantly lose the program information?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44   #11
Osem
Inactive

Ditto here Andy :o(

It's odd, the programme info is very variable - good at odd times but either scant or non existant for the most part

Some aspects of the overall system are probably a bit quicker than before but ease of channel selection and accuracy/completeness of progamme info are the most important aspects of a TV service as fas as I'm concerned and these are terrible right now!

I wonder how long it'll be before VM get back to us with some answers ................

--------------------

Just had a call from VM - a very pleasant lady listened as I vented my spleen and apologised for all the problems. I detected more than a hint of genuine frustration in her tone and really felt she'd love to be able to resolve the problem if only she could. She said all the complaints were being passed on to the relevant people and that hopefully they'd sort it out but in time. She could offer no promises however.

So:

10/10 for politeness, as usual, by the put upon VM employee.

0/10 for technical merit to the idiots who conceived/implemented these changes and appear to be burying their heads in the sand just now.