Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New sky+ hd epg

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New sky+ hd epg

Old 09-03-2009, 15:03   #1
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
New sky+ hd epg

Starts rolling out tomorrow apparently....

LINK

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to get this new epg or get picked to get it any sooner?

Dilli.

Cheers
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2009, 15:07   #2
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of
Re: New sky+ hd epg

Ooh nice, Sky delivering early too.
demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 15:08   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

From my googling it looks like it's been 'coming soon' for a fair few months so I don't know about early?
Old 09-03-2009, 15:17   #4
demented
Inactive

demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

It has been severely delayed, the strongly rumoured date was 20th March though . I was quite impressed with the idea of series stack on the same page. Sadly the pics don't really show it off in it's full glory. The standard guide looks so blocky on the Sky+ HD box. A friend who has it will be thrilled.
Old 09-03-2009, 15:25   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Indeed - a couiple more pictures.

I like the way you can get it to highlight HD content.

Much of it is already on the v+ box I know.

Still I have my fingers crossed it gets to my box asap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg one.jpg (26.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg two.jpg (20.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg thre.jpg (26.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 09-03-2009, 15:32   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Now, next and later programme info viewable while watching a programme ... programme still viewable while browsing the Guide ... what innovations. It's not as if Telewest/NTL/Virgin hasn't been capable of this for many years now! And here's Sky, about to launch it for Sky+HD customers only.

Even basic, cheapest of the cheap Freesat boxes already have this functionality.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 15:33   #7
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
From my googling it looks like it's been 'coming soon' for a fair few months so I don't know about early?
I don't think any 'coming soon' can ever hope to hold up against any VM/NTL 'coming soon' there has ever been.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 15:58   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Its been coming soon for longer than a few months. They originally announced it a couple of years ago.
Old 09-03-2009, 16:03   #9
demented
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Now, next and later programme info viewable while watching a programme ... programme still viewable while browsing the Guide ... what innovations. It's not as if Telewest/NTL/Virgin hasn't been capable of this for many years now! And here's Sky, about to launch it for Sky+HD customers only.

Even basic, cheapest of the cheap Freesat boxes already have this functionality.
I've liked some aspects of Telewest/VMs EPG for a long time - the mini guide functionality that was lacking off sky, until now. I find that although I like them nobody else seems bothered about them in the slightest and seems much more bothered about channel speed change/general EPG speed.
Old 09-03-2009, 16:19   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I too appreciated the NTL epg, when I had it. I've long since been off-net and forced to make do with Sky (hopefully moving to Freesat soon though - we already have that in the holiday flat, yay). The lack of programme info in the now/next screen was and is a right pain, as is the lack of an in-screen view of what you were watching when you go into the full guide.

So far as I can gather those who do not have Sky+HD are going to remain without these enhancements though.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 17:20   #11
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to get this new epg or get picked to get it any sooner?

Dilli.

Cheers
According to the Sky HD Team over @ DS
Quote:
The first group to receive the Sky+HD Guide will be made up of some of our customers with Thomson Sky+HD boxes.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=999675
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 18:03   #12
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Oh well that's me out then...

Cheers
Old 09-03-2009, 20:21   #13
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

It'll be nice to finally have features on my Sky+HD box which I had years ago on my ntl box, LOL.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 20:42   #14
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Maybe someone should tell the CEO at VM, that there is new stuff coming from Sky, as VM are still in the dark ages.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 23:23   #15
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Maybe someone should tell the CEO at VM, that there is new stuff coming from Sky, as VM are still in the dark ages.
I think my irony detector just broke.

You do realise this update brings the Sky HD boxes features that have been available to even the oldest VM stbs for... well, I can't actually remember how long ago as it's been that long.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote