Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 31-01-2014, 11:00   #4246
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
BT revenues up on demand for broadband and sports TV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25975695

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...venues-profits

Andy Gray's BT prospects threatened by release of new Sky video.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...port-sky-video
Hope it doesn`t harm his vprospects at BT as he is one of the best,if not the best pundits on the box
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2014, 13:34   #4247
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Andy Gray is not my cup of tea. BT may regret employing him despite his knowledge of the game.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:13   #4248
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Andy Gray is not my cup of tea. BT may regret employing him despite his knowledge of the game.
Maybe not yours, but I thought he was the best commentator out there, by a mile! I think it's a great addition and strengthens BT's position.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:20   #4249
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Maybe not yours, but I thought he was the best commentator out there, by a mile! I think it's a great addition and strengthens BT's position.
+1
Old 31-01-2014, 15:30   #4250
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Ha yes,Keys and Gray,I remember them,I'm sure she does tae.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=YLD27abHrf0
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:52   #4251
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough

I think Andy Gray is an excellent presenter, far better than Owen. It looks like someone has got it in for Gray releasing that video.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 16:09   #4252
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
I think Andy Gray is an excellent presenter, far better than Owen. It looks like someone has got it in for Gray releasing that video.
One suspects Sky aimed this squarely with the intention of doing damage to BT Sports in their ongoing battle.

Yes we all know Andy Gray is not perfect but there again nor are any of us.
Old 31-01-2014, 16:10   #4253
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
One suspects Sky aimed this squarely with the intention of doing damage to BT Sports in their ongoing battle.

Yes we all know Andy Gray is not perfect but there again nor are any of us.

This.....
Old 31-01-2014, 16:19   #4254
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Can't believe so many of you are defending the sleazy womanising piece of crap that he has been shown to be, and that's probably only the stuff that's been discovered!
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 16:49   #4255
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Can't believe so many of you are defending the sleazy womanising piece of crap that he has been shown to be, and that's probably only the stuff that's been discovered!
l am not defending anything but really society that try's to preach the puritanical view generally can't preach it to themselves and are the biggest hypocrites of the lot.
Old 31-01-2014, 17:56   #4256
Off the Bit
Inactive

Off the Bit is an unknown quantity at this point

Considering the length of time between when various clips seem to have been recorded - 2011 for some clips, several years earlier for the most recent one published - I'm surprised that nobody at Sky warned Gray and Keys to stop their behaviour.

The release of "new" material now, presumably as an attempt to derail any attempt by Gray to restart his media career, reflects as badly on those who released it as it does on the man himself. A clip of him making sexist comments during the recent BT game would be newsworthy, but one recorded a decade ago tells us nothing we did not know about the man already.

If people have further clips, they should either publish them now or wipe them off their hard-drive for good. If I made a mistake which cost me my job, then losing my job was the punishment. My ex-employer would not proceed to contact every future employer to provide "new" evidence as to why they should not take me on, unless I asked them to provide a reference.
Off the Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 20:42   #4257
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post

A bit harsh i'd say, you've never heard anything like this before?
Old 31-01-2014, 22:37   #4258
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
l am not defending anything but really society that try's to preach the puritanical view generally can't preach it to themselves and are the biggest hypocrites of the lot.
I know you are not defending him Den, but I am pleased to say I have never joined in with this behaviour, sober or otherwise. I went on holiday to South Tenerife many times when I was younger, and both myself and my friends found this type of behaviour rather boorish and childish and we tried hard to stay away from the groups of lads who would indulge in this type of behaviour. If I am out with work mates, and they try this behaviour I am always the stick in the mud who will not join in and will apologize to the females for my work mates behaviour - if they appear offended.

I try very hard to stick by the behaviours instilled in me by my parents and try to be a gentleman at all times.

Andy Gray (I imagine) would have been paid a considerable sum of money, and should have taken more responsibility. I wonder how long I would last at work if I asked some of the girls at work to "get their tits out for the lads" when they are not on the shop floor?

Terrible, terrible behaviour in my eyes.

I would be happy for Andy Gray (or anyone) to personally criticize any of my behaviours he/they may find offensive.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Quote:
BT Sport set to go head to head with Sky over TV rights for cricket and golf

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cri...#ixzz2rxUZfJ4u
Would be happy even if they only won one of those rights
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 22:50   #4259
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I know you are not defending him Den, but I am pleased to say I have never joined in with this behaviour, sober or otherwise. I went on holiday to South Tenerife many times when I was younger, and both myself and my friends found this type of behaviour rather boorish and childish and we tried hard to stay away from the groups of lads who would indulge in this type of behaviour. If I am out with work mates, and they try this behaviour I am always the stick in the mud who will not join in and will apologize to the females for my work mates behaviour - if they appear offended.

I try very hard to stick by the behaviours instilled in me by my parents and try to be a gentleman at all times.

Andy Gray (I imagine) would have been paid a considerable sum of money, and should have taken more responsibility. I wonder how long I would last at work if I asked some of the girls at work to "get their tits out for the lads" when they are not on the shop floor?

Terrible, terrible behaviour in my eyes.

I would be happy for Andy Gray (or anyone) to personally criticize any of my behaviours he/they may find offensive.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Would be happy even if they only won one of those rights
Sounds like we share the same moral compass. I hate this type of laddish behavior and can't stand to be anywhere near it. The man is a tit. Just because he's good at talking football doesn't mean he deserves special treatment. That's sexual harassment in the work place.....full stop! It's not just the SKY stuff. So many stories of him being drunk and acting lewd towards young women. I seem to remember he burned out pretty badly 8 to 10 years ago on the drink whilst abroad causing chaos with his behavior. The mans got five children, by four different women and has only been married twice. Some of his kids don't talk to him at all. A total shambles but somehow a hero to some.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 22:58   #4260
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The man is a tit
Or just a tit man.......