Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cant Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cant Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!

Old 07-06-2011, 14:26   #76
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Cant Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!

Hi Michael, best speak to the business team, check their website at virginmediabusiness.com.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2011, 12:55   #77
martd
Inactive

martd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Weesteev, how about Lymington? Postcode SO41 - So41 9 to be more precise
Little bit more southern than you were after but why not ask?!

Ive been hoping that Virgin would be available for some time now and i'm getting more and more fed up with Sky!

Cheers
martd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 22:37   #78
madmacfan10
Inactive

Services: Sky World HD, Talk Talk adsl BB, Virgin media cable landline
madmacfan10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to madmacfan10

Hi there. please bear with me as i'm a newbie to this site. I have tried to keep this as short as possible, so please do bear with me.

I live in Plaistow East London, Part of the old Bell cablemedia network laid down in the early 1990's by a company called Encom. What I would love to know, is, Will the cable network in my area ever be upgraded to digital. The analog tv service was recently switched off with no digital replacement, However the cable landline service is still alive and kicking. i know this because I subscribe to a cable Landline service, Size L evenings and weekends, which comes from a brown box outside the front of my house and goes to a Green cabinet at the end of my street.

My postcode is E13 8BA. It used to show up on the virgin postcode checker as only being able to recieve analog services, but now it shows up as not being able to obtain cable services at all.The cable network in my area is Definitely NOT owned by BT, It was owned by virgins predecessor NTL , so effectively it's owned by virgin media. Areas such as Stratford and leyton, which are part of the same network, have already been upgraded to digital, so why has my area been missed.

Any news regarding the upgrade of my area would be greatly appreciated. If the staff at VM could look into this further for me, it would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
madmacfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 22:39   #79
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

If you put your postcode into the checker on this page you should see this below.http://shop.virginmedia.com/home.htm..._HP_topnav_1_1

Quote:
You're in a Virgin Media National broadband area

You're not in a fibre optic cable area, so we can't give you TV. But we can give you Virgin Broadband using your existing phone line.

Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 22:47   #80
madmacfan10
Inactive

hi there. I definitely do have a cable landline. I can PM you with my VM account number and area reference. If you could look into this further for me. this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 14-06-2011, 22:52   #81
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmacfan10 View Post
hi there. I definitely do have a cable landline. I can PM you with my VM account number and area reference. If you could look into this further for me. this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
We cannot take such details as this is not an official Virginmedia site and it would be a breach of the Data Protection Regulations, also that is one of the reasons you will find that you cannot PM me as most employees have that function disabled.

Your address does come up in that link, door numbers 1 to 58 and all can get Virgin national broadband through a BT phone line.

Try calling tomorrow on 0845 454 2222 for further help and information.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 22:57   #82
madmacfan10
Inactive

Thanks I will call up the number tomorrow morning. As I have previously said I definitely do have a cable landline, as I have a separate BT landline box with a Completely different landline number to that of my NTL branded cable landline socket/ box.

Thanks once again.
Old 16-06-2011, 16:19   #83
ShaggyRS6
Inactive

ShaggyRS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am very new here and I am not sure if this is the right forum/thread to post in. The problem is, I am pulling my hair out. I am currently suffering a degrading service by BT, my Sync rate has fallen 6MB over the course of a year and im fed up with a non responsive service.

I would love to sign up with to a full TV and Broadband pacjakge with Virgin Media to enable me to take advantage of really High Speed broadband but everytime I speak to a Virgin representative I get the same old story. Sorry But.................

What is infuriating is that house, no more than 50 feet from my house have the ability to use your fibre Network. Walking past the little brown boxes every day knowing what it can provide in terms of speed is like some form of torture.

We live down a little off shoot of road that was missed when the installtion was done orginally. 50 feet, if that, I have canvased my neighbours too who cant get the service, they all say they would sign up in a heart beat.

Is there anything Virgin can do to help? my Post Code is ME88TL .
ShaggyRS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 14:31   #84
ShaggyRS6
Inactive

Sorry to put a bump on this one. I wondered if you who monitor this thread have any thoughts?

Cheers People
Old 18-06-2011, 15:28   #85
verox
Inactive

verox is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having literally the exact same problem Shaggy is, terrible BT service and no virgin coverage to my house but there is to a house across my street. Particularly annoying.
verox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 16:08   #86
ShaggyRS6
Inactive

Yeah, i cant get the fact around I want to pay them nearly £100 per month for all the services. Phone, HD TV, Internet etc
Old 28-06-2011, 18:27   #87
verox
Inactive

verox is an unknown quantity at this point

No reply off anyone?
verox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 21:34   #88
TelM
Inactive

TelM is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Cant Get Cable? - Maybe We Can Help!

I live on an estate which is almost surrounded by cable. I know for example the cable runs along the back of our garden but so far we can't get it. We've even rang Virgin on several occasions and offered our garden as a route though to the estate but offer not taken up.
Our postcode is NE29 8LR ... help us please escape from BT.
We get flyers all the time from Virgin telling us about the great service, prices and network speed but are only offered a DSL (maximum speed of 1.5Mbps) service when we call. The area all around us has had cable for ages and we don't understand why we can't have it too.
TelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 16:51   #89
skidrow
Inactive

skidrow is an unknown quantity at this point

do you know if virgin cable is ever going to come to middleton,leeds?(Ls10 4LL) other areas of leeds that are less than 1 or 2 miles from middleton e.g. Beeston(LS11) and Morley(LS27) both have Virgin cable services. A lot of people would be intrested in getting cable since we only get speeds ranging from 2mb to 230kbs here.
skidrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 13:56   #90
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Guys, there is an official point of contact now, you can email your request to cablemystreet@virginmedia.co.uk and you should get a response from the team directly.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...elp/td-p/20585

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote