Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 10-02-2014, 21:13   #1561
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj136uk View Post
Worked here
So did mine but it didn't on the 31/10/2013 when I submitted that post
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2014, 12:44   #1562
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Hi all,

Does anyone have any current issues with receiving no surround sound on all HD channels? I Noticed this last night but who knows how long it's been happening.

Thought I'd ask before I start pulling wires on my set up which is easier said than done!

Cheers
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 14:19   #1563
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Does anyone have any current issues with receiving no surround sound on all HD channels? I Noticed this last night but who knows how long it's been happening.
Reboot your TiVo!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:58   #1564
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Reboot your TiVo!
Thanks Spiderplant.

Tried a reboot with no joy. I'll bite the bullet and tinker with the set up to start eliminating all the devices that could be effecting it before phoning up.
Old 12-02-2014, 13:56   #1565
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Hmm... that usually fixes it

Check Settings->Audio->Dolby on your TiVo
Old 12-02-2014, 19:43   #1566
Joedm45
cf.geek

Quote:
Hmm... that usually fixes it

Check Settings->Audio->Dolby on your TiVo
Thanks again Spiderplant. Dolby setting is ok on TiVo but I've had a look at my set up and ruled out any VM problems. I'll need to fire off some emails to other manufacturers equipment I've got in the mess of cables behind my TV.

Thanks for your help
Old 12-02-2014, 19:55   #1567
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Thanks again Spiderplant. Dolby setting is ok on TiVo but I've had a look at my set up and ruled out any VM problems. I'll need to fire off some emails to other manufacturers equipment I've got in the mess of cables behind my TV.

Thanks for your help
Try removing all the cables and start again, sometime it helps to have a tidy up and make sure everything is in the right place.
ocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 18:35   #1568
Joedm45
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
Try removing all the cables and start again, sometime it helps to have a tidy up and make sure everything is in the right place.
Thanks for the advice. The problem lies with my HDMI splitter on the TiVo output.

To cut a long story short TiVo feeding 2 TVs, 1 of which is connected to an amp and the other not. After various emails with the splitter manufacturer it turns out the splitter cannot handle two different audios so defaults to lowest setting, ie Stereo. They implied all splitters do the same. Rather annoying but I'm looking for a solution.

Anyone come across this issue before? Any help would be gratefully received
Old 14-02-2014, 21:55   #1569
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Yes, that makes sense. The TiVo can only output one format, so it has to use the one that both TVs can support.

A few ideas (none of them very good):
switch to SCART for the stereo TV.
get another amp
get another TiVo
see if you can find a gizmo to downconvert Dolby over HDMI
Old 16-02-2014, 11:09   #1570
Joedm45
cf.geek

Quote:
Yes, that makes sense. The TiVo can only output one format, so it has to use the one that both TVs can support.

A few ideas (none of them very good):
switch to SCART for the stereo TV.
get another amp
get another TiVo
see if you can find a gizmo to downconvert Dolby over HDMI
Thanks again Spiderplant, I'd forgotten Scart is active too on TiVo. Second TV is fed with HDMI over 2xCat6 cables and I have found a Scart to HDMI converter on Amazon which I may try. PQ won't be HD but worth a shot.

I've managed to get a picture through to second TV but no sound when I've got Dolby working on the amp TV so option 2 is to utilise the second speaker zone on my amp and mount speakers next to the stereo TV and get sound through that way. I have a spare cat 6 cable already installed between the two points so might try to use it as speaker cable, sounds stupid but it may just work and improve the sound quality from tinny TV speakers
Old 18-03-2014, 09:13   #1571
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

OK, on this new software update how do I set a wishlist to only record shows on HD channels? Cannot see the option, unless I am being blind and it is there.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 12:43   #1572
Joedm45
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
OK, on this new software update how do I set a wishlist to only record shows on HD channels? Cannot see the option, unless I am being blind and it is there.
I know it is there as I couldn't find the option at first either. Unfortunately not at home to check where it is but if no one has answered I'll check tonight for you.

In the meantime, from memory, the option used to be under categories before but I think it's in the same menu as the start x minutes earlier, finish x minutes later options. My memory isn't the best but I'll check when I can
Old 18-03-2014, 13:10   #1573
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Thanks.
Old 18-03-2014, 13:27   #1574
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Anyone know if there's a way to organise your recordings - ie move them into folders? If not, surely that would be a useful feature??
bamav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 13:52   #1575
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

You mean take different shows and make a folder? If so then I don't think so.