Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Anytime

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Anytime

Old 16-10-2011, 12:26   #466
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky Anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Does the 500 Movies coming to Sky Anytime on Virgin Media include HD Movies or will there be even more
Sky have many available in SD and HD so I would expect it to be the same on VM.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2011, 12:36   #467
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Does the 500 Movies coming to Sky Anytime on Virgin Media include HD Movies or will there be even more
All movies are SD to begin with HD coming. My guess would be they need to increase the capacity of the OD servers at the headends to roll out HD.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 12:42   #468
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky have many available in SD and HD so I would expect it to be the same on VM.
How many HD movies are on Sky Anytime on Sky i heard there were 109.
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 12:48   #469
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
How many HD movies are on Sky Anytime on Sky i heard there were 109.
Not sure however there is a decent selection , let's not forget up until a few months back all Sky entertainment content was SD only , when I first tried an HD movie it took 5 minutes before it was ready to play on 10mb connection that's now down to a minute.
Old 16-10-2011, 12:52   #470
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not sure however there is a decent selection , let's not forget up until a few months back all Sky entertainment content was SD only ,
Will there be more HD content on Sky Anytime added over time
Old 16-10-2011, 12:52   #471
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
All movies are SD to begin with HD coming. My guess would be they need to increase the capacity of the OD servers at the headends to roll out HD.
Its been 14 months since the announcement that they were getting OD from Sky lets hope they got storage sorted out a long time ago.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 12:56   #472
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

When I asked if we were only getting SD, Essjay said I am VERY mistaken.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 12:58   #473
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Read the press release people it's all in there
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 13:00   #474
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Read the press release people it's all in there
Well said
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 13:02   #475
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

I meant when HD content is added to Sky will it be added to Virgin Media ?
Old 16-10-2011, 13:13   #476
clinteastman
Inactive

clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
When I asked if we were only getting SD, Essjay said I am VERY mistaken.
Yes HD TV content.

Quote:
What will it carry?

It will carry programs from the Sky Channels that are available through Virgin Media’s TV service:
A selection of Sky1, Sky LIVING, Sky Arts, Sky News programs will be available to XL TV customers through TV Choice (SD & HD)
A selection of Sky Movies titles will be available at no extra cost to Sky Movies Collection customers (SD only)
http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio/f...n-media-tv.php

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Its been 14 months since the announcement that they were getting OD from Sky lets hope they got storage sorted out a long time ago.
Every headend would need a capacity increase I believe, that's a big, expensive job I guess.
Old 16-10-2011, 13:14   #477
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Yes HD TV content.

http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio/f...n-media-tv.php

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Every headend would need a capacity increase I believe, that's a big, expensive job I guess.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35315903-post414.html
Old 16-10-2011, 13:19   #478
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Yes I'm agreeing with him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Virgin will get the HD Movies on Anytime, but not quite yet.
Old 16-10-2011, 13:20   #479
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Yes I'm agreeing with him:
Thought so
Old 16-10-2011, 13:25   #480
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Will there be more HD content on Sky Anytime added over time
Yes , Sky Anytime works like this , say An Idiot Abroad 2 Ep 1 airs on Sunday its usually added to Anytime the following day , if you have Sky Anytime+ there are usually 3-4 episodes kept so say 1-4 and after a certain time EP 1 will expire if you catch my drift.