Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Anytime

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Anytime

Old 15-10-2011, 11:01   #421
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Sky Anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The movies are on Sky movies on film on demand and their other content is on TV on demand in the Sky Anytime section.
Thanks. Seems a long winded way, why dont they just have all Sky stuff in Sky Anytime section
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-10-2011, 11:05   #422
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Thanks. Seems a long winded way, why dont they just have all Sky stuff in Sky Anytime section
Why would you put Movies in a TV section?
Old 15-10-2011, 11:10   #423
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j00 View Post
I hope they dont add anymore as the speed is unbeariable.It just taken 30secs to display the first page and 15 secs for each page down.Its just not worth using as it is at the moment.
My TiVo isn't that slow, about 3 seconds to get into the movies and about 1.5 seconds per page.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 11:11   #424
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'm having no problems getting through the movies via my Samsung V+box. No delay whatsoever.

Going forward I'd like the movies to be split into genres. 1 folder for comdey, 1 folder for horrer etc...
I think he's using TIVO
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 11:12   #425
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Why would you put Movies in a TV section?
I'm sure it's mentioned in one of the press releases however do M+ customer with SKY Movies get access to these films too? Seeing L & XL customers are the only ones who can access the SKY anytime TV content, I suppose it makes sense to put the movies elsewhere for the benefit of M+ customers.

I hope the above make sense
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 11:41   #426
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes I thought (although I'm not 100% sure) that the Sky Anytime Movies were available to everyone with a Movies subscription now anyway which is why it's seperated out?

The content restricted to XL is the TV Choice stuff (as it's in TV Choice XL)
Old 15-10-2011, 11:44   #427
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes I thought (although I'm not 100% sure) that the Sky Anytime Movies were available to everyone with a Movies subscription now anyway which is why it's seperated out?

The content restricted to XL is the TV Choice stuff (as it's in TV Choice XL)
Yeah, I tried to explain that in a backward way. You've summed it up much better
Old 15-10-2011, 11:47   #428
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

The recent drop in price of Sky Movies Collection makes it more attractive now too.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 12:37   #429
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
The recent drop in price of Sky Movies Collection makes it more attractive now too.
Yeah got to agree. £19.50 per month for 11 SKY Movie channel plus Cinemagic is good value, especially with the arrival of SKY Anytime.

You'd struggle to rent more than 6 DVD's in a month for less than £19.50 in most highstreet Video shops.

At Lovefilm you'll pay £8.16 for 4 movie rentals in a month. Even if you take out the unlimited package for £19.39, and I'm talking as an ex-customer of Lovefilm, you'll be lucky to get more than 20 rentals over the period of a month.

It cost me £26.00 to take my Mrs. to the cinema about 4 months ago to watch a movie in 3D, and that was before popcorn, juice and the cost of my petrol.

If you are a fan of movies, and can wait between 6 and 8 months to see the newest releases, SKY Movies and SKY Anytime on Virgin is a total bargain!
Old 15-10-2011, 12:43   #430
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yeah got to agree. £19.50 per month for 11 SKY Movie channel plus Cinemagic is good value, especially with the arrival of SKY Anytime.

You'd struggle to rent more than 6 DVD's in a month for less than £19.50 in most highstreet Video shops.

At Lovefilm you'll pay £8.16 for 4 movie rentals in a month. Even if you take out the unlimited package for £19.39, and I'm talking as an ex-customer of Lovefilm, you'll be lucky to get more than 20 rentals over the period of a month.

It cost me £26.00 to take my Mrs. to the cinema about 4 months ago to watch a movie in 3D, and that was before popcorn, juice and the cost of my petrol.

If you are a fan of movies, and can wait between 6 and 8 months to see the newest releases, SKY Movies and SKY Anytime on Virgin is a total bargain!

l agree.
Old 15-10-2011, 13:03   #431
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

This makes me want to resub to Sky movies but the quality of SD Sky Movies is horrible and then when you add the £7 HD charge on top it then makes it an unattractive price.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 13:23   #432
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
This makes me want to resub to Sky movies but the quality of SD Sky Movies is horrible and then when you add the £7 HD charge on top it then makes it an unattractive price.
£26.50 is still a decent price for what your getting, however I fully agree that this might be too much for some people just to watch movies.
Old 15-10-2011, 14:14   #433
m0j00
Inactive

m0j00 is on a distinguished roadm0j00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
My TiVo isn't that slow, about 3 seconds to get into the movies and about 1.5 seconds per page.
Are you on the 15.2 version or the 15.1 ? coz its dire here on my tivo.
m0j00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 14:43   #434
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j00 View Post
Are you on the 15.2 version or the 15.1 ? coz its dire here on my tivo.
I would think the old version as sutton coldfied from his info isn't that far from where i am stoke on trent about 33 miles and we are still on the old version.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 14:47   #435
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
The SD Anytime content is pretty good quality imho , however I agree Sky movies isn't great.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote