Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 06-03-2011, 17:36   #2386
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Hi all, not been around for a while due to working my butt off in both jobs! I've also been spending a lot of time on Money Saving Expert forums and learning a hell of a lot whilst putting my finances into order. Normal service to be resumed now
Nice to see you back again
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2011, 19:37   #2387
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just seen the International Space Station (with Discovery) zipping (relatively) across the sky on a very clear night, with the new Moon helping by not being too bright.

Amazing.

Here's a link for others in the UK if they get a chance
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 20:00   #2388
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
does that mean you're going to start sending me those saucy pictures again?
Guess SB will have a bit of ketch(ing)up to do...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 21:25   #2389
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just seen the International Space Station (with Discovery) zipping (relatively) across the sky on a very clear night, with the new Moon helping by not being too bright.

Amazing.

I missed it by 2 hours
Thanks for posting the link though.
I saw it (ISS only) a couple of years ago (with the help of the moon for placement) and it was far speedier than I thought it would be.

Happy thought is looking forward to seeing Alistair McGowan as 'the Pirate King' next Sunday and I have never heard of Simon Butteriss but I'm sure he'll be a marvelous Major General
Old 07-03-2011, 21:44   #2390
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

A cop stopped me for speeding. He said, "Why were you going so fast?"

I said, "See this thing my foot is on? It's called an accelerator. When you push down on it, it sends more gas to the engine. The whole car just takes right off, and see this thing? This steers it."

Old 08-03-2011, 14:40   #2391
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Amazing.

Good for you. It must have been nice,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 18:11   #2392
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

An old friend I hadn't seen for a while asked me if I had lost weight. Oh! happy day!

Also did a bit of retail and bought 9 tops for £22 for the hols.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 18:29   #2393
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
An old friend I hadn't seen for a while asked me if I had lost weight. Oh! happy day!

Also did a bit of retail and bought 9 tops for £22 for the hols.
Don,t eat to much on holiday or you will put on weight.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 18:50   #2394
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Don,t eat to much on holiday or you will put on weight.
Haven't had a chip since 6th January, so may just indulge myself a teenie wee bit lol!!!!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 22:18   #2395
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Sitting in the 8th floor bar at the Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens, looking out at the floodlit Parthenon on the Acropolis (through the falling light snow), drinking a large Glenlivet.

Sometimes, working away can have it's upside.....

Anyway, time for bed, as it's 18 minutes past midnight here.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 22:29   #2396
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Sitting in the 8th floor bar at the Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens, looking out at the floodlit Parthenon on the Acropolis (through the falling light snow), drinking a large Glenlivet.

Sometimes, working away can have it's upside.....

Anyway, time for bed, as it's 18 minutes past midnight here.
I'm so jealous
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 21:41   #2397
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

My Desire HD arrived today...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:55   #2398
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

17/6/11 - Whitesnake, Manchester Apollo

Tickets booked, bring it on!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:27   #2399
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Got a good set of headphones yesterday.

Went up Tottenham Court Road, figuring that I would find a better selection up there than locally. And, TBH, I did. Tried a few, found a set I liked for £60. I thought I'd look locally just in case, so went to Croydon yesterday.

The shops in the town centre had a huge range of earphones for MP3 players, but in terms of actual over-the-ear headphones, no one were really doing any for less than £80.

Dixons, who usually have a good selection of headphones were only really interested in selling the "Beats by Dr Dre" range. The problem with them is I wanted a brand that is known for manufacturing good quality headphones for studio use, not a brand that isn't (as far as I know) used in studios, but is hyped as being so.

So, I caught the tram to the Purley way (they have a few electronics superstores down there). Went in Best Buy, didn't find a set I liked.

I went in Comet, who did have a good range of headphones, including the one I found on Tottenham Court Road. They also had various ones set up so you could listen to them with a variety of music (Jazz, Classical, Rock, Pop and Hip Hop). I tried various brands (AKG, Sony, Sennheiser and the aforementioned Beats by Dr Dre). Despite being the second most expensive, the Beats headphones sounded cheap on everything, despite being about £100.

The Sennheisers I chose (model HD205, which is also the same model I found up Tottenham Court Road) sounded excellent on all the types, and as a bonus were only £40.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:05   #2400
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Got a good set of headphones yesterday.

Went up Tottenham Court Road, figuring that I would find a better selection up there than locally. And, TBH, I did. Tried a few, found a set I liked for £60. I thought I'd look locally just in case, so went to Croydon yesterday.

The shops in the town centre had a huge range of earphones for MP3 players, but in terms of actual over-the-ear headphones, no one were really doing any for less than £80.

Dixons, who usually have a good selection of headphones were only really interested in selling the "Beats by Dr Dre" range. The problem with them is I wanted a brand that is known for manufacturing good quality headphones for studio use, not a brand that isn't (as far as I know) used in studios, but is hyped as being so.

So, I caught the tram to the Purley way (they have a few electronics superstores down there). Went in Best Buy, didn't find a set I liked.

I went in Comet, who did have a good range of headphones, including the one I found on Tottenham Court Road. They also had various ones set up so you could listen to them with a variety of music (Jazz, Classical, Rock, Pop and Hip Hop). I tried various brands (AKG, Sony, Sennheiser and the aforementioned Beats by Dr Dre). Despite being the second most expensive, the Beats headphones sounded cheap on everything, despite being about £100.

The Sennheisers I chose (model HD205, which is also the same model I found up Tottenham Court Road) sounded excellent on all the types, and as a bonus were only £40.
I`ve got the HD485 and they`re really good.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote