Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky starting customer trials of IPv6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BT promises to bring back customer service to UK contact centres

Old 19-09-2015, 09:56   #1
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
BT promises to bring back customer service to UK contact centres

About time to!

http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/bt-p...11364005181931
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-09-2015, 10:29   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BT promises to bring back customer service to UK contact centres

On the face of it this is a good move, but staffing costs in the UK are higher and if they offset that with reduced cover or poorer training, things could go very pear shaped.

Let us not forget, when this site was founded, NTL was providing shocking CS from exclusively UK-based offices ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 23:40   #3
marcuscable
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
marcuscable is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately foreign call centers have been the norm for ISP`s, dont think offers a good customer service at all, the language barrier and accent make a terrible customer experience.

Not to mention the economics for the country with outsourcing all these jobs abroad, think UK call centers is a major selling point and a false economy for the companies who are outsourcing.
marcuscable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:32   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Except that it's completely irrelevant where a call centre is. Some companies with offshore service get rated the best in customer service, some companies with UK call centres manage to be the worst.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 20:31   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
On the face of it this is a good move, but staffing costs in the UK are higher and if they offset that with reduced cover or poorer training, things could go very pear shaped.

Let us not forget, when this site was founded, NTL was providing shocking CS from exclusively UK-based offices ...
This is true however when I worked for NTL I was also a customer too, and regardless of how bad it could be it was never as bad as a standard Indian call centre. At least with those in the UK there's accountability, if you manage to get a name of someone you can report them. With Indian and Filipino call centres they know they can give you any word in their language and you'll have a tough time getting a complaint raised.

Also we tend to understand our own laws and customs too: a few years back when I was with HSBC I called them to report some fraudulent transactions on my account and the Indian agent said there was only so much he could do as he was "not familiar with UK laws".

I'm extremely against foreign call centre for many reasons, in India it's considered rude and almost a 'failure' for someone in a service role to not know the answer to things so often rather than say "I don't know" they'll simply ignore the question or answer a question that you didn't actually ask. Also many dont like to say 'no' so when you ask something to which they need to respond in the negative instead they'll simply give you a very vague answer and hope you pick up on the hint. I'm sorry but if I'm paying them my hard-earned money then I expect straightforward and up-front answers.

As such I have no problem paying extra for a service if it ensures I only get UK customer service.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 20:41   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Except that it's completely irrelevant where a call centre is. Some companies with offshore service get rated the best in customer service, some companies with UK call centres manage to be the worst.
Depends how they rate the call centres, virgin use NPS, which basically means the customer rates on the whole experience, you can have a good product and amazing technicians and an awful call centre staff but the figures get blurred by other factors
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote