Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 22:06   #1786
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I got a three month free trial of Google Music, which now also includes YouTube Music Key. You can upload 50 000 of your own songs into their locker and mix and match with their streaming service. Works really well on a Android device and has chromecast support.

Also has Songza built into the app which has sveral playlists, which change throught the day, to match your moods (working out, cooking dinner, Sunday night etc) and curtated by real DJs (not sure if that is a good thing).
I use Google Play Music and I like it. I like the fact that you can upload your own copy where the album isn't available in their library.

The only downside is that on the PC, it only seems to like Chrome, but it's not much of a problem.

I trialled Spotify a few months back and it seemed to be cluttered with additional stuff.
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2015, 22:44   #1787
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Showtime have now launched their stand alone service it is $10.99p/m or $8.99p/m if you have hulu+ showtimes new app is only on ios and roku at the moment but android, windows and firetv are coming soon.
You can grab a 30 day free trial (vpn or smart dns needed) via apple or roku or hulu+
more info www.showtime.com
Old 10-07-2015, 23:19   #1788
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Lifetime now offering standalone service for lifetime movies (usa for now) http://www.mylifetime.com/lifetime-m...710-July102015
Old 15-07-2015, 15:23   #1789
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I think i asked this previously but can anyone tell me if i can change the DNS setting on the Amazon Fire Stick so i could watch US Netflix on it as i can't change it on my router and don't currently have plans to get another router?

The reason i am asking is it is on offer at £19 today only and i can't change the DNS on my Chromecast.
Old 15-07-2015, 15:51   #1790
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I think i asked this previously but can anyone tell me if i can change the DNS setting on the Amazon Fire Stick so i could watch US Netflix on it as i can't change it on my router and don't currently have plans to get another router?

The reason i am asking is it is on offer at £19 today only and i can't change the DNS on my Chromecast.
You can. It's a little more involved on Amazon fire products. I'll find a link later

Edit:
http://www.eyeondemand.com/2014/12/3...for-smart-dns/

Works for both stick and box.
Old 15-07-2015, 15:56   #1791
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You can. It's a little more involved on Amazon fire products. I'll find a link later

Edit:

Thanks, you posted the link once before and I used it on the Fire TV successfully. I'm still waiting for my replacement FTV box (2 weeks now, bit slow Amazon) so I'd appreciate seeing it again for the new box (if & when).
Old 15-07-2015, 16:00   #1792
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks i have found a link where it says i need to enter an IP, i guess that is what you talked about?

Yes it was the same as your link thanks alot for the help i may snap it up now.
Old 15-07-2015, 16:18   #1793
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Thanks i have found a link where it says i need to enter an IP, i guess that is what you talked about?

Yes it was the same as your link thanks alot for the help i may snap it up now.
For some reason, the Fire box and stick needs a static IP address. I don't really understand these things, so just followed the instructions step by step.

All I needed to do on my WDTV and LG Bluray player was change the DNS numbers. Why the Fire boxes have to be different, I haven't got a clue!
Old 15-07-2015, 16:42   #1794
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I decided not to buy the Fire stick that is on offer for £19 today only, as i would have needed to signup to Amazon Prime at £79 a year which i didn't want!

I actually did signup and then cancelled it in 10mins for a full refund as they don't currently do the free months trial anymore, at some point i will just grab the stick at full price.
Old 15-07-2015, 17:01   #1795
kandinsky
cf.member

kandinsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I decided not to buy the Fire stick that is on offer for £19 today only, as i would have needed to signup to Amazon Prime at £79 a year which i didn't want!

I actually did signup and then cancelled it in 10mins for a full refund as they don't currently do the free months trial anymore, at some point i will just grab the stick at full price.
They do do the free months trial, I just signed up for it....

Old 15-07-2015, 17:07   #1796
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
They do do the free months trial, I just signed up for it....

Got a link as i clicked a free trial link and it said it wasn't available anymore?
Old 15-07-2015, 17:18   #1797
kandinsky
cf.member

kandinsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Got a link as i clicked a free trial link and it said it wasn't available anymore?
I used a new email address to sign up...

Old 15-07-2015, 17:21   #1798
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
I used a new email address to sign up...

Thanks for the tip, i probably won't signup now as i don't want to mess things up with the refund as it'll go on the same card, not for the sake of a few £ anyway.
Old 15-07-2015, 19:01   #1799
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Edit:

Thanks
Old 16-07-2015, 11:20   #1800
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Netflix CEO tells subscribers to brace for higher-priced plans in the future

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...r-priced-plans