Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 27-04-2013, 12:36   #796
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Pointless addition in my case, but for some it might be useful and interesting.
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2013, 14:15   #797
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

I appreciate that 'the Holy Grail' has not appeared yet, but you have to admit VM are racking up the channel launches this year.
Old 27-04-2013, 14:20   #798
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

With the demise of Discovery Travel and Living on 30th, it would be nice to get the Travel Channel. We will have no access to regular travel programmes and this would fill a legitimate gap.
Old 27-04-2013, 14:23   #799
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
I appreciate that 'the Holy Grail' has not appeared yet, but you have to admit VM are racking up the channel launches this year.
Yes they are doing very well but rest assured the Jonah's and Cassandra's of this world will have grunt and groan no matter what.
Old 27-04-2013, 15:06   #800
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
The amount of new channels added by Virgin, in just 4 months, is very impressive. I can't remember a time when so many new channels launched within such a short period, minus the Olympic channels last year of course.

I think it's a great strategy by Virgin. BT are set to launch their new TV service in the summer. The more HD and niche channels Virgin add, the bigger the gap becomes between what BT will offer and what you can get from Virgin.

Virgin have done well to add almost all popular HD channels. They've done well to add plenty of niche channels that customers had been demanding. If Virgin could add SKY Atlantic I think Virgin would have the best all round TV, broadband and phone package in the UK.
Old 27-04-2013, 15:10   #801
jst
Inactive

jst is on a distinguished roadjst is on a distinguished road

Mmmm had this for years on freesat in HD and never watched it
In Japan this channel is broadcast in 4k,I bet that won't be coming to virgin anytime soon.

There's more chance of getting that than Virgin getting Sky Atlantic HD
Old 27-04-2013, 15:23   #802
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Virgin have done well to add almost all popular HD channels. They've done well to add plenty of niche channels that customers had been demanding. If Virgin could add SKY Atlantic I think Virgin would have the best all round TV, broadband and phone package in the UK.
I for one would second that.
Old 27-04-2013, 15:28   #803
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
If Virgin could add SKY Atlantic I think Virgin would have the best all round TV, broadband and phone package in the UK.
Totally agree
Old 27-04-2013, 15:51   #804
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
If Virgin could add SKY Atlantic I think Virgin would have the best all round TV, broadband and phone package in the UK.
And thus a reason for Sky to withhold it.
Old 27-04-2013, 16:01   #805
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
And thus a reason for Sky to withhold it.
But for how much longer?.
Old 27-04-2013, 16:54   #806
Jameseh

We should do a sweepstake.

Old 27-04-2013, 18:12   #807
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The amount of new channels added by Virgin, in just 4 months, is very impressive. I can't remember a time when so many new channels launched within such a short period, minus the Olympic channels last year of course.

I think it's a great strategy by Virgin. BT are set to launch their new TV service in the summer. The more HD and niche channels Virgin add, the bigger the gap becomes between what BT will offer and what you can get from Virgin.
But BT have done deals for several 'XL' channels. I don't think the gap will be as big as people think.
Old 27-04-2013, 18:31   #808
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
But BT have done deals for several 'XL' channels. I don't think the gap will be as big as people think.
But momentum is everything HD and BT are very much on the back foot and in my humble opinion that does not bode well for their launch.
Old 27-04-2013, 18:53   #809
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

A lot of the channels they have added this year are fta, the broadcasters where probably begging VM to carry them.
Old 27-04-2013, 20:44   #810
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Can someone please explain to me why we are always getting new channels with the Zing and Zee background.

We have a French channel (dont know why ) then we have the Asain channels etc, then we have the stupid channels ie Africa Channel. But when customers want certain channels, we are kept waiting.

I can never understand that customers are crying out for channels ie Premier Sports and Atlantic the answer is a blatant no.
Closed Thread