Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 22:49   #2251
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Media Boy, take a look at your RTÉ listings, you seem to have added some digital TV channels to the radio channels in your listing, RTÉ Two HD and RTÉ jr, but haven't added RTÉ News Now or the original TV channels: RTÉ One and RTÉ Two. Do you have some specific information / reason for listing it this way?

Advertisement
Old 12-06-2013, 23:00   #2252
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Media Boy, take a look at your RTÉ listings, you seem to have added some digital TV channels to the radio channels in your listing, RTÉ Two HD and RTÉ jr, but haven't added RTÉ News Now or the original TV channels: RTÉ One and RTÉ Two. Do you have some specific information / reason for listing it this way?
As far as I know RTE One and RTE Two broadcasts right now on Virgin Channels 875 and 876 right now in Northern Ireland only.

My updated listing are base on this thread http://channelwiki.x10.mx/index.php/...K_%26_Ireland)

I did not know that RTE broadcast run a TV News Channel.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 12-06-2013, 23:16   #2253
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky Sports 2 to be rebranded as Sky Ashes.

Sky Sports are to rebrand Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports 2 HD as Sky Ashes and Sky Ashes HD from July 10th to August 26th.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...ashes-bt-sport
Great for cricket fans but do we seriously need this? A channel dedicated to cricket and England playing in the Ashes.

SKY need to remember there are plenty of people in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland who subscribe to SKY Sports who don't give a toss about cricket...... especially the England team. To other home nation countries, especially Scotland, cricket is a niche sport.

My brother just downsized his Sports package with Virgin from the full SKY Sports package to just SKY Sports 1 & 2. Basically that is one of his 2 sports channels ruined for almost 2 months.
Old 12-06-2013, 23:22   #2254
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
As far as I know RTE One and RTE Two broadcasts right now on Virgin Channels 875 and 876 right now in Northern Ireland only.

My updated listing are base on this thread http://channelwiki.x10.mx/index.php/...K_%26_Ireland)

These channels will never broadcast here (mainland Britain), so I'd suggest they get removed from the list.
Old 12-06-2013, 23:26   #2255
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
These channels will never broadcast here (mainland Britain), so I'd suggest they get removed from the list.
Maybe the TV Channels will not appear.

But maybe the Radio Channels will as - RTE Radio 1 broadcasts right now on Virgin Channel 917 in old Telewest areas.

I will think about removing the TV Channels on the next update.
Old 12-06-2013, 23:30   #2256
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

RTE is the state broadcaster of Ireland, Southern Ireland that is. They have the Irish rights to shows such as Eastenders. So there is zero chance these tv channels will appear in Britain. For political reasons, NI although in the UK, is allowed to have the RTE tv channels.
Old 12-06-2013, 23:37   #2257
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

June 2013 update

Keep up-to-date on what broadcasters own and do not own.

NOTE: The post will be updated every time Virgin Media signs no deal with broadcasters or when an new channels is set to launch from that broadcaster.

==== Virgin Media's Deals with broadcasters ===
List last updated on June 12th 2013.

Welcome to the all new look of this part of the list.

When deals with broadcasters run out Virgin Media need to sign new one to keep that Channel on Virgin TV.
Here is an list of channel that Virgin may get when they old deal runs out with that broadcaster:
Also Radio channels are broadcasting on Digital Radio via Freesat, Freeview, Freesat from Sky or Sky.

NOTE: Shopping Channels NOW ADDED to this list and only Broadcasts who has got some Channels broadcasting on Virgin Media right now appeared on this list. To start broadcasting soon = That channel has still to start broadcasting on Sky, Freesat or Freeview.

=== TV and Radio Channels: ===
=== Own by A+E Networks UK (A+E Networks/British Sky Broadcasting) ===
-Bio. + 1
-CI HD
-CI +1
-HISTORY HD
-Lifetime (Set to launch in late 2013.)

=== Own by Active Channel Limited ===
-The Active Channel

=== Own by Al Jazeera ===
-Jeem.TV

=== Own by ARY Group ===
-ARY Qtv
-ARY Oneworld

=== Own by BET International Inc (Viacom) ===
-BET: Black Ent Tv
-BET: Black Ent Tv +1

=== Own by British Sky Broadcasting ===
-Pick TV +1
-Sky1 +1
-Sky 3D
-Sky Atlantic
-Sky Atlantic +1
-Sky Atlantic HD
-Sky News HD
-SkyPoker.com
-Sky Sports F1 HD
-Sky Sports 3 HD
-Sky Sports 4 HD
-Sky Sports News HD

=== Own by British Sky Broadcasting/Abu Dhabi Media Investment Corporation ===
-Sky News Arabia

=== Own by British Telecommunications Plc ===
-BT Sports 1 (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-BT Sports 1 HD (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-BT Sports 2 (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-BT Sports 2 HD (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-ESPN [From BT] (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)
-ESPN HD [From BT] (To launch on August 1st on Astra.)

=== Own by CBS Chellozone UK Channels Partnership ===
-CBS Reality +1
-Horror +1
-Reality TV

=== Own by Channel Four Television Corporation ===
-More 4 HD

=== Own by CSC Media Group ===
-Bliss
-BuzMuzik
-Chart Show TV
-Chart Show TV Dance
-Flava
-Kix
-POP
-Pop Girl
-Pop Girl +1
-Scuzz
-The Vault
-Tiny Pop +1

=== Own by Disney-ABC Television Group ===
-Disney Channel HD
-Disney Junior +
-Disney Junior HD
-Disney XD HD

=== Own by Entertainment Networks (UK) Limited (Sony Pictures Television) ===
-More Than Movies
-More Than Movies +1
-Movies 4 Men
-Movies 4 Men +1

=== Own by ESPN Inc. (until July 31st 2013) ===
-ESPN America HD (Channel will close on July 31st).

=== Own by Fox International Channels (News Corporation) ===
-FOX +1

=== Own by The Genuine Gemstone Company ===
-TGGC Outlet

=== Own by Global Music Television (Global Radio) ===
-Capital FM TV
-Heart FM TV

=== Own by Ideal Shopping Direct plc ===
-Ideal Extra
-The Deal Channel

=== Own by IndiaCast (Viacom18) ===
-MTV India (Channel set to launch on Astra)

=== Own by Moving Movies Ltd. (CSC Media Group) ===
-True Drama
-True Movies 2

=== Own by MTV Networks Europe ===
-MTV CLASSIC
-MTV HD
-MTV LIVE
-MTV MUSIC
-MTV +1

=== Own by Multi Screen Media (Sony Pictures Television) ===
-Sahara One

=== Own by NGC-UK Partnership (National Geographic Society/Fox International Channels) ===
-Nat Wild HD

=== Own by Nickelodeon UK (MTV Networks Europe/British Sky Broadcasting) ===
-Nickelodeon HD
-Nick Jr. +1

=== Own by Paramount UK Partnership (Paramount British Pictures/British Sky Broadcasting) ===
-Comedy Central Extra +1

=== Own by Premier Media ===
-Premier Sports
-Premier Sports Xtra

=== Own by QVC (Liberty Media) ===
-QVC Beauty
-Sparkle TV
-Twinkle TV

=== Own by Raidió Teilifís Éireann ===
-RTÉ 2fm
-RTÉ lyric fm
-RTE Radio 1 (Broadcasts in Ex-Telewest areas right now).
-RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta

=== Own by Real & Smooth Ltd [Was GMG Radio] (Global Radio) ===
-Real Radio Wales

=== Own by Scripps Networks Interactive ===
-Food Network
-Food Network +1

=== Own by Sony Pictures Television ===
-Sony Entertainment Television +1
-Sony Movie Channel
-Sony Movie Channel +1

=== Own by STAR TV (News Corporation) ===
-STAR Jalsha
-STAR Plus HD

=== Own by TIML Radio Limited ===
-Absolute 90s

=== Own by Travel Channel International Ltd. (Scripps Networks Interactive) ===
-Travel Channel
-Travel Channel + 1

=== Own by UKTV ===
-Drama (To launch on July 8th 2013 on Freeview).

=== Own by United Christian Broadcasters ===
-UCB TV
-UCB Bible
-UCB Gospel
-UCB Inspiration
-UCB Ireland

=== Own by Universal Networks International ===
-E! HD
-Universal Channel HD

=== Own by Zee Entertainment Enterprises ===
-ZEE News

=== Media Boy Extra info: ===
Liberty Global - http://www.lgi.com/
Media Boy Blog - For all things Virgin TV - http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/
See Virgin Media on ''twitter'' here - http://twitter.com/virginmedia
See Nialli's blog on Virgin Media High Definition & TiVo Services here - http://vmhd.blogspot.com/

=== Ask Media Boy ===
Last updated May 6th 2013.

Q: WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT VIRGIN MEDIA FROM?
A: I get all my info from Virgin Media viewers, some Virgin Media workers (I called them Virgin Insiders) and Web Sites (NOTE: When I used web sites I will post an link to that web site).

Q: WILL I NEED TO WATCH MY DISNEY CINEMAGIC PROGRAMMES ON MY V+ OR TIVO BOX BY MARCH 27TH?
A: No Virgin Media viewers have until June 28th to watch recorded Disney Cinemagic programmes.

Q: WHY AM I NOT GETTING ''RTE RADIO'' OR ''WRN RADIO'' FOR?
A: RTE Radio and WRN Radio do not broadcast in Ex-ntl and Ex-Cable & Wireless areas - yet.

==== See you later ===
List last updated on June 12th 2013.

Next update: July 1st - maybe sooner.

Did I miss anything??? If I did tell me and it will appear on the next update.

THIS UPDATED WAS TO REMOVED THE RTE TV CHANNELS FROM THE LIST OF BROADCASTERS.

©copyright 2013 Media Boy 2006 - 2013. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Old 13-06-2013, 01:04   #2258
jj20x

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
RTE is the state broadcaster of Ireland, Southern Ireland that is. They have the Irish rights to shows such as Eastenders. So there is zero chance these tv channels will appear in Britain. For political reasons, NI although in the UK, is allowed to have the RTE tv channels.
I would tend to agree with Horizon, it would cost Ireland too much to acquire broadcast rights for the UK. This is a similar situation to Germany making its channels available free to air to German speaking neighbours in Austria and Switzerland. Because of the relative population sizes, Germany can afford to buy rights for the entire German speaking region. With smaller populations, it is uneconomical for Austria and Switzerland to purchase rights for the whole German speaking region, so they encrypt their satellite channels. The same situation applies because of the relative population size of Ireland compared to that of the UK.

If you check the RTÉ Player, very few programmes on the main channels are available for viewing in the UK, with mainly news and locally produced content being available. Similarly, the RTÉ News Now channel can be watched by viewers in the UK. Mainly of interest to Irish ex-pat.s but because of the size of Ireland, much of the news is similar to what we would see on the local news, so not of great interest to the UK as a whole.

So I can't see the RTÉ TV channels coming any time soon.

As for Radio, their Radio 1 channel was available on long wave to the whole of the British Isles, to serve Irish people living in the UK, which is probably why Telewest carried that channel. Although I can see the logic in this channel being made available to all VM customers, there's no real reason to bring the other music channels to the network. That said, all broadcast analogue and digital radio channels from RTÉ are available to UK listeners online, without restriction. So radio is a grey area, there's no real reason why the channels shouldn't appear but probably not very much demand for them. It's also possible that RTÉ may wish to switch the channel from RTÉ Radio One to RTÉ Choice at some point.

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

Quote:
Sky Sports are to rebrand Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports 2 HD as Sky Ashes and Sky Ashes HD from July 10th to August 26th.
I wish they wouldn't do this to be honest, I find these temporary rebrands annoying. I wonder how much it actually costs them to have these name changes registered on their Ofcom licences.

Old 13-06-2013, 03:19   #2259
jj20x

BBC Red Button stream placeholders on channels 992 and 993 have now been added.

A promo loop is now showing on the Red Button HD stream on Freeview, so I would imagine this will soon start on VM channel 994.

Old 13-06-2013, 08:31   #2260
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:

VM carry
875 RTE1
876 RTE2
877 TG4

Certain programming gets blacked out (e.g. CL footie, ROI internationals etc).

Freeview HD boxes can pick up raw transmissions of these plus TV3, RTE2HD etc in much of NI as well as the restricted broadcasts that VM have.
Old 13-06-2013, 09:28   #2261
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Great for cricket fans but do we seriously need this? A channel dedicated to cricket and England playing in the Ashes.

SKY need to remember there are plenty of people in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland who subscribe to SKY Sports who don't give a toss about cricket...... especially the England team. To other home nation countries, especially Scotland, cricket is a niche sport.

My brother just downsized his Sports package with Virgin from the full SKY Sports package to just SKY Sports 1 & 2. Basically that is one of his 2 sports channels ruined for almost 2 months.
WTF? There are plenty of people who don't give a toss about football. Why should people miss shows on ITV 4 for example because there is boring bunch of over paid primadonnas trying to cheat another bunch of overpaid primadonnas? Why should fans of Corrie (and other primetime shows) miss out on their programs because a bigger bunch of talentless, in it for the money "footballers" are forcing themselves to play for "free" in England internationals.
The cricketing broadcasting day starts at 10 and ends at 8 normally anyway. What else could a non-cricket fan hope to see? Re-runs of The Premiership Years? Perhaps some rugby highlights, but I doubt the other home nations would care to watch re-runs of England rugby games.
There are many fans of Cricket in the home nations who will be glad of this. I think it is great of Sky to do this.
Why should Cricket fans suffer, when for most of the year football is shoved in peoples faces? Not everyone who has sports likes football either. Tennis, golf, snooker, pool, darts, rugby are all niche sports too, and many people will gladly watch all these sports, but turn off the football. Would there be the same issues if Sky continually dedicated a channel to tournaments on these sports? (I.e. 4 days of pure golf, followed by x number days of pure tennis, followed 2 weeks of pure Rubgy etc.)
How is Skys fault if your brother downsizes his Sky sports package. Why doesn't your brother just drop Sky Sports for two months, what sport will he actually miss?
Your posts are usually excellent Chad, but I feel you are well of the mark here
Old 13-06-2013, 09:32   #2262
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

I don't see the point in renaming. It's a gimmick.
Skyfall is coming to sky movies on July 1st so expect another bout of 007 channel around that time.
It doesn't bother me though, just dont see the point.
As for the lions tour. I swear only sky care. Nobody else seems to. Even rugby fans
Old 13-06-2013, 10:00   #2263
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice

By the same token we could have other rebrandings such as

Dave = Top Gear TV
Comedy Central = The Friends Channel
History = Storage Wars FX

etc, etc

Old 13-06-2013, 10:03   #2264
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy View Post

Dave = Top Gear TV

etc, etc

E4 = The Big Bang Theory channel
Old 13-06-2013, 10:17   #2265
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy View Post

Dave = Top Gear TV

etc, etc

Well said. Here's a few:

National Geographic: Air Crash Investigation Service
Nick Junior: Peppa Pig Channel

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

Media Boy, you put on your blog that Sky Sports 2 HD is on Virgin channel 517. Did you mean the channel was on Virgin channel 518
Closed Thread