Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2008, 08:17   #766
confucious

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Oooh! A tiger!

I like Sky 1

Advertisement
Old 13-11-2008, 08:56   #767
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Post Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
Which bit of the "8am" part of the announcement did we not get ???
I woke up at 06:30 and they were all there so I guess they must have started at 06:00 as I had expected.

I stayed up to watch my MSF Anthorn (formerly Rugby) signal controlled clock change from BST to GMT (UTC+0) but fell asleep at 01:50 BST, so I missed it. I have seen it happen before though.

Basically what I'm saying is ... I need to get a hobby.

Staying up to see if an EPG update happens or if winter kicked in at the alloted time is just sad.
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 13-11-2008, 11:48   #768
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

UKTV History becomes Yesterday

UKTV History will be named Yesterday in the next phase of UKTV's global rebranding strategy.

The broadcaster, which achieved huge success when it rebranded UKTV G2 to Dave last year – and recently rebranded UKTV People as Blighty and UKTV Documentary as Eden – will relaunch the channel early
next year.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2..._rebrands.html

Info from Broadcast now.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 13-11-2008, 11:57   #769
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
UKTV History becomes Yesterday

UKTV History will be named Yesterday in the next phase of UKTV's global rebranding strategy.

The broadcaster, which achieved huge success when it rebranded UKTV G2 to Dave last year – and recently rebranded UKTV People as Blighty and UKTV Documentary as Eden – will relaunch the channel early
next year.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2..._rebrands.html

Info from Broadcast now.
Wow! Imagine that meeting. Surely 'Yesteryear' would have been moderately better but, come on, how much did they pay some PR firm for that?

So, UKTV History is a thing of the past then.
Old 13-11-2008, 12:11   #770
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The list has now been update - see post 1.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle View Post
So maybe he really is the guy in his picture. We shall have to call him Sir from now on.

Actually, AFAIK, MediaBoy is primarily a BSkyB customer and just has one VBox in his vast mansion.
I wish I was him or his son.
Old 13-11-2008, 12:57   #771
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Quote:
The list has now been update - see post 1.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

I wish I was him or his son.
Now that I see your personal info. I can see I was wrong:-

Services: Freeview, Freesat from Sky & Virgin TV (Ex-TW) Size XL TV Pack, Sky Sports & Movies package with V+

I still think you are Sir Richard and that's how you get all of this dodgy inside information.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Quote:
I am just an Virgin TV viewer all news I get is from The Web or from the media.
Perhaps AndrewC23 is really Sir Richard then. They're both dyslexic.
Old 13-11-2008, 14:09   #772
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Now that I see your personal info. I can see I was wrong:-

Services: Freeview, Freesat from Sky & Virgin TV (Ex-TW) Size XL TV Pack, Sky Sports & Movies package with V+

I still think you are Sir Richard and that's how you get all of this dodgy inside information.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Perhaps AndrewC23 is really Sir Richard then. They're both dyslexic.
..... if i was him i owuldnt be worried about the finacial criis an di would have a fibre connection in my house i also live in remote place rather than a town
Old 13-11-2008, 15:05   #773
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I have been told that the following channels will appear on both networks of Virgin TV before 2009:

Wedding TV - I have no channel number but will join the XL Pack.
Daystar TV - I have no channel number but will join the XL Pack.
National Geographic +1 on Ex-Telewest on Virgin Channel 231.
History Channel +1 on Ex-Telewest on Virgin Channel 235.
BBC One England on Ex-Telewest on Virgin Channel 861.
BBC One Scotland on Ex-Telewest on Virgin Channel 862.
BBC One Northern Ireland on Ex-Telewest on Virgin Channel 863.
BBC One Wales on Ex-Telewest on Virgin channel 864.
BBC Two England on Ex-Telewest on Virgin Channel 865.
BBC Radio 4 LW on Ex-ntl on Virgin Channel 911.
And BBC Radio Scotland, BBC Radio Wales, BBC Radio Ulster, BBC Radio nan Gaidheal and BBC Radio Cymru on Ex-Telewest on Virgin Channels TBC.
Old 13-11-2008, 20:19   #774
kezar
Inactive

kezar is an unknown quantity at this point

not a chance of HD channels then
Old 13-11-2008, 20:37   #775
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezar View Post
not a chance of HD channels then
The latest I know is Virgin Media are still in talks with Sky over up to 15 of Sky's HD Channels that Virgin Media hope is coming to Virgin within the next SIX weeks.
Old 13-11-2008, 20:55   #776
squealy
Inactive

Services: V+, XL TV, Sky Sports/Movies, M broadband and phone
squealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of lightsquealy is a glorious beacon of light

I don't suppose there's any chance they're in talks about Sky Interactive services as well are they?
Old 13-11-2008, 21:05   #777
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealy View Post
I don't suppose there's any chance they're in talks about Sky Interactive services as well are they?
Sky HD is all I know about.
Old 13-11-2008, 23:27   #778
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealy View Post
I'm not familiar with the Sky's interactive services but I'd have thought that was something Virgin would supply their own version of albeit, perhaps, through a third party supplier. Anyway, if Sky have something that gives them an edge with some customers, why would they supply it to Virgin, other than for the revenue of course, and potentially risk losing customers to Virgin who have the edge in other areas?
Old 14-11-2008, 00:02   #779
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
I'm not familiar with the Sky's interactive services but I'd have thought that was something Virgin would supply their own version of albeit, perhaps, through a third party supplier. Anyway, if Sky have something that gives them an edge with some customers, why would they supply it to Virgin, other than for the revenue of course, and potentially risk losing customers to Virgin who have the edge in other areas?
Many sporting events are only available via the Red Button on Sky Sports, means cable customers miss out.
Old 14-11-2008, 07:25   #780
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
Many sporting events are only available via the Red Button on Sky Sports, means cable customers miss out.
Which is why the pay tv invesgation by ofcom is probally going ot make interactive and hd channel part of the rate card be cause sky ar eusing it to get one over ther ecompettion
Closed Thread