Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 15-07-2015, 22:17   #901
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
This reminds me of the first time i used Windows 7 when i moved from Vista, its that sort of change. Windows 8 has been eradicated from my memory all ready
very glad your liking windows 10
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2015, 05:29   #902
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I assume 10240 is the latest build? If so, got that downloading as we speak.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 06:15   #903
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
very glad your liking windows 10
It's very good but lets face it anything would have been better than windows 8.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 08:28   #904
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Ooh, ever closer to RTM. Will download at lunchtime.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 08:31   #905
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
Ooh, ever closer to RTM. Will download at lunchtime.
Various sites are reporting this build is RTM, i guess it could still not be though.
Old 16-07-2015, 11:09   #906
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

downloading now
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 11:15   #907
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Various sites are reporting this build is RTM, i guess it could still not be though.
Maybe, but given that Mcirosoft likes to name their general release builds with as xx00 (Windows 7 was 7600, 8 was 9200 and 8.1 9600) then I think we'll be seeing an update to 10300 before long.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 11:21   #908
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
It's very good but lets face it anything would have been better than windows 8.
+1
Old 16-07-2015, 12:29   #909
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Will be updating my laptop tonight, that had the last build on it and was working fine. This will mean both my pc's will be on the latest build.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 13:21   #910
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

I liked 8 to be honest. I liked that more than Vista. It seems they do one good release, then a rubbish release, and so on.

Updated here, only one small complaint. Which is not even really that important, just something that bugs the bloody life out of me. The taskbar at the bottom, when I highlight something it stays highlighted. Tried holding shift and right clicking, doesn't solve it.
Old 16-07-2015, 15:34   #911
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Updating now, had a bit of a problem as the download was stuck on 15% when i turned PC off last night and it didn't restart this afternoon, restarting the Windows update service fixed that on the 3rd try though.
Old 16-07-2015, 16:35   #912
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I liked 8 to be honest. I liked that more than Vista. It seems they do one good release, then a rubbish release, and so on.

Updated here, only one small complaint. Which is not even really that important, just something that bugs the bloody life out of me. The taskbar at the bottom, when I highlight something it stays highlighted. Tried holding shift and right clicking, doesn't solve it.
VISTA was rubbish.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 16:46   #913
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
VISTA was rubbish.
Not for me, I also never had a problem with Windows 8.

All installed on latest build now, seems to be working fine so far.

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Just started playing with Edge, I love the speed so may give it ago when adblock works and other addons.
Old 16-07-2015, 18:41   #914
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post

Traditionally versions of Windows have pretty much followed the reverse of the Star Trek rule, which states that the even numbered films are better than the odd numbered films (1 was pretty boring unless you are seriously into SciFi, 2 was an excellent thriller, 3 was OK, 4 was good, 5 was terrible, 6 was the best of the original movies). With Windows it's traditionally been the odd numbered versions that have been good and the even that haven't been as good.

Personally I never really had a problem with either Vista or 8 (apart from an active hatred of the "Start Screen" which always seemed like nothing more than a way to force us to get used to Windows Tablets.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 20:35   #915
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

And the dreaded thumbnails problem is back. Grrr. And now I am stuck, I either install 10130 again, or go back to 8. This is not good enough by MS.