Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Modem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Modem

Old 02-04-2012, 11:12   #31
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart
Re: New Modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Not when 8 downstream channels get enabled.
They won't use 8 downstream channels for 120 Meg anyway!
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 11:14   #32
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Not when 8 downstream channels get enabled.
That will be a dark day!!

Super Hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
So we can stick with our super modem VMNG300?
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:14   #33
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Of course they will eventually, there are people on this forum with 8 DS channels on 30 and 50!
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:20   #34
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Of course they will eventually, there are people on this forum with 8 DS channels on 30 and 50!
My 30 Meg had 5 DS channels (before was 4) on my superhub
Old 02-04-2012, 11:21   #35
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
My 30 Meg had 5 DS channels (before was 4) on my superhub
Same here but not everyone has 5 some have 6-7 or 8! And i expect my 5 to increase especially when i get more than 1 up stream channel.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:23   #36
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Same here but not everyone has 5 some have 6-7 or 8! And i expect my 5 to increase especially when i get more than 1 up stream channel.
So if everyone gets 8 VMNG300 will not work. How many channels can it do.

Is that why they want people off the VMNG300 eventually?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:26   #37
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
So if everyone gets 8 VMNG300 will not work. How many channels can it do.

Is that why they want people off the VMNG300 eventually?
I believe the VMNG300 can only do 4 down stream channels, so yes that is why it won't work.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:28   #38
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
I believe the VMNG300 can only do 4 down stream channels, so yes that is why it won't work.
VM need to get a new modem or superhub then before they go over to 8 channels in all areas.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30   #39
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
VM need to get a new modem or superhub then before they go over to 8 channels in all areas.
They have no need to do that the Superhub is ok for most people especially now you can put it in modem only mode and use a router.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:32   #40
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
They have no need to do that the Superhub is ok for most people especially now you can put it in modem only mode and use a router.
Hopefully it will thrive when 8 channels are introduced.

I threw my super Hub out the window the other day lol.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:35   #41
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Do you mean modem only mode is going to switch off wi-fi and use my router as the wi-fi instead ? Like superhub (modem only) via my Netgear Router DGND3700 for 300+300Mbps Wi-Fi.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:40   #42
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Do you mean modem only mode is going to switch off wi-fi and use my router as the wi-fi instead ? Like superhub (modem only) via my Netgear Router DGND3700 for 300+300Mbps Wi-Fi.
You can select modem only mode in the Superhub, this will allow you to use your own router for wifi.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Quote:
Hopefully it will thrive when 8 channels are introduced.

I threw my super Hub out the window the other day lol.
Haha hope the window was open!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:28   #43
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
You can select modem only mode in the Superhub, this will allow you to use your own router for wifi.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Haha hope the window was open!
Ha ha was only joking but phoned VM they didn't want it back.
Old 02-04-2012, 13:33   #44
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ha ha was only joking but phoned VM they didn't want it back.
Surely VMNG300 is still belong to Virgin Media property and I was surprise that Virgin Media doesn't want it back, mean your to kept!
Old 02-04-2012, 13:47   #45
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
Surely VMNG300 is still belong to Virgin Media property and I was surprise that Virgin Media doesn't want it back, mean your to kept!
Try that again lol.