Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 04-04-2012, 21:30   #136
kafui
Inactive

Services: Services:Virgin Media XL Broadband,500GB TiVo box, XL TV and M Phone
kafui is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

BenMcr could you please clarify my post 132?
kafui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 22:51   #137
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafui View Post
BenMcr could you please clarify my post 132?
I think they are counting the Sky Premium SD and HD versions seperately
Old 05-04-2012, 06:40   #138
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
So, you now have to set up all your series links and whishlists again. Sounds like a nightmare to me! Hope you didn't have any un viewed recordings on there.
Replacing the Tivo was unneccesary and gave the installer more work than he needed.

Had quite a bit to watch but some will be ondemand luckily so can still get them.

My old Tivo had a penchant for last of the summer wine which i had marked with 3 thumbs down but it still recorded it.

Really glad he changed the V+ box to the newer model though (there was nothing recorded on the old one) as it is superfast.
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:50   #139
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

So, have I got this right ?
I am already on the Vip 50 with the vmng300 modem. If I ring up and ask to be put on to the new collections which looking at it, the only difference is 100mb instead of 50mb, I will have to have the superhub and install, which would also have an install fee ? + a new 12 month contract.
Or if I do nothing at the moment I will be eventually upgraded to 100 mb as per the upgrade and no new contract.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56   #140
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
which would also have an install fee ?
Just going through the purchase options on the website it seems new customers can get the package with a free install.

Would a long term customer not be able to switch to collections with the same deal that a new customer would get? ...for long term loyalty
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:15   #141
AGray
Inactive

AGray is an unknown quantity at this point

The small print i was seeing was saying the new Collection options would be 18 months not 12 also.

If you do go onto the new Collection bundles, do any previous loyalty discounts stay on as well (Or get better?). Currently im paying all in about £54 for XL everything with 1x V+ box, so the Collection bundles do interest me somewhat.
AGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16   #142
kafui
Inactive

[QUOTE=AGray;35409965]The small print i was seeing was saying the new Collection options would be 18 months not 12 also.

Not according to this in the mediacentre press release:

http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/S...ices-2397.aspx
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24   #143
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

Ok,.. I confirm three things after getting off the phone to retentions and switching to premier collections.

1) Free tivo install, same as a new customer.
2) Can have loyalty discounts.
3) 12 month contract not 18.

cheers
Old 05-04-2012, 10:31   #144
kafui
Inactive

@ Sherlock is activation free???
Old 05-04-2012, 10:39   #145
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

No charges at all, just the change of services and new monthly bill

I got Premier collections with upgraded phone to XL and keep V+ box as 2nd box instead of V HD box with a loyalty discount.

I must say, I'm always happy when I get off the phone to retentions when out of contract.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:52   #146
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGray View Post
The small print i was seeing was saying the new Collection options would be 18 months not 12 also.

If you do go onto the new Collection bundles, do any previous loyalty discounts stay on as well (Or get better?). Currently im paying all in about £54 for XL everything with 1x V+ box, so the Collection bundles do interest me somewhat.
It's 18 months for new customers with the six month offer

Existing customers get 12 months

Relations may have other options with the Collections but your existing bundle adjustments would be removed

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Oh and Relation deals are now time limited to a year or so, rather than indefinate as they were
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31   #147
mattyboyr
Inactive

mattyboyr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just tried my luck at getting the Premiere collection without the extra V HD box.

I currently have:

BB - L30
TV - M+
Phone - M
Tivo 500gb

I have no use for a second box and was hoping that I might get everything all in for around £52.40 (£58.90 full price for Premiere less £6.50 for the unwanted multiroom room box).

I was told that in order to get the £58.90 price I had to take the second box.

After repeating that I did not want a second box I was told that I could, however, have BB60, TVXL and Phone M without said box for £59.40.

Needless to say, i declined the offer.
mattyboyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 13:19   #148
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyboyr View Post
I have just tried my luck at getting the Premiere collection without the extra V HD box.

I currently have:

BB - L30
TV - M+
Phone - M
Tivo 500gb

I have no use for a second box and was hoping that I might get everything all in for around £52.40 (£58.90 full price for Premiere less £6.50 for the unwanted multiroom room box).

I was told that in order to get the £58.90 price I had to take the second box.

After repeating that I did not want a second box I was told that I could, however, have BB60, TVXL and Phone M without said box for £59.40.

Needless to say, i declined the offer.
What would happen if the price was right & you did not want a second box?
Something along these lines perhaps Were do you want the second box - any were you like I do not have a TV for it. Put in but not connected.That nearly happen when I had my TiVo ( I did not want it just wanted the lower price) So found old CRTv put on floor & let him get on with it. Swapped back when he went. Saving £10.50 per month. Crazy but there you go.
Old 05-04-2012, 17:33   #149
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having absolute nightmare getting changed to the Premiere collection. Originally on 31st march I was called by virgin offering me the package but the call cut off when we were about to arrange for a superhub to be sent out as I only have a standard modem, i left it a few days to see if I gaot a call back but didn't so i decided to call retentions. The 1st person I spoke at retentions set me up on Premiere and said a superhub would be sent out. about 10 minutes after the call I lost my internet and it looked as if the 1st person had somehow tried to send a 60mb config file my modem. So after trying the usual rebooting of the modem and still not having any internet I called retentions back.

I explained to the 2nd person what I thought had happened and they agreed. They said that they would have to change me back to my previous package to get my internet back on and would call me back in a few days after I had recieved my hub to set me up on Premiere again. Thinking this was now all sorted out I waited for about 45 minutes for my internet to come back on doing the usual stuff again but nothing happened so called back again.

The 3rd person I spoke to confirmed that I had been put back onto my previous package but also said that the 1st person I spoke to had closed the sale down as if it was an office internal change of service that didn't require any new equipment. They then passed me through to faults to see if they could get me back online. They couldn't and booked an engineer, however the next day my modem came back to life so I cancelled the engineer.

I'm now waiting for the 2nd person to ring me back and i've still not recieved a hub yet.
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 20:20   #150
Nikolic
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection
Nikolic is an unknown quantity at this point

Upgraded to the VIP collection today. Installation of Tivo box arranged for next Wednesday. Just wondering when can I expect my broadband to upgrade to 100mb from 30mb currently? Also will I get the Sky HD channels from next Wednesday too?
Nikolic is offline   Reply With Quote