Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 23:01   #211
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Its the same size as it was this morning, oops that was something else. Just checked and my nose is also same size. Im not that wooden nose guy thing
now now behave you dark side pest remember it a family forum
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2013, 23:03   #212
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
now now behave you dark side pest
eerrrrmmmm im no pest i am the lord masters servant
Old 07-08-2013, 23:08   #213
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
eerrrrmmmm im no pest i am the lord masters servant
yes your the masters pesty servant mate but colin close second
Old 07-08-2013, 23:09   #214
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
yes your the pesty masters servant mate
Fair do's
Old 07-08-2013, 23:14   #215
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Downgraded to M+ guys, so my channel selection is definitely limited now!
However, where money is to be saved, money is to be saved!
Old 08-08-2013, 00:23   #216
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Here comes a history lesson.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-exercise.html

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/news/1007965/

Need I say more?

OK, then. The deal also secured us Sky On Demand, which was a real plus for me.
1) you linked to a Daily Mail article from 2010. The BBC are launching both channels in HD, so I doubt they have plans to scrap them.

2) yes the sale of Virgin Media Television, not there stake in UKTV, you know the UKTV that runs Watch/Dave/Alibi, joint owned by the BBC and Scripps
Old 08-08-2013, 00:40   #217
jj20x

Quote:
Talking to my insiders about whats coming soon to VM TV
That shouldn't have taken very long...

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
=== Own by Radio Caroline Ltd. ===
-Radio Caroline (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
As much as I would like to see Radio Caroline join VM, I can't see an organisation funded by voluntary donations from its listeners and support group having the financial stability to make this happen.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:07   #218
mattfrn
Inactive

Services: Premium collection
mattfrn is on a distinguished roadmattfrn is on a distinguished road

You know i think the talks are quite complex, Firstly virgin probably want it on the xltv pack but i,m sure BT want to be able to say its only free as a BT broadband customer (I think this is a bit of a loss leader for them to get new broadband customers.). Secondly multiroom I,m sure BT dont want the only place you can get it on multiroom is Virgin. Lastly Virginmedia anywhere, i,m sure Virgin want this on their service at least on the pc like sky sports if not on the IPAD but BT have a thing for their customers for 2 devices and pretty sure its not on sky anytime. Quite alot to talk about and BT wanting to keep their USP and defo not gave Virgin a USP on their product, plus the old cost thing lol.

---------- Post added at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

Bit of topic but i was offered sky sports half price for 3 months to stay with Virgin but I only have sports 1 and 2 should i not get 3 and 4 as well?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:22   #219
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Liberty chief sets out Virgin growth plans.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/b...059033.article
Old 08-08-2013, 08:47   #220
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

I see Sky have trademarked the name Sky Bravo and haven't ruled out a relaunch of the old Bravo channel. If VM do manage to get SA does anyone think that Sky will then launch Sky Bravo and have that as its new exclusive channel?

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/b...contentID=2319
Old 08-08-2013, 08:56   #221
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

wouldn't surprise me if they did, and start switching programs across!.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:58   #222
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
I see Sky have trademarked the name Sky Bravo and haven't ruled out a relaunch of the old Bravo channel. If VM do manage to get SA does anyone think that Sky will then launch Sky Bravo and have that as its new exclusive channel?

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/b...contentID=2319
Cant rule it out but any relation to the original Bravo will be in all but name methinks
Old 08-08-2013, 10:04   #223
XxDanoxX
Inactive

XxDanoxX will become famous soon enoughXxDanoxX will become famous soon enoughXxDanoxX will become famous soon enough

Just heard from the CEO office - they hope to have something in place by the end of August - they are working hard to bring BT Sports to VM.

My feedback was :
Communication is all wrong - just look at the facebook, you're not controlling expectation in the slightest, your front line staff must be fed up to the back teeth with it.

Sky Atlantic (Confirmed as not in discussions) - I said I value this channel more than BT sports but being on XL if you do not beef up the offering, I will reduce my spending with VM and aquire the content I want from elsewhere - this is is 100% a failing laid squarely at VM's door. Get your customers what they want or they will take their money and spend it elsewhere.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:09   #224
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDanoxX View Post
Just heard from the CEO office - they hope to have something in place by the end of August - they are working hard to bring BT Sports to VM.

My feedback was :
Communication is all wrong - just look at the facebook, you're not controlling expectation in the slightest, your front line staff must be fed up to the back teeth with it.

Sky Atlantic (Confirmed as not in discussions) - I said I value this channel more than BT sports but being on XL if you do not beef up the offering, I will reduce my spending with VM and aquire the content I want from elsewhere - this is is 100% a failing laid squarely at VM's door. Get your customers what they want or they will take their money and spend it elsewhere.
how is it VM fault sky want over the top price for SA and BT don't want to wholesale bt sports is it skys fault bt wont wholesale to them either ? and would you pay over top price for one channel bet you complain if they did then put prices up just for one channel SA aint coming to VM sooner people see that the better and the vast majority of sky customers don't watch SA most over hyped channel ever
Old 08-08-2013, 10:14   #225
XxDanoxX
Inactive

XxDanoxX will become famous soon enoughXxDanoxX will become famous soon enoughXxDanoxX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
how is it VM fault sky want over the top price for SA and BT don't want to wholesale bt sports is it skys fault bt wont wholesale to them either ? and would you pay over top price for one channel bet you complain if they did then put prices up just for one channel SA aint coming to VM sooner people see that the better
If they're not up to the job, they need to get out of the market. I've explained I am likely to scale down what I pay VM if they don't get to grips with content demands - Tivo is all about content, they're not doing justice to their own platform!
Closed Thread