Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 03-11-2011, 20:36   #226
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIMUTH View Post
whats UFC and MMA,,,,
I'm assuming you are being tongue-in-cheek but if you are not you'll learn everything you need to know at the following sites:

http://uk.ufc.com/

http://www.mmafighting.com/
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2011, 20:45   #227
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

many thanks chad,,,ive just been into those links and i now know what ufc and mma are.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 20:12   #228
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

my mates just won 2 tickets from the boxnation site! but im at work till 4 and live in north east england!
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 14:36   #229
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
my mates just won 2 tickets from the boxnation site! but im at work till 4 and live in north east england!
I won 2 yesterday myself but had to confirm via e-mail I couldn't go. I was e-mailed from Boxnation asking me to reply if I could actually use the tickets and go to the event. I was not happy. I e-mailed them back thanking them for the opportunity but also questioned their logic. Why leave it until about 22 hours before the show starts to confirm the winners? If I has been told earlier in the week I could have arranged travel and accommodation.

I've not heard anything back from them.
Old 05-11-2011, 15:39   #230
gingertom
Inactive

gingertom is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

I have been with Virgin from the very beginning paying nearly £30/Month for Sky Sports purely just to watch boxing. Now I find that BoxNation is unavailable to me I will be cancelling SkySports & my Virgin account completely & will be moving to Sky - If Virgin media don't do something soon I am sure like me many other true boxing fans will do the same
gingertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 15:43   #231
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingertom View Post
I have been with Virgin from the very beginning paying nearly £30/Month for Sky Sports purely just to watch boxing. Now I find that BoxNation is unavailable to me I will be cancelling SkySports & my Virgin account completely & will be moving to Sky - If Virgin media don't do something soon I am sure like me many other true boxing fans will do the same
BoxNation have said via their web site that they hope to launch on Virgin 'in the next few weeks'.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 15:59   #232
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BoxNation have said via their web site that they hope to launch on Virgin 'in the next few weeks'.
Yup, various sources all seem to be pointing towards a December launch on Virgin. Looks like Boxnation could be aiming to have the channel on Virgin for Cotto Vs. Margarito II on the 3rd December. Apart from Haye Vs. Klitschko, Cotto Vs. Margarito II is the biggest fight of 2011. Would be a real shame if Virgin customers miss out however I have faith the channel will be up and running by then. Cotto Vs. Margarito II would be an excellent fight to announce the channels arrival on Virgin.

On a separate note, go Rickster! Katsidis will be a real tough challenge for him tonight. Watching this in my Mum and Dad's house with my Dad and 2 brothers. Mum, bless her, has got the Pizzas and Beer in for us.

George Groves Vs. Paul Smith - Groves to win by points

Ricky Burns Vs. Michael Katsidis - Katsidis to win by stoppage
Old 05-11-2011, 16:42   #233
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

im the same i could have arranged something if has even 48 hours notice 2 of my mates have gone tho
Old 05-11-2011, 22:01   #234
Wire Man
cf.member

Services: tvxl tivo/v+ bbl phonem
Wire Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Just seen a notice while watching on-line saying £10 a month from November30
Wire Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 22:02   #235
thatllbeme
Inactive

so we will have to pay from 1st december so if guessing it will also be on virgin by then
Old 05-11-2011, 22:07   #236
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
so if guessing it will also be on virgin by then
Yes.
Quote:
@boxnationtv you are obviously about from the retweets so answer me this please, when will you be on virgin?
Quote:
@morgansorgan very soon, expect an announcement on this in the very near future!
http://twitter.com/#!/boxnationtv
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 22:59   #237
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
Just seen a notice while watching on-line saying £10 a month from November30
Maybe that just for Sky viewers with an later date for they Virgin Viewers - we just have to wait and see what going to happen next with BoxNation on Virgin.
Old 05-11-2011, 23:08   #238
Wire Man
cf.member

Services: tvxl tivo/v+ bbl phonem
Wire Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Maybe that just for Sky viewers with an later date for they Virgin Viewers - we just have to wait and see what going to happen next with BoxNation on Virgin.
It would be quite a coo if Virgin got December free from BoxNation!
I dont see t to be honest, Do we know if there is a 12 month contract with BoxNation or will it be a month by month deal like Sky Sports is on Virgin?
Wire Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 23:11   #239
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
It would be quite a coo if Virgin got December free from BoxNation!
I dont see t to be honest, Do we know if there is a 12 month contract with BoxNation or will it be a month by month deal like Sky Sports is on Virgin?
All pay extra channels (Sky Sports, Racing UK) on Virgin you only need in for 30 days.

So BoxNation will be on an month by month when it goes £10 pm on Virgin.
Old 05-11-2011, 23:21   #240
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

I miss late night boxing from the US, has SKY sports given up on championship boxing rights?