Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DJ David Lowe loses job over racist word

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DJ David Lowe loses job over racist word

Old 11-05-2014, 17:01   #16
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: DJ David Lowe loses job over racist word

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It'll become another networks successful export won't it? Trust the BBC to cut its nose off to spite its face.
Yeah but with the BBC it harms BBC Worldwide and the profits don't go back into the Beeb.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2014, 17:05   #17
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

i just read the lyrics i have to say it made me titter
Old 11-05-2014, 17:31   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well that rhyme is one I used as a child quite innocently..as for the song I didn't even realise it had racist lyrics..
Old 11-05-2014, 17:43   #19
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Tough, they should have thought of the consequences before being so silly.
I don't know. They clearly tried to try and find some middle ground between telling Clarkson not to use such language whilst letting him keep his job. They have given Top Gear a lot of leeway in the past as well.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 18:25   #20
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
He didn't use the N word. The footage was not transmitted. They're just being silly. No middle ground required.
Clarkson himself seems to think he used it.
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 18:40   #21
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Well that rhyme is one I used as a child quite innocently..as for the song I didn't even realise it had racist lyrics..
Me too and in the eyes of some folks that makes us racist. When are context and intent going to be considered in this debate I wonder...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 19:07   #22
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing I find annoying about the coverage of these kinds of story is how everyone tiptoes around the exact language used (for fear of retribution no doubt). All the talk of F-words and N-words sounds like the discussions of children who are trying not to swear in front of mum and dad.
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 19:11   #23
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sun_Has_Got_His_Hat_On

Wasn't sure if it was that one, but yes, the original lyrics had it.

And as for the Jeremy Clarkson incident, surely the person leaking the unbroadcast material is the one who should be disciplined for it!
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 19:26   #24
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

This is also the same BBC who allow the likes of Robbie Savage, Zane Lowe and that other boot-licking cretin Richard Bacon to steal a living courtesy of our licence payers' money... and that's just the start of the list.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 20:17   #25
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

We all need to grow up.
it's just a word.
a word that is thrown about freely by the people who we are being offended for.

there's a film being made today where 1 man calls the other this word. and it's going to be in the cinemas soon. and are we going to make a big fuss about the use of the word?

No. because it's a blockbuster movie. and the black man said it.

we're all mad.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 20:22   #26
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

If this DJ had played a rap track with the same word contained would he have been sacked? (the nature of the programme notwithstanding)
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 20:28   #27
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

I personally love the way he said no to his job back as it made an illness he was already suffering with worse.

Kerching!
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 21:28   #28
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
When I was younger I used to sing a lot of rhymes that I thought were just fun jolly songs "or so I thought" but now I know the words were wrong but to me as a young girl they were just songs and a way of picking who was to be the seeker in hide and seek.
Old 11-05-2014, 22:25   #29
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

Well according to the BBC today the Church of England is racist. Yeah that's right everyone in the C of E is racist LMAO. Only the BBC hey.

If the word England wasn't in the name they wouldn't have said such a thing. How stupid do you have to be to brand a whole "church" as racist lol. I'm sure there may well be racist members, just like there maybe racists within Islam but no way can you brand the whole thing racist.

Out of 2 archbishops 1 is black An 1 is white, Jesus Christ isn't even white. Good old BBC
Old 11-05-2014, 22:44   #30
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
Well according to the BBC today the Church of England is racist. Yeah that's right everyone in the C of E is racist LMAO. Only the BBC hey.

If the word England wasn't in the name they wouldn't have said such a thing. How stupid do you have to be to brand a whole "church" as racist lol. I'm sure there may well be racist members, just like there maybe racists within Islam but no way can you brand the whole thing racist.

Out of 2 archbishops 1 is black An 1 is white, Jesus Christ isn't even white. Good old BBC
Any link for that? Just searched their website and found nothing recent.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote