Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky with virgin phone line

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky with virgin phone line

Old 28-06-2012, 20:44   #1
blodger59
Inactive

blodger59 is an unknown quantity at this point
sky with virgin phone line

Hello
does anyone know if you can connect the sky+ HD box to a virgin phone line,
when i try to access my account or order a box office movie i get a message stating there may be a fault with the line, though i know the phone is working as normal.

steve
blodger59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2012, 22:58   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: sky with virgin phone line

No reason for a Sky box to not work with a Virgin phoneline. It doesn't have to be a BT line or Sky line.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 23:01   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Our landline is with VM, and my flatmate's Sky box works fine with it (along with having no issues with the broadband either)
Old 29-06-2012, 12:25   #4
blodger59
Inactive

Thanks for comments guy,

my sky works fine as does my virgin broadband, it's just the sky box can;t get through to customer services,i wondered if i need a diferent prefix number to dial out on.

steve
Old 29-06-2012, 19:52   #5
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Do you know what the dialing prefix on the box is set to?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 20:17   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by blodger59 View Post
Hello
when i try to access my account or order a box office movie i get a message stating there may be a fault with the line, though i know the phone is working as normal.

steve
It may be an idea to try again and write the error message down then post it here so we can try to help you.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:50   #7
blodger59
Inactive

Hi All

The dialling prefix is 1470, also now the anytime plus keeps asking to connect to the broadband with a error code 95, i now my internet is working ok as is my phone, i didn't expect all this hassle when i joined virgin.
I now wonder if because of the direct competition between sky and virgin that they make it as hard as possible to be compatable with each other.

many thanks

steve
Old 02-07-2012, 12:23   #8
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Hi All

The dialling prefix is 1470, also now the anytime plus keeps asking to connect to the broadband with a error code 95, i now my internet is working ok as is my phone, i didn't expect all this hassle when i joined virgin.
I now wonder if because of the direct competition between sky and virgin that they make it as hard as possible to be compatable with each other.

many thanks

steve
Read message 7 on link below
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Anyt...e-view=desktop

Also worth trying these troubleshooting tips
http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/any...-and-warnings/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 14:32   #9
27monksbury
Inactive

Services: Virgin tv and internet
27monksbury will become famous soon enough27monksbury will become famous soon enough27monksbury will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: sky with virgin phone line

Quote:
Hello

steve
Steve I had a virgin phone line, and sky HD box. The problem I had was that I could not get Sky anytime with this combination. I changed to Virgin with a 500 Tivo. The broadband tivo box was £20 per month cheaper
27monksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46   #10
blodger59
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Read message 7 on link below
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Anyt...e-view=desktop

Also worth trying these troubleshooting tips
http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/any...-and-warnings/
I have already tried this, i logged onto sky to check my account, i have checked that the anytime plus has been activated which it is, as i said in my earlier post i don't think that the two companies make it easy to pare together, i did think that sky offered the best in HD and VM by far offer the best broadband but i am now considering moving my TV to VM as well.

steve

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27monksbury View Post
Steve I had a virgin phone line, and sky HD box. The problem I had was that I could not get Sky anytime with this combination. I changed to Virgin with a 500 Tivo. The broadband tivo box was £20 per month cheaper
Thanks for that, i will proberly do like wise and move my whole package to VM as they do have the best broadband, and their tv is not far behind sky's offering.

cheers steve
Old 03-07-2012, 10:03   #11
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Not really sure how the STB would know it is connected to a service with VM (or may be it can). But I can confirm 3 neighbours that have exactly the same service providers as you and they do not have any issues with the STB. I myself tried AT+ with VM BB and it worked.

Your error code is saying your AT+ is not activated so that needs to be addressed.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:45   #12
blodger59
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Not really sure how the STB would know it is connected to a service with VM (or may be it can). But I can confirm 3 neighbours that have exactly the same service providers as you and they do not have any issues with the STB. I myself tried AT+ with VM BB and it worked.

Your error code is saying your AT+ is not activated so that needs to be addressed.
Thanks for this info, at least i know that the set up can work, it's just sorting it out, i will phone sky again and get them to resend the signal for AT+,
as for the sky ring back faught i am not sure.

cheers steve
Old 06-07-2012, 15:39   #13
27monksbury
Inactive

Services: Virgin tv and internet
27monksbury will become famous soon enough27monksbury will become famous soon enough27monksbury will become famous soon enough

Get both through virgin media and it is cheaper. If the system breaks its free to have it fixed. Sky charges.
27monksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:04   #14
blodger59
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27monksbury View Post
Get both through virgin media and it is cheaper. If the system breaks its free to have it fixed. Sky charges.
Seems like the best course of action.

cheers

steve