Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 02-02-2012, 22:08   #181
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: TV price rises

A bit off topic however I'll ask anyway.

How much is the V+ service these days? I mean for existing customers who already have it, but don't have TiVo? Is it £6 per month?

Sorry to ask but my Mum was asking me earlier as she is thinking of changing her TV package. She has TV XL with V+ in the livingroom and a bog standard VBox in my brothers room.

Any info would be great.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2012, 22:18   #182
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

V+ on M/M+/L is £5 a month
Old 02-02-2012, 22:35   #183
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media increases broadband price

Quote:
Virgin Media is to up the price of its broadband packages, three months after it said it was doubling its customers' speeds for free.

In early January, the cable giant announced it would double the speed of its broadband service for more than 4 million of its customers. The upgrade, which begins this month, will also see the service's top speed increase from 100Mbps to 120Mbps.

At the time, Virgin Media's chief executive, Neil Berkett, said: "We want to make sure that consumers have access to the best value broadband service and that means a superfast connection."

A spokesman added: "Most customers will not notice the upgrades taking place, nor will any have to pay for the changes to take place."

However, a few weeks on it has emerged that customers will face price rises averaging more than £25 a year.

The company will increase the price of its most popular broadband (large) package by £1 a month. It is also upping some call charges by 12%, and changing the time its free calls kicks in – meaning some customers will be charged for calls that were previously free.

Large Broadband bought as standalone product (without line rental) is increasing in price by £1.50 a month to £22.50. The price changes will come into force on 1 April – with the first letters going out to customers announcing the move this week.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...redirect=false
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 22:38   #184
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Can we cancel immediately?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 22:52   #185
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Can we cancel immediately?
Yeah by giving them 30 days notice.

Spoke to VM tonight about another billing issue (They doubled my £3 TiVo monthly fee but had it resolved now) and confirmed my package is going up by £3.50 a month (£2 for XL TV and £1.50 for XL BB)
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 22:56   #186
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

So broadband is going up, phone per minute going up, phone connection fee going up, TV going up, but it's ok because line rental is being froze for now.

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Yeah by giving them 30 days notice.

Spoke to VM tonight about another billing issue (They doubled my £3 TiVo monthly fee but had it resolved now) and confirmed my package is going up by £3.50 a month (£2 for XL TV and £1.50 for XL BB)
Thanks for info same rise for me I suspect. Can't believe I am going to have to seriusly think about leaving now. I'm also hacked off about the lack of F1 HD let alone now not being able to watch them all in SD anyway without paying for sky sports. I wouldn't mind so much if the customer service was good, they had less outages and that anything less than 50mb was not hideously over subscribed in my area. As it is...fail.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 22:56   #187
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Virgin Media increases broadband price

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012...redirect=false
Don't forget the other bits in the article:

Quote:
This brings Virgin into line with BT and other rival telecoms companies which had already made the change.
Quote:
Virgin's move is the latest in a series of price increases pushed through across the telecoms sector. BT, Sky TalkTalk, O2, Vodafone, and Orange have all put charges up in recent months, at a time when most customers have had little or no increase to incomes.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 23:05   #188
a01020304
cf.member

Services: 200mb Broadband
a01020304 is an unknown quantity at this point

how much will BB XL (30mb) without phone be ?
i only got my upgrade from 10mb 2 weeks ago, am welll pi**ed off by this now as if it does rise cannot afford it, when i called CS and got the upgrade they never mentioned the prise rise despite me specifically saying i had a strict budget and could not go over a certain amount.
if it does rise will i be able to revert back to 10mb and get my discounts and refund of the activation back.
as there is no way i will want to stay on the 30mb packange if it does rise.
a01020304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 23:06   #189
PeacockAntony
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media: TV L, BB L.
PeacockAntony is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
I've just been on the phone to VM in regards to the price increase this coming April. I wanted to see if I could benefit from making a saving by altering my services in any way. The young man Mathew who I spoke to knew his job inside out and was excellent. He did his best and I was happy at the price of the new/different package he offered me. Also during the same conversation he asked me how I knew about the price increase as it was only released late yesterday. I told him I found out about it on one of the internet forums. He did however finish by saying I don't think that many will know that those who are on (10MB are being increased to 30MB) not 20 as originally advertised because I've only known about it a few hours ago. Now how true that is I don't know but he seemed genuine enough.
Now if this is true it will be great.
One thing I do want to know, as a BB L customer, would I need new hardware as some others do or would me existing equipment work?
PeacockAntony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 23:59   #190
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacockAntony View Post
Now if this is true it will be great.
One thing I do want to know, as a BB L customer, would I need new hardware as some others do or would me existing equipment work?
I hope it's true as well PA... 10-30MB sounds good to me too. Like I said though he sounded genuine and honest when telling me. Now regarding the new modem/hardware equipment you're asking about I wouldn't like to say but I'm sure someone on here should be able to let you know.
Rivva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 00:19   #191
PeacockAntony
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media: TV L, BB L.
PeacockAntony is an unknown quantity at this point

It is just that the Superhub will be no good for me. Where my equipment was installed, the connection will not serve the whole house.
The cable comes in the rear of the house, and he would only put a cable in long enough to connect the modem near the wallp-late, and when the router was placed there, I couldn't get a connection at the front of the house, so I have had to buy a long ethernet cable so I can put the router into the kitchen so that the connection serves the whole house.
PeacockAntony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:05   #192
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

No price rise for me got a email to say my price is going down by £5.75 in april and there upping my bb to 120,just the tonic i needed with what as been a miserable week were vm as been concerned,here's hoping some new hd channels are on the horizen to go with it and the android app for my tivo really missing my tivo commander app
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:45   #193
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
That is what the cable industry has needed for a very long time is exclusive products,content and wider coverage and availability. If Digital,VoD and if the cable companies created more of there own content back in say 1997 just before Sky launched digital, it would be in front of sky today. But because of the cable companies keep changing ownership and borrowing money, it has put everything on hold, the worst of all NTL, borrowing and borrowing and mass buyouts and not focusing on customer services and product portfolio carefully.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

They should have sold Virgin Mobile and or its UKTV stake not Virgin Media Television, it will be very hard for Virgin Media to ever get back to its content providing
If they do sell Virgin Mobile UK, will they have to change their name from Virgin Media to British Cable (Branson only allowed NTL:Telewest to use the Virgin name after they agreed to buy Virgin Mobile UK off him!

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

I hope VM will improve it service after the price rise!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53   #194
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
If they do sell Virgin Mobile UK, will they have to change their name from Virgin Media to British Cable (Branson only allowed NTL:Telewest to use the Virgin name after they agreed to buy Virgin Mobile UK off him!

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

I hope VM will improve it service after the price rise!
l am sure there is plenty of things in the pipeline.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:14   #195
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

10mb is going up to 30mb that is on the VM website
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote