Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Boxing 2012

Old 15-07-2012, 15:10   #121
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing 2012

Khan has only himself to blame, If I was Freddie Roach, I'd be slapping the hell out of him now, He was executing the game plan to perfection but in traditional Khan style he stopped following instructions, went from in and out to in and staying there to be hit. His cockyness has pee'd me off now.

Either hang it up or mimic Manny, It's about time he fought with his heart and brain not his hand speed.

Quote:
He is a bit like Haye where it is all talk but not much substance.
Haye has a right to talk, he may have put on a diabolical showing to Wlad but he's put 24 guys down of the 26 guys he's beat with a phenomenal KO record.

My way back for Khan would be a squash match in England then a fight with Kell Brook to put him back on the radar should he win.
Old 15-07-2012, 15:12   #122
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
He is a bit like Haye where it is all talk but not much substance.
Haye has plenty of substance though?

Haye's weakness is that he is in a division of giants because he the cruiserweight division is pointless, so he stepped up to a division where he's dwarfed by the Klitschko's, who are not only massive, but are perfectly fine with jabbing fights out to the final bell, which give a guy like Haye not much chance to land his big punches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
nasty blow totally fecked him. Garcia done well to stay in the fight and even counter punched then found his reward for sticking in there.

was it a lucky shot or does Khan lack self control in the sense of protecting himself. i understand he was on the front foot and all but be a little more cautious ?
Khan has always lacked self control. His response to getting hurt is to swing for the fences, and he always leaves himself open.
He doesn't have a boxing brain, he doesn't know when he should just stay out of range or hug up. He could have survived and possibly won that fight if he just hugged out the 4th round. Instead he tried to trade blows when he'd lost his legs so had no power in his punches. It's a mistake you'd expect at amateurs, not from someone who's talked themselves up as a Mayweather opponent.

Going in to that fight everyone knew Garcia had one punch, yet Khan still got his with it. It was a poor performance. He saw he hurt him in the first 2 rounds, and then went looking for a knock out leaving himself way too open to the guys only real punch.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 11:35   #123
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Khan's talking about a Rematch.

Personally I don't think that's the right way to go. Garcia wont come out to see what Khan's got this time, He'll come out and batter him with the left immediately and to be honest I don't think Khan has a clue what to do when he's on the back foot.

I'm all for seeing Tyson Fury thrown into the ring with David Haye. Have them do an Eliminator fight for a title shot against Vitali.

Everyone can see Fury being a world champion and I don't doubt that but it will not be when the Klit's are around. Haye will demolish Fury and just about every other Heavyweight out there. It's sad to say there are only 3 Heavyweights currently worth their talk in the division and they simple wont be fighting each other.. at least anytime soon. Wlad, Vitali and Haye.
Old 14-09-2012, 06:46   #124
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

So with Ricky Hatton expected to announce his comeback today does anyone wish to speculate where this is going?

PacMan - Hatton could eye up a rematch with the guy that previously dispatched him in 2 rounds, Manny has since seen some poor performances and the whole idea of a Mayweather Super fight shunned due to his recent bouts. Could Hatton win? or could it revive Pacman.

Mayweather - The First loss of Hatton's career came at the hands of this man, It'd make for a giant payday for both sides with the massive revenue brought in previously. For me I don't see a Hatton win. Floyd is simply the best in the world.

Amir Khan - This I feel is going to happen in November. First of all it would be a massive all British fight at Wembley that will revive the Career of the winning fighter. People already speculate the fight would be rigged in Khan's favour and it's just a ploy to get his career back on track. Could Hatton deal with Khan's superior hand speed?

- Possible fights anyone?
Old 14-09-2012, 14:57   #125
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Seems Hatton will be going for a Squash match but has set the 24th of November as the date at the MEN Arena (Manchester) Khan seems determined he'll be in the ring in November too.

Calling it unlikely that Khan's the opponent as it's not a squash match by any means.

Your typical boxing fans have been quick to dismiss the Mayweather/Pacman possibilities giving the reason that neither of them need to face Hatton and have both previously beaten him which is all fine and true but we all should know it has nothing to do with how good or how poor the other guy is, It's how much money the fight can generate. A fight against any of these two would be a substantial cash-in.

I feel like Mayweather has achieved all he can achieve now. The only guys that want to face him are the up and coming young fighter's who haven't a clue what they are actually getting themselves in for. Getting in the ring with Floyd would put a hefty mark on those undefeated streaks and so on. Mayweather has nothing left to prove. Pacman will never and probably never could beat this man. Mayweather adapts to his opponent's style and proceeds to dismantle the guy piece by piece and I have no doubts that would happen to Manny also.

Khan's opponent?

Kell Brook? Would propel Khan back on track and could make Brook's career should he win. A loss for Khan I'm afraid would spell the end of his career.

Garcia II - Unlikely for me, I feel that Garcia know's prior to a fluke Knockout punch he was being totally dismantled in the ring and was looking close to bowing out himself in a few more rounds. Khan would stick to a gameplan this time whilst Garcia will be over-confident of KO'ing him again which would land him in trouble coming forward into the blurring speed of Khan. Garcia won't be in any hurry to take a rematch up. In the mean time, Garcia has opted for Erik Morales.

Lamont Peterson - Grudge match so to speak with Lamont having 'cheated' in their previous encounter along with some dubious scorecards. Lamont is no trouble for Khan in the ring and is someone Khan should really be putting out before bell.

David Haye - Well there's only one fight David has any interest in and it's Vitali. It's 50/50 at the minute and could go either way and we'll not find out for some time. If Haye catches him, Haye knocks him out, If he lets Vitali throw the jab of death then he loses on points that's the way I feel about it. according to Fury & Price, Haye has ducked the pair of them. That's a load of crap. Quick talk to get your image up somewhat, neither of them would tell him that to his face and neither of them would dare step in the ring with him this early in their careers. What would Haye gain from knocking out two guys with no credible fights to their name.. and destroying the British Heavyweight division in the process.
Old 15-09-2012, 05:15   #126
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
So with Ricky Hatton expected to announce his comeback today does anyone wish to speculate where this is going?

PacMan - Hatton could eye up a rematch with the guy that previously dispatched him in 2 rounds, Manny has since seen some poor performances and the whole idea of a Mayweather Super fight shunned due to his recent bouts. Could Hatton win? or could it revive Pacman.

Mayweather - The First loss of Hatton's career came at the hands of this man, It'd make for a giant payday for both sides with the massive revenue brought in previously. For me I don't see a Hatton win. Floyd is simply the best in the world.

Amir Khan - This I feel is going to happen in November. First of all it would be a massive all British fight at Wembley that will revive the Career of the winning fighter. People already speculate the fight would be rigged in Khan's favour and it's just a ploy to get his career back on track. Could Hatton deal with Khan's superior hand speed?

- Possible fights anyone?
Not much to say but that Ricky Hatton's a absolute fool for coming back and l can't see his comeback lasting longer then 6 months as anybody decent could give him a right hammering similar to what PacMan and Mayweather gave him when he was at his pomp.
Old 15-09-2012, 08:00   #127
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Amir Khan splits from boxing trainer Freddie Roach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19608995
Old 15-09-2012, 10:08   #128
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Hatton confirms it's not a big known fighter for November,

Pacman vs Marquez IV - 8th November 2012.

I can see Manny losing this.

The way Manny has looked lately along with Khan's performances makes me suspect there is something going on behind the scenes.

No clues to as who will be Khan's next trainer although there was talks of Haye wanting him to link up with his guy Adam Booth. I think he's done well for a speed merchant like Haye and utilised Haye's speed as his defence too, Haye rarely get's hit with a big one.
Old 15-09-2012, 10:10   #129
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Hatton confirms it's not a big known fighter for November,

Pacman vs Marquez IV - 8th November 2012.

I can see Manny losing this.
No l can still see life in the old PacMan yet.
Old 15-09-2012, 10:18   #130
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Wow this could turn out to be something yet but strong rumours that someone has already offered himself to Khan, no other than Roger Mayweather.

How true this is remains to be seen although I remember Roger offering his services some years ago early career for Khan.

Manny needs a win or he'll be going out looking like he lost it at the very end.
Old 12-10-2012, 14:43   #131
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Amir-Khan.html

in relation to this if you missed it...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...t-gang-1368843

how sad.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:53   #132
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Tyson Fury reacts in a crazy way to the outcome of Price Vs. Harrison on Channel 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXW7c...rDA&playnext=1

After Price Vs. Harrison Frank Maloney, live on Boxnation, offered Fury £500,000 to fight the winner. About 45 minutes later, live on Channel 5, Fury replies with a mad rant which includes calling Tony Bellew David Prices gay lover ?!?!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 03:23   #133
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Fury and Price keep hyping themselves as deadly but until they actually fight people that are worth something they are still nothing to me.

David Haye is still the big dog in British HW boxing and Price/Fury will not go near eachother or Haye.

Simple reason is losing any of those fights at this early stage in their career's would be disastrous, It's unlikely Haye will fight again unless it's Vitali anyway.

Audley Harrison though, really Price? You can't make a name off him since that loss to Haye in which he barely threw a punch.
Old 14-10-2012, 08:39   #134
tizmeinnit

He didnt land a punch in the Price fight lol
Old 14-10-2012, 13:12   #135
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
He didnt land a punch in the Price fight lol
Nothing remotely new there then, Harrison is a joke of a heavyweight. I could understand why Price would fight a 'bum' like that but it confuses me why David Haye ever gave him a world title chance.