Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any RC Helicopter Pilots on CF?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Any RC Helicopter Pilots on CF?

Old 26-12-2008, 19:56   #16
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Any RC Helicopter Pilots on CF?

I don't think that the one I've got is mega expensive, but it's masses of fun.

The biggest downside is that it's not meant to be used outside unless it's really calm out there. That means you need a fairly large/clutter free space to be able to fly it indoors.

It's seriously good fun though. Even if all you do is run he rotors up to just about take-off speed and enjoy the down-draft that it creates

I'm loving mine, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a toy - and I get the feeling it's not going to be a cheap hobby either. I think the repair bill I've racked up the last couple of days just learning to hover will probably come to about £40.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-12-2008, 19:58   #17
mr_bo
Inactive

Services: V+ | o2 BB
mr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful one

I had a Raptor 50, it was great fun but did not have a great deal of time to progress past the hovering stage as you really need to persevere.

I did have a 'tail strike' which cost nearly £100 to put right after where basically I landed a little hard with too much neg pitch and the blades made contact with the tail boom and literally cut itself in half!

The best progress I made with it when learning was to practice with one of these. I used a pc sim and was ok, but if you learn to fly the Twister Bell around your house it will help immensely on the bigger machines and they are also great fun.
mr_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 20:04   #18
Raistlin
Inactive

Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Thanks for all of that

The Bell is basically the same as the Twister Medevac that I have.

My goal in piloting is currently to be able to take off from the floor in the kitchen, land on the table, power down. Take off from the table, fly out the door, down the hall (which is quite narrow), up the stairs, and land on the bed. Then fly the whole route in the opposite direction.

Once I can do that I'll be happy
Old 26-12-2008, 20:51   #19
mr_bo
Inactive

mr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful onemr_bo is the helpful one

I have some spare blades if you want them, I no longer fly and have also the bell sat in my garage redundant. All yours if you want them. The esc/gyro is broken but all else is ok including the lipo battery.
Old 26-12-2008, 21:09   #20
Raistlin
Inactive

If you're sure you don't want them any longer that would be really great
Old 26-12-2008, 21:11   #21
mr_bo
Inactive

pm me a postal and i'll fly them off to you!
Old 30-12-2008, 17:17   #22
Nightcleaner
Inactive

Nightcleaner is an unknown quantity at this point

many moons ago we went to egerton Hill i think its spelt near Maiden Newton In Dorset For a nice walk. on the way up to the hill We followed a chap struggling like mad with one of these contraptions. We were someway behind him. as we got to the brow of the hill he was all excited & set up and ready for his flight. We stood in the distance As one Dose. Watched the lift of sharing his excitement. Then we watched as this thing got caught up in the top of the biggest tree you ever seen. There were four of us and not a dry eye between us. You have to laugh Don't you?
Nightcleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 17:19   #23
Raistlin
Inactive

I guess that's what happens when you fly that close to trees
Old 30-12-2008, 23:52   #24
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Our helicopter is broken

I don't know what to do with it. The tail propeller has totally come off, but you do get a spare i just don't know how to fit it.

But before that happened, one of the hooks on the top propeller keeps unhooking and i don't know why, if i hook it back on and fly it, it just crashes into the wall.

Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 09:44   #25
Raistlin
Inactive

The rotor should just pop in and pop out, there may be two lugson the back that need squeezingto remove it though.

The hooks on the top bar could be loose, or (if it comes off completely) the bar could be on upside down maybe.