Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 16-02-2014, 19:40   #4321
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I just wish that BT got rid of that horrible scoreline which is at the bottom of the screen.

Thats why l dont watch BT Sport all the time
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2014, 05:28   #4322
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I just wish that BT got rid of that horrible scoreline which is at the bottom of the screen.

Thats why l dont watch BT Sport all the time
I don't watch BT sport all the time, because it only has a few EPL games
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 08:03   #4323
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

BT needs to up its game in the pay-TV market.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ma-film-online
Old 17-02-2014, 12:24   #4324
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

BSkyB wins UK rights to IPL Twenty20 live cricket coverage

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...enty20-cricket
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 12:39   #4325
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

[QUOTE=muppetman11;35672258]Why don't you try emailing HBO and asking how you can watch HBO subscription On Demand content in the UK , they'll tell you via Now TV or Sky TV. This is just another pipe dream granted you didn't start it. Sky has paid £275 million for HBO content as opposed to £150 million in 2010 do you really believe they'd pay all that if other broadcasters could also offer the subscription On Demand service ?[QUOTE]

Why would I email HBO? I already know the answer to that question! I was commenting on the 'insider' information from theone and stating that I personally would not use PPV as this is an expensive way of viewing a whole drama series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11:35672258
Who says Sky are the ones making all the compromises , last time I looked the BT Youview service didn't contain one Sky entertainment channel which according to BARB are some of the best viewed Entertainment pay TV channels nor did it carry any Sky Sports programming.

I didn't say they were, I speculated that they would have to eventually if the bidding war continued ever upwards, because there would be viewer resistance. It's Sky that are keeping prices high.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 13:06   #4326
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BSkyB wins UK rights to IPL Twenty20 live cricket coverage

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...enty20-cricket
That means even less free to air sport on TV and that's never a good thing in the long run.
Old 17-02-2014, 13:13   #4327
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That means even less free to air sport on TV and that's never a good thing in the long run.
Unfortunately, denphone, this is the future.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 13:18   #4328
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It was a kind of nice to have to flick onto ITV4 occasionally to take a look.
I guess Sky have got to look at new content since losing the Champions League amongst other things.
If the IPL were bothered about viewers they would not have gone to Sky as it's not like they are going to increase the number of viewers where as ITV4 seemed to do ok out of it.

I have Sky but will probably look at it even less now it's not in the low channels numbers where I tend to surf.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 13:41   #4329
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Unfortunately, denphone, this is the future.
Sadly you have hit the nail on the head.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
It was a kind of nice to have to flick onto ITV4 occasionally to take a look.
I guess Sky have got to look at new content since losing the Champions League amongst other things.
If the IPL were bothered about viewers they would not have gone to Sky as it's not like they are going to increase the number of viewers where as ITV4 seemed to do ok out of it.

I have Sky but will probably look at it even less now it's not in the low channels numbers where I tend to surf.
Indeed trickytree one suspects because of the loss of the Champions League this will be used as padding material to fill up the schedules sadly.
Old 17-02-2014, 14:22   #4330
TonyM19
Inactive

TonyM19 is on a distinguished roadTonyM19 is on a distinguished road

Anybody heard anything about Premier Sports subscriptions on Virgin? The end of February is getting closer and I haven't heard or seen any details of how much it's going to cost or how I subscribe.
TonyM19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 14:26   #4331
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM19 View Post
Anybody heard anything about Premier Sports subscriptions on Virgin? The end of February is getting closer and I haven't heard or seen any details of how much it's going to cost or how I subscribe.
Premier Sports will cost £7.99 per month from 6am on March 1st.

http://my.virginmedia.com/customer-n...V-updates.html
Old 17-02-2014, 14:27   #4332
Mr Banana

Potentially Interesting news on wholesale pricing of Sky Sports Channels

http://www.lse.co.uk/AllNews.asp?cod...ssue_ReEmerges

http://www.stockmarketwire.com/artic...TV-appeal.html
Old 17-02-2014, 15:46   #4333
TonyM19
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Premier Sports will cost £7.99 per month from 6am on March 1st.

http://my.virginmedia.com/customer-n...V-updates.html
Thank you.

Do I contact Virgin or Premier Sport to sign up?
Old 17-02-2014, 15:48   #4334
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM19 View Post
Thank you.

Do I contact Virgin or Premier Sport to sign up?
Virgin Media (But I think you may need to wait until March 1st).
Old 17-02-2014, 17:20   #4335
TonyM19
Inactive

Just called Virgin - they knew nothing about it! Suggested I called back after the 1 March.