Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2016, 23:04   #136
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
He retracted it last week. Also why should Obama provide his birth certificate? He was a citizen of the United States. It is not normal for Presidential candidates to release their birth certificate or for any citizen to be required to do so to prove their nationality.
Its a requirement (to prove eligability) in some states apparently, and many others have tried to introduce it in the last few years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ty_legislation

Baby, I was born this way.
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2016, 11:20   #137
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I tend to see things in black and white.

Obama gets asked to show BC - he shows, instantly any question is killed - just like that, great way to stop all that dead in the water. The alternative to fudge and divert and not do anything for a time only fuels speculation - that could have been avoided.

Same goes for Hilary and her health - you don't need to be a rocket scientist to see she's not firing on all eight, produce an affidavit doctors report -sorted - although I'm not so sure in her case that's possible, but same principle.
Old 21-09-2016, 12:40   #138
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

House investigating latest Clinton email scandal as major news outlets start running with it.

Not looking great. Having looked through it myself, everything there points to Paul Combetta, the username, the dates, questions asked and the fact a 2 year inactive account was suddenly wiped when the story broke.

This guy made one mistake after the other. The last as stated before was that Reddit posts could be archived, which they were before he got the chance to strip it all.

If it can be proven without a doubt that it was him, he's then supplied evidence that Clinton attempted to tamper and delete emails whilst under Federal investigation. Thus committing what I believe would be a Federal offence.

Two corrupt numptys up, one of them wins. Nobody else wins.
Old 21-09-2016, 12:44   #139
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The circumstances and outlook for African Americans, ethnic minorities, blue collar workers have not improved under Obama in fa t they have declined. the USA's influence and respect on the world stage has declined. Obama has been a poor president for the US with no good option in sight.
Well as I said I think history will disagree with you on that for the reasons I mentioned. Either way I think it's too early to make declarations on his legacy.

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Its a requirement (to prove eligability) in some states apparently, and many others have tried to introduce it in the last few years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ty_legislation
It seems they attempted to introduce it with varying degrees of success in the wake of the Obama case. It wasn't a requirement before him.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I tend to see things in black and white.

Obama gets asked to show BC - he shows, instantly any question is killed - just like that, great way to stop all that dead in the water. The alternative to fudge and divert and not do anything for a time only fuels speculation - that could have been avoided.
I don't think you should legitimatise and pander to these people conspiratorial prejudices or that Obama should have to submit to an additional test of his citizenship than that of other candidates. Eventually he did have to do it but it's shameful that it was brought to that and the people who forced it should be admonished.
Old 21-09-2016, 13:05   #140
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
I don't think you should legitimatise and pander to these people conspiratorial prejudices or that Obama should have to submit to an additional test of his citizenship than that of other candidates. Eventually he did have to do it but it's shameful that it was brought to that and the people who forced it should be admonished.
I would agree but didn't Obama himself bring his place of birth into question, he wrote some stuff before he came into politics indicating he was born in Kenya or some such place.

If that's true, surely it's not unreasonable to ask for some proof?
Old 21-09-2016, 13:23   #141
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I would agree but didn't Obama himself bring his place of birth into question, he wrote some stuff before he came into politics indicating he was born in Kenya or some such place.

If that's true, surely it's not unreasonable to ask for some proof?
Obama never wrote anything. It was an article from the 90's that included the error that he was born in Kenya. Something later corrected with statements indicating the people in charge had always assumed he was born in Hawaii and was a simple mistake. Given his father was a known figure and Kenyan whilst Obama was relatively low key, it's not an impossible mistake to make.

It then led to this, which people believe Clinton fueled when going head to head.

Quote:
detailed in a lengthy four-page-long investigation how in April 2008, when Clinton was slipping in her battle against Obama for the Democratic nomination for the presidency, ‘Clinton supporters’—as they say—circulated an anonymous email chain that pushed the theory.

“‘Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,’ the email that Clinton supporters circulated read.”
All in all the people that lit this fire achieved the reaction they wanted but failed to get the result they wanted with Obama serving 2 terms comfortably.

Funnily enough, part of the Clinton email scandals and their handover were set to reveal that they were fueling the Obama citizenship debate by junpstarting reporters with stories to circulate. Naturally as seen above, its clear someone deleted or tampered with those emails so we'll never know.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 21-09-2016 at 13:33.
Old 21-09-2016, 13:51   #142
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Funnily enough, part of the Clinton email scandals and their handover were set to reveal that they were fueling the Obama citizenship debate by junpstarting reporters with stories to circulate. Naturally as seen above, its clear someone deleted or tampered with those emails so we'll never know.
Wasn't it e-mails at the state department we're talking about here? That's the issue with the whole thing. Nothing wrong with deleting campaign e-mails.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Interestingly as an aside one of the Republican candidates in the Primaries, Ted Cruz, was born outside the United States and would likely have been fine to run had he got the nomination.

Last edited by Damien; 21-09-2016 at 14:02.
Old 21-09-2016, 14:41   #143
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Bring back Ronnie Raygun...
Old 21-09-2016, 15:31   #144
RizzyKing

Trump or Clinton will bring equal problems although in different area's and how those problems are handled will decide the legacy of that president. Pretty poor showing that these are the presidential candidates as neither are exactly shining lights of what's good and i predict whoever gets the job in the end will carry with them the stench of corruption.

Old 21-09-2016, 16:03   #145
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Wasn't it e-mails at the state department we're talking about here? That's the issue with the whole thing. Nothing wrong with deleting campaign e-mails.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Interestingly as an aside one of the Republican candidates in the Primaries, Ted Cruz, was born outside the United States and would likely have been fine to run had he got the nomination.
Yeah, sorry mixed up with the other email leaks showing Clinton's apparent issue with Obama (Powell leaks). But yeah Canadian born Cruz faced no opposition then and would seemingly be allowed to run but I bet the opposing side would have taken digs at it had he got the nomination much like Obama.

Its said they suspected for some time though that Clinton was essentially slagging him off, a white house admin having being 'concerned' about the nature of these emaills. I just wonder what Obama makes of Clinton in regards to all this nonsense and whether we'll see the Reddit uncovering blow up even further.

You're not a Clinton without a good old Scandal, you're not a Trump with out being a massive *hole.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 21-09-2016 at 16:12.
Old 21-09-2016, 18:19   #146
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
i agree ,they only did it because of his skin colour

Old 21-09-2016, 20:36   #147
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Yeah, they didn't wait long to give that away, claiming he was Muslim and would bring Sharia Law to the US.
Old 22-09-2016, 17:42   #148
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

HOC orders Reddit to preserve 'Technician posts' for investigation.

What kind of damage can this cause to Clinton? I know its a federal offence but would she really be charged with anything? Could it be campaign ending, or is that a bit far?

https://www.rt.com/usa/360255-hillar...emails-reddit/

Also can Combetta's immunity now be reversed? Even if he was ordered to do it, he's still the button pusher, so should be facing it alongside her.

Looks like they're going to go through the old IP trail and see if they make a further link with Combetta. If he makes Reddiy posts like that I wonder what the odds on a VPN are.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 22-09-2016 at 17:47.
Old 22-09-2016, 19:21   #149
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
HOC orders Reddit to preserve 'Technician posts' for investigation.

What kind of damage can this cause to Clinton? I know its a federal offence but would she really be charged with anything? Could it be campaign ending, or is that a bit far?

https://www.rt.com/usa/360255-hillar...emails-reddit/
Doubt it. They would have to first prove he made the posts, then if he did he already has immunity and has exercise his right not to talk which would probably end the trail stone dead. Even then you would need to prove she ordered it and that is happened against e-mails relevant to the investigation.

Unless new evidence is uncovered it's currently a story that won't get anywhere.
Old 22-09-2016, 20:13   #150
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Meeting results

Quote:

A House panel voted Thursday to hold Bryan Pagliano, a former technology aide to Hillary Clinton, in contempt of Congress for refusing to testify about the private email set-up Clinton used as secretary of state.

The move against Pagliano took place despite repeated warnings from his attorney that the showdown was fruitless since the computer specialist would assert his Fifth Amendment rights in response to any questions that would be put to him.

"Subpoenas are not optional," panel Chairman Rep. Jason Chaffetz said after Pagliano failed to show up at the second committee hearing he was formally called to in the past two weeks.
Quote:
Self-incrimination is the ONLY reason to plead the 5th. You cannot plead the 5th to avoid incriminating another person.

The Fifth Amendment very specifically says, "...nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself."
Quote:
He has immunity so he can't self-incriminate so he has no underlying reason to hide behind the Fifth.
Clinton still ahead in polls, Trump needs this to blow up imo. There's surely nothing else she could faff up in the space of a month and a bit.

Some Trump humour though, NFSW comedy (South Park) but pretty relevant to Trump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1xiAXMqJIQ (A Parody of Trump's taking them all out swerve)

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 22-09-2016 at 20:18.
Closed Thread