Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T-Mobile and Orange to merge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Improved out of bundle data charges coming

Old 09-09-2010, 13:25   #1
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Improved out of bundle data charges coming

http://m.virginmedia.com/30p

We’re making some changes to our mobile web charges.

At the moment, if you’re using the mobile web outside your tariff allowance, you’ll pay 30p a day for unlimited use. Our unlimited mobile web access is subject to a fair use allowance of 25 Megabytes (MB) per day. If you go over that 25MB, you pay £2 per extra MB.

25MB as a rough guide is equivalent to browsing over 1000 mobile web pages, or about 50 game or ringtone downloads.

On 27th September our pricing is changing. From then on, if you use more than 25MB of mobile web in a day, you’ll only pay a one off charge of £1.69. That means you’ll never spend more than £1.99 a day browsing the mobile web.

This change only affects Pay by Direct Debit customers and Pay Monthly customers if your bill refers to your monthly package as 'Virgin' if you are a contract customer or 'V' if you are a Blackberry or Liberty Sim customer. If you've received an SMS from us about this change then the change is likely to affect you!
Old 09-09-2010, 18:52   #2
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Re: Improved out of bundle data charges coming

http://www.virginmobilepeople.com/30p/ - better link for browsers, the m. is WAP

Is it coming to PAYG too?
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:48   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Not sure
Old 10-09-2010, 19:49   #4
PeteLockwood
Inactive

PeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutter

unlimited but 25 meg limit ? suuurreeee
PeteLockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 14:50   #5
woody39
Inactive

Services: XL tv, Tivo 1TB and Tivo 500GB 20Mb - hub
woody39 is an unknown quantity at this point

I notice from the http://m.virginmedia.com/30p link the date seems to have slipped to 15th November from the initially announced date of 27th September still showing in the http://www.virginmobilepeople.com/30p/ link. Shame, I was planning to take advantage of it this weekend. Anyone been caught out by the date change?
woody39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 14:52   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

The date hasn't changed.

They are moving another set of customers over on the 15th November.

If you notice the last paragraph on the m.virginmedia.com site is different:

This change only affects Pay Monthly customers if your bill refers to your monthly package as 'PM_V ' if you are a contract customer. If you've received an SMS from us about this change then the change is likely to affect you!
Old 27-10-2010, 14:56   #7
woody39
Inactive

Services: XL tv, Tivo 1TB and Tivo 500GB 20Mb - hub
woody39 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh good, so presumably as I received the text when initially announced in September it should already apply to me?
woody39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 14:58   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yup