Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-11-2016, 13:19   #1006
southlad
cf.member

southlad is on a distinguished roadsouthlad is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

A quick search on Twitter for 'Virgin V6' and I found this tweet...

https://twitter.com/qasimsaleem321/s...14244549558272
southlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2016, 13:19   #1007
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboyo View Post
I can confirm that I'm in the South West and had the V6 installed.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
Here come the accusations of being lied to, and probably a threat of legal action...
I obviously was given incorrect information. Explain what you mean by "legal action" as it makes no sense.

The only reference that i've made to "legal action" is if VM refuse to pick up my equipment and then charge me for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
As night turns to day and day turns to night one imagines.
Hasn't another member already pulled you up for your "vacuous posts"?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 13:20   #1008
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlad View Post
A quick search on Twitter for 'Virgin V6' and I found this tweet...

https://twitter.com/qasimsaleem321/s...14244549558272
That's the ugliest box i ever saw
Old 06-11-2016, 13:23   #1009
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It will be 'free' of course to replace the not fit for purpose TiVo box. No end of updates have failed to solve its speed problem, so presumably a box replacement is the only solution. Have faith on VM, like what I do
This is what i'm currently pushing for as a minimum to retain my personal/business custom.
Old 06-11-2016, 13:24   #1010
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have faith in a good many things Mr K unlike your good self.
I have faith in many things Den:-
- The NHS coping this winter,
- England's batting resistance against Indian spinners next week
- Donald Trump bring peace an harmony to the world
- VM producing a decent TV box
And many other things, but must sign off as Matron is doing lock up soon....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 13:40   #1011
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
That's the ugliest box i ever saw
It is ugly, but you can hide it as it has Bluetooth.

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It appears the new box needs to be connected to your Hub according to this link , what will happen for those who have their TV service located a great distance from the Hub. Surely using Netflix 4K and YouTube 4K will rely on a decent enough connection to your hub and most will try wifi.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...s/td-p/3248075
AIUI Home plugs will be made available.
Old 06-11-2016, 13:44   #1012
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMANUK View Post
And whats the extra cost for this box
As I've currently got a TiVo plus a V+ box, I guess even if there's no additional charge for the V6 box, I'll have to pay extra to upgrade the V+ box to a TiVo...
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 14:18   #1013
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It will be 'free' of course to replace the not fit for purpose TiVo box. No end of updates have failed to solve its speed problem, so presumably a box replacement is the only solution. Have faith on VM, like what I do
Hi it will be free of course it will no doubt but there will come a installation charge
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 15:33   #1014
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thank you.

I obviously was given incorrect information. Explain what you mean by "legal action" as it makes no sense.

The only reference that i've made to "legal action" is if VM refuse to pick up my equipment and then charge me for it.

Hasn't another member already pulled you up for your "vacuous posts"?
As I stated before VM are perfectly entitled to charge you for non returned equipment. The T&Cs do state it belongs to them

Ifthey bow to your demands then they would have to do so for others all customers are giv3n the same returns pack when leaving

Relative got installed yesterday but just got the current TiVo
Old 06-11-2016, 16:03   #1015
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As I stated before VM are perfectly entitled to charge you for non returned equipment. The T&Cs do state it belongs to them

Ifthey bow to your demands then they would have to do so for others all customers are giv3n the same returns pack when leaving

Relative got installed yesterday but just got the current TiVo
As I explained, if they do not make adjustments for disabled customers as per the requirements of the Equality Act ie pick the equipment up and then go on to try and charge me for it, this would make a very interesting court case.

I doubt an old slow TiVo has any market value, but that's beside the point.

If I end up staying (it's looking promising so far), do you know if the courier will pick up the old box when they deliver the new one?

Whether I stay or leave, the old box will need to be picked up and taken back.
Old 06-11-2016, 16:17   #1016
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Put it in the bag and get a friend or family member to take it to one of the many collect+ locations.

Unless you are totally house bound then VM don't need to make any changes to their equipment collection process. The courier wouldn't collect it as that isn't what he will be asked to do.

It may be old but VM still have value in it as it will be recycled for new customers.
Old 06-11-2016, 17:17   #1017
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Put it in the bag and get a friend or family member to take it to one of the many collect+ locations.

Unless you are totally house bound then VM don't need to make any changes to their equipment collection process. The courier wouldn't collect it as that isn't what he will be asked to do.

It may be old but VM still have value in it as it will be recycled for new customers.
I suggest that you have a read of the 2010 Equality Act. VM have already said that they will accommodate my various requests to retain our custom, but the sticking point is that at the moment they say they cannot let me have a new box.

If this isn't sorted out soon, they will be too late and the cancellations will begin.

If correct, it beggars belief that these useless boxes will be palmed off on new customers.

I'm not blaming any new customers for this, but it also beggars belief that customers of many years are expected to put up with the old TiVo, whilst some new customers are getting a new one!

I suppose it's down to them putting their own convenience before that of their customers ie an installer would probably have to attend anyway.
Old 06-11-2016, 17:52   #1018
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Or it could be that VM doesn't have 2m (roughly) set top boxes and the man power to swap them all out in one hit?
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 17:58   #1019
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Sounds like you`re trying to hold them to ransom and saying give me one of the new boxes or I`m going. Good job I dont work in customer services for vm I`d just say bye bye
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 18:05   #1020
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I suggest that you have a read of the 2010 Equality Act. VM have already said that they will accommodate my various requests to retain our custom, but the sticking point is that at the moment they say they cannot let me have a new box.

If this isn't sorted out soon, they will be too late and the cancellations will begin.

If correct, it beggars belief that these useless boxes will be palmed off on new customers.

I'm not blaming any new customers for this, but it also beggars belief that customers of many years are expected to put up with the old TiVo, whilst some new customers are getting a new one!

I suppose it's down to them putting their own convenience before that of their customers ie an installer would probably have to attend anyway.
Maybe they are worried that you will pound the life out of the box and start providing negative reviews before it is even launched!

They are advertising the new V6 from 30 November, and no-one has the right to take possession of one until VM make it generally available. So I guess you will be leaving, then...
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote