Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2012, 18:47   #2641
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...ster-news-corp

In Australia too? Don't go up against the dark side! In fact I might have to join them if it is the only place I can get Premier Sport.
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2012, 19:23   #2642
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It's not been a great start to 2012. I too thought things had become stale however upon review of what has been delivered since TiVo launched 15 months ago, Virgin have actually delivered a lot. In fact it's probably their busiest period ever, apart from when the SKY HD channels launched in 2010, for delivering new channels and On Demand content.

ITV +1
True Entertainment
BBC Alba
Dave HD
Watch HD
Sony Entertainment
CBS Action
PBS
Eden HD
Eden +1
Yesterday +1
Good Food HD
SKY Arts 1 HD
SKY Arts 2 HD
SKY Movies Classics HD
Boxnation
SKY Sports F1
NDTV 24x7
Colors
Sunrise Radio

We also got access to SKY Anytime, 3D content, ESPN Classic On Demand, not to mention the Spotify deal.

If Virgin can deliver this type of volume again over the next 15 months I'll be a very happy customer.
Thanks for the list.

However, it's worth stating that whilst this includes everything that has launched in the last 15 months, one (True Entertainment) appeared in place of another channel, seven are HD simulcasts of already available SD channels and three are timeshift channels. In fact, VM only launched four new channels - CBS Action, PBS, Sony Entertainment and NDTV - and three premium channels - Colors, Boxnation (eventually) and Sky Sports F1, and if SSF1, and to an extent, Boxnation had not launched then VM would have lost a significant number of customers.

However, I will happily concede that the addition of Sky Anytime has been a major boost to the on demand offering.
Old 28-03-2012, 20:09   #2643
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
However, it's worth stating that whilst this includes everything that has launched in the last 15 months, one (True Entertainment) appeared in place of another channel, seven are HD simulcasts of already available SD channels and three are timeshift channels.
Given that "more HD would be good" is something I hear a lot of, that's a good thing, isn't it?
Old 28-03-2012, 21:12   #2644
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
While wishlists are a neat feature it wouldnt be top of my want list with Sky , we're TIVO really shines for me is with its search feature and this is an area Sky need to vastly revamp , I went to the the US nearly two years ago and stayed in a home with DirecTV which had a smart search feature which blew Sky away and I believe they've since updated the feature again , it seems ironic that they also use NDS like Sky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEG67hhHs-0

I don't use search much, but tonight, maybe prompted by your post, I searched for Breakout Kings, which I'd seen advertised recently but couldn't remember which channel or when it starts. Search found nothing, so I entered it in a whishlist search and it found shows actually listed on the EPG. I wonder why search didn't find it?
Old 28-03-2012, 21:16   #2645
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

For me, apart from getting the remaining Sports channels in HD, the only channel I miss from being with SKY is More4+1, as I frequently miss things on there and they aren't repeated for ages, by which time I forget I wanted to see them so the +1 channel for More4 would be the one channel I would love Virgin to bring to their boxes.
Old 28-03-2012, 21:16   #2646
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Thats a pretty poor figure for Sky's flagship channel and wise man would say you need to make it available to the widest audience you can and perhaps sooner rather then later Sky will realise this.
more proof of atlantic is crap and most over hyped channel ever and proof VM where so so right on in not over paying like sky wanted
Old 28-03-2012, 21:18   #2647
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
more proof of atlantic is crap and most over hpyed channel ever
Thats a matter of opinion Dave.
Old 28-03-2012, 21:20   #2648
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
if it was any good it get much better viewing figures fact Den mate
Old 28-03-2012, 21:24   #2649
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
if it was any good it get much better viewing figures fact Den mate
l think you are forgetting excellent series like for example

1/ Game of Thrones
2/ Mad Men
3/ The Borgias
4/ Boardwalk Empire
5/ Luck
Old 28-03-2012, 21:28   #2650
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
For me, apart from getting the remaining Sports channels in HD, the only channel I miss from being with SKY is More4+1, as I frequently miss things on there and they aren't repeated for ages, by which time I forget I wanted to see them so the +1 channel for More4 would be the one channel I would love Virgin to bring to their boxes.
Whishlists are your friend for that.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Quote:
Quote:
l think you are forgetting excellent series like for example

1/ Game of Thrones
2/ Mad Men
3/ The Borgias
4/ Boardwalk Empire
5/ Luck
Spot on Den.
Old 28-03-2012, 21:28   #2651
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
l rhink you are forgetting excellent series like for example

1/ Game of Thrones
2/ Mad Men
3/ The Borgias
4/ Boardwalk Empire
5/ Luck
yes wanted to watch game of thrones didnt like mad men when on bbc and seen broadwalk empire thought it was very crap but know lots like it too but life would be very boring if all liked the same luck looks to be good got to admit but now been canned and think blue bloods looks good too other than that nothing id watch far as i seen so far bet sky very disapointed with viewing figures with all the millions they spend over hyping it
Old 28-03-2012, 21:39   #2652
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Given that "more HD would be good" is something I hear a lot of, that's a good thing, isn't it?
Of course it is.

I was merely making the point about the number of brand new channels being rather less than the list would necessarily indicate and generally HD channel launches are merely simulcasts of SD channels.
Old 28-03-2012, 21:43   #2653
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Yes. So basically, any excuse to make VM look bad. I get it
Old 28-03-2012, 22:05   #2654
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

Quote:
yes wanted to watch game of thrones didnt like mad men when on bbc and seen broadwalk empire thought it was very crap but know lots like it too but life would be very boring if all liked the same luck looks to be good got to admit but now been canned and think blue bloods looks good too other than that nothing id watch far as i seen so far bet sky very disapointed with viewing figures with all the millions they spend over hyping it
I would watch all of these if I had Atlantic. I would also watch Treme, Entourage and Friday night lights. On top of that repeats of shows such as Seinfeld, Sopranos, Six feet under and X-files are always worth a second look.
Old 28-03-2012, 22:13   #2655
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
I would watch all of these if I had Atlantic. I would also watch Treme, Entourage and Friday night lights. On top of that repeats of shows such as Seinfeld, Sopranos, Six feet under and X-files are always worth a second look.
you would think with the bad viewing figures sky would want to get more so seems a bad idea to withhold it plus they make much more money if they let VM have it from subs and advertisment
Closed Thread