Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC1 HD showing regional programme tomorrow.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Sports

Old 08-06-2016, 10:47   #1
ernest22
Inactive

ernest22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky Sports

I'm a virgin TV subscriber and would like to subscribe to sky sports for one month only. As we now have to give 30 days notice to cancel do I therefore need to sign up and cancel on the same day?

Thanks in advance.
ernest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2016, 15:13   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Sky Sports

I would say so. They will be able to tell you better if you call up.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 16:11   #3
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

yes thats correct

when i called up to get premier sports last week the person i spoke to booked the cancellation at the same time

this means i dont have to call back in 30 days time, it will just disappear, very efficient
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 16:28   #4
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I phoned to cancel my Sky Sports package last week due to the fact that the football had finished, the rep I spoke to let me keep the package and also deducted 3 months of payments, not a bad deal.........
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 17:06   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l phoned up the other week MM as our contract was ending and l politely said we were thinking of leaving to which he replied why and l replied by saying that they were becoming too expensive and on that he left the phone for several minutes and came back and said because of our loyalty and the size of our package they were going to give us a discount of £31 for the next 12 months so obviously my answer to that was yes as basically if you work it out we are basically getting our premium channels for a very considerable discount and that's hard to refuse.
Old 08-06-2016, 18:02   #6
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

i'm due a call in a couple of weeks when our various discounts end, hopefully we can come to an arrangement again
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 18:16   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Hopefully you will get another reasonable discount as there is a lot of competition out there and companies certainly will be very reluctant to lose any customers.
Old 08-06-2016, 19:52   #8
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

And if you are polite too, that always helps. I wonder how many get told no when they call and go 'My friend got a discount, give me one or I'm leaving'.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 20:08   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes you are quite right Mark.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:16   #10
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

I never seem to get these awesome discounts. I phoned up last month and cancelled my sports sub as £31 is too much. I was offered it for £21 but it's still too much just for the odd rugby match. So it will have to be alternative methods for me.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote